Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2022, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/8bd334c7-dc33-4d1b-9788-f4c8c5298f92[/img]

Just launched on June 8th double EQN…But hey believe what you want, Hyatt obviously sees the need for it.
Unless it’s for the general population, the target audience may not be who you think it is… might as well say the 20 night corporate globalist offer is a triple elite qualifying nights… this has been going on year over year.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by coleslaw
It's a highly targeted regional double EQN promo?

$5k a year for 10 years... that's maybe enough to justify lifetime Discoverist.
A promo is a promo Hyatt could very well be seeing what pans out in the US and other regions in determining Q4 worldwide.

I’ve seen also several promos from June through September in Asia, Europe, Middle East not just this one.

5k a year isn’t nothing and it’s definitely sufficient to hit Globalist every year. Average stay cost $75 per night x 60 nights per year that’s $4,500. That’s not even factoring points stays. From that $4,500 spend you’d earn 29,250 points (assuming 0 promos) that’s about 6 more nights at Cat 1’s.

My point wasn’t about attaining status it was about defining loyalty. Giving a company 5k a year every year for 5+ years is loyalty.

Think about Vegas if you stay 3 days a year and play 5k a year in those 3 days (5 hours a day). You earn significantly more comps, FreePlay and credit than someone who comes in spends 25k on 1 hand of blackjack even if that person loses. Why? Because they like your time, your loyalty.

I’ve actually asked several pit managers this because I’ve done $1,000 bets for 15 minute sessions and earn basically 0 points and 0 comps. Despite bribing 10k to the table I earn less than someone bringing $1,000 to the table who play for a couple hours. That’s the reality of it and that’s how they define loyalty.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:34 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I think it's pretty obvious that the regional double EQN promo is based on reduced travel demand and ability in that region. Whether accurate or not, Asia still has the perception of being more difficult to travel to and within based on restrictions.

I'm not ruling out a global double EQN promotion, but I seriously would bet that Hyatt and property owners would like to reduce the number of Globalists this year in order to cut benefit costs and improve the experience for 60-night Globalists (more upgrade availability).

At least in the US, people are traveling, promotion or not - Hyatt isn't going to incentivize people further.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I think it's pretty obvious that the regional double EQN promo is based on reduced travel demand and ability in that region. Whether accurate or not, Asia still has the perception of being more difficult to travel to and within based on restrictions.

I'm not ruling out a global double EQN promotion, but I seriously would bet that Hyatt and property owners would like to reduce the number of Globalists this year in order to cut benefit costs and improve the experience for 60-night Globalists (more upgrade availability).

At least in the US, people are traveling, promotion or not - Hyatt isn't going to incentivize people further.
Europe is wide open the promo posted was for Europe and not mainland Asia.

As far as boosts even if one was offered the number of globalists would severely severely decline because many hit globalists with only 10-15 nights total.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Europe is wide open the promo posted was for Europe and not mainland Asia.

As far as boosts even if one was offered the number of globalists would severely severely decline because many hit globalists with only 10-15 nights total.
Oops, yes, you're right - Southwest Asia, Europe, Middle East, and Africa.

Still, though, presumably, demand numbers need to be boosted in these environments based on Hyatt's analysis. No other reason for them to offer such a promo. It's also targeted, so there's probably some algorithm for incentives at play.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I don’t seem to get targeted for inclusion in Hyatt’s targeted promos. Not sure if Hyatt loses any stays from me because it excludes me so commonly, but it certainly doesn’t drive me forward to re-qualify faster from hotel stays.

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I'm at 30 so far, with only 10 nights being actual stays, all of which were either using certificates or points. I have 7 nights booked on points this summer. I'm going to get really close to 60 based upon spend this year reducing my need to do mattress runs.
Are you doing any manufactured spend on the Hyatt bank cards to rack up Hyatt status nights?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Oops, yes, you're right - Southwest Asia, Europe, Middle East, and Africa.

Still, though, presumably, demand numbers need to be boosted in these environments based on Hyatt's analysis. No other reason for them to offer such a promo. It's also targeted, so there's probably some algorithm for incentives at play.
My post said this was evidence that Hyatt is trying multiple tactics and seeing what works everywhere. So based on this promo, based on Q2/Q3 numbers that’s what formulates Q4 promos which could keyword could, not will, just could, allow for a double EQN promo in the US.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Just hit 28 EQN... I dont know, I have very little travel (only about 12-15 nights) rest of the year. I put a good chunk of spend on the Hyatt CC each year, might need to push that even more. Also just booked 2 separate 4 night stays at Excalibur in December at $21/night, just in case I get desperate.

Used to be a part (minority) owner in a Hyatt in Emeryville... those were better times !
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:35 pm

My post said this was evidence that Hyatt is trying multiple tactics and seeing what works everywhere. So based on this promo, based on Q2/Q3 numbers that’s what formulates Q4 promos which could keyword could, not will, just could, allow for a double EQN promo in the US.
hyatt could also have “Q4 earned rolled in 2023” like before. Hoping for this one (self justification, I know).
Old Jun 12, 2022, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/8bd334c7-dc33-4d1b-9788-f4c8c5298f92[/img]

Just launched on June 8th double EQN…But hey believe what you want, Hyatt obviously sees the need for it.
What are the details of this promo? Global? Regional? Public or targeted?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Doppy
What are the details of this promo? Global? Regional? Public or targeted?
Regional and targeted.
Doppy likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Regional and targeted.
Fairly easy to tell just from looking at the picture.

I wouldn’t consider it regional though.

To me even a U.S. only promo isn’t regional as there’s several very distinct regions and markets even within the US.

I’d consider this a semi-world promo as it encompasses more than a dozen countries.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Fairly easy to tell just from looking at the picture.

I wouldn’t consider it regional though.

To me even a U.S. only promo isn’t regional as there’s several very distinct regions and markets even within the US.

I’d consider this a semi-world promo as it encompasses more than a dozen countries.
It covers EMEA and southwest Asia… what do you think “regional” means?
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The image doesn't load for me for whatever reason, anyway I don't think that a regional, targeted promo goes against what I said, which is that Hyatt is unlikely to need a global or North America promo given that North America and Europe, where most of the properties are, are already open.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by Doppy
The image doesn't load for me for whatever reason, anyway I don't think that a regional, targeted promo goes against what I said, which is that Hyatt is unlikely to need a global or North America promo given that North America and Europe, where most of the properties are, are already open.
Again this promo covers all of Europe…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.