Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2022, 1:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Hyatts ADR for Select Service hotels (ie Hyatt Place and Hyatt House) in the Americas was $138.60 in 2019, $95.69 in 2020, $123.77 in 2021, $135.19 in 2022).

That’s based on publisher data, not my anecdotal evidence.
We stay January to April (which rates are $50-$75) and October to December which rates are $55-$75 in Dallas specifically (north Dallas like Addison area or Las Colinas).

So subtract out May, June, July, August and September which are obviously the peak travel months and you’ll get the rates we’re seeing as well, I wouldn’t be caught dead in Texas in the summer. The same could be said for any of the cities listed above, which is still a majority of the year traveling (7 months).
Old Jun 14, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Matt4200
We stay January to April (which rates are $50-$75) and October to December which rates are $55-$75 in Dallas specifically (north Dallas like Addison area or Las Colinas).

So subtract out May, June, July, August and September which are obviously the peak travel months and you’ll get the rates we’re seeing as well, I wouldn’t be caught dead in Texas in the summer. The same could be said for any of the cities listed above, which is still a majority of the year traveling (7 months).
But again, that’s all anecdotal. It might fit your travel patterns to a T, but that’s not reality over a broad range of travelers / the general population. You can’t extrapolate out your narrow experiences and assume that they apply to a broad swath.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by strickerj
I guess there's a distinction between "loyal" and "valuable". <snip>
Indeed. That's why they are two different words.

Regards
Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Matt4200

I just tried a bunch of dates next winter around Dallas and I couldn't find a single night lower than $84 in any Hyatt.

Things may have changed.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 6:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Fast track program to reach Globalist

I was not aware but apparently the corporate fast track program worked on current Globalist members, as I read somewhere that this won't work if you are already a Globalist member.
Applied for the offer end April and just reached 20+ nights last week, got an in-app update congratulating me reaching Globalist and showed my status to Feb 2024. My nights so far is at 39.
I will continue on the Hyatt stays planned for 2nd half of the year to reach 60 nights anyway to get the SUAs and FNA Cat 1-7.

Check if your company has an agreement with Hyatt on this program, basically need to stay 20 nights within 90 days once you activate the offer.
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ier-offer.html

Last edited by zoneflyer; Jun 14, 2022 at 7:08 pm
Old Jun 14, 2022, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by josephstern
I just tried a bunch of dates next winter around Dallas and I couldn't find a single night lower than $84 in any Hyatt.

Things may have changed.
Those black swan 2020 rates aren't coming back anytime soon
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I was occasionaly doing 1 night stays in Madison, WI (Verona) to visit family over the past 2 years. The rate was usually around $88-98 per night. Now, it shows $128 through the rest of this year. Did I mention its a Hyatt Place? Things are getting whacky
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:24 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Those black swan 2020 rates aren't coming back anytime soon
Some of the Hyatt hotels around DFW community would be bookable at those levels even before 2020. At least for a bit after 2015, some people would still choose Hyatt hotels around Dallas for mattress runs because the rates during off-peak dates were a great combination of low and convenient.

I can probably pretty cheaply get Hyatt Globalist again, but I just have doubts it would be convenient or all that useful for me. If a good promo comes about for me, I will perhaps revise course in early 2023.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by zoneflyer
I was not aware but apparently the corporate fast track program worked on current Globalist members, as I read somewhere that this won't work if you are already a Globalist member.
Applied for the offer end April and just reached 20+ nights last week, got an in-app update congratulating me reaching Globalist and showed my status to Feb 2024. My nights so far is at 39.
I will continue on the Hyatt stays planned for 2nd half of the year to reach 60 nights anyway to get the SUAs and FNA Cat 1-7.

Check if your company has an agreement with Hyatt on this program, basically need to stay 20 nights within 90 days once you activate the offer.
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ier-offer.html
I originally became a Globalist through one of those corporate challenges, the real value though is in the free night cert at 60 nights and the suite upgrades along the way which are huge if you travel with family.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:00 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
25 nights / 55k base points
Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:07 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

24 nights so far, with about 6 more BIB nights planned trough the summer.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by josephstern

Things may have changed.
Things have changed, for sure. And that's also such a niche market, it's unfathomable that someone would try to extrapolate that out and imply it's the norm or is a common situation.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:51 pm

I am 26 days from requalifying. As in...26 days from now I will have re-qualified

Which is good because from August 1st until the end of the year there's a decent chance I'll have 0 hotel nights.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:17 pm

I’m still partially confused why we are talking about Texas properties that are sub-$80s. If one wants to qualify that way, so be it. I mean why not say we can get $40 rooms at the Excalibur. People go to Vegas for business as well. Lots of sub-$80 rooms there. And if we really need to mattress run, might as well do the a rustic checkin for $80.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 4:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I'm at 31 nights YTD and have reservations in August and November that will get me to 47. I'm still contemplating if I want to book an additional 13 nights to reach 60 for the year. I think I will do it but with the increase in prices its not as attractive as in previous years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.