Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
No problem. I thought the Dec. 29 and 30 nights were the ones that would have gotten you to 80.
Assimilated Cajun likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by josephstern
Well, if 60 = Globalist for you, yes, you get a Cat 1-7 free night. Some of us got that at 55.
that is weird, I didnt see the cat 1-7 cert after I re-qual at 55.

i am already over 60 (67 right now). Still no 1-7 cert.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by skj
The "problem" exists every year. If I recall correctly, back in the GP days, one could call and have nights manually credited to the year they actually occurred. That wasn't the case last year. Hyatt was much stricter about not crediting nights to 2017 if the check out date was 1 Jan 2018 or later. I know "past performance is no guarantee ..." but absent some statement from Hyatt, I wouldn't count on different behavior this year if I needed the nights in 2018 to hit some milestone.
So does it mean that by rule, a stay checking out on 1st Jan will be counted in the new year?
I have a stay from 25th to 31th Dec, and I've already hit 60 nights so i would rather to credit the 6 night to 2019. I am thinking of make a booking of 25th Dec to 1st Jan if the whole 7 night stay would be credited to year 2019. Is that possible?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 6:07 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Ausriver
So does it mean that by rule, a stay checking out on 1st Jan will be counted in the new year?
I have a stay from 25th to 31th Dec, and I've already hit 60 nights so i would rather to credit the 6 night to 2019. I am thinking of make a booking of 25th Dec to 1st Jan if the whole 7 night stay would be credited to year 2019. Is that possible?
In previous years the 7 nights from a stay from 25 Dec to 1 Jan would be credited to the new year. There have been some reports here recently that claim Hyatt is now able to properly credit nights for promos where the checkin or checkout dates span the promo period. If Hyatt has changed their IT systems, it's possible the "over New Years" nights may also be credited to the year they actually occurred. I don't think we'll know for certain until we're into the new year.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by skj
In previous years the 7 nights from a stay from 25 Dec to 1 Jan would be credited to the new year. There have been some reports here recently that claim Hyatt is now able to properly credit nights for promos where the checkin or checkout dates span the promo period. If Hyatt has changed their IT systems, it's possible the "over New Years" nights may also be credited to the year they actually occurred. I don't think we'll know for certain until we're into the new year.
I can provide a DP of the Hyatt IT system's promo calculations. I would have hit promo bonus tiers sooner if even 1 night of my 5-night stay ending Sep 1 had counted. I'd love to get a head start on 2019 with a 2-3 night stay ending Jan 1, but it seems likely that none of those nights will count.

Is a Dec 31-Jan 1 stay supposed to be part of 2018 or 2019, from a T&C point-of-view (rather than IT implementation)?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by skj
So should I risk of booking the extra night?
If it works, I will have a good start to 7 nights for 2019 only after the first day of new year.
If it didn't work, I will waste an extra night stay and $200 for the extra night.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1 more night....
Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:10 pm

I'll hit 60 nights on 12/27 and achieve Globalist for first time. The T&C says "Please allow approximately seven (7) business days from the checkout date of the stay during which you qualify for a new elite status to be applied to your membership." In practice, how long did it take Hyatt to award you Globalist status? I have a stay early in the new year that I would like to utilize the benefits.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It usually takes me two days for any threshold to show, after checkout.
ewrp12 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ewrp12
I'll hit 60 nights on 12/27 and achieve Globalist for first time. The T&C says "Please allow approximately seven (7) business days from the checkout date of the stay during which you qualify for a new elite status to be applied to your membership." In practice, how long did it take Hyatt to award you Globalist status? I have a stay early in the new year that I would like to utilize the benefits.
Mine happened sometime over the weekend after checking out on Friday evening. Pretty amazed to see points posted and Globbler status updated to 2020.
ewrp12 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 11:34 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
i am at 26 nights but 164 000 base points, so I am good for Glob for next year. I am just wondering if the threshold for CC is at 175 K or 200 K. if 175 K I might be tempted to do a 2-3 nights mattress run... Furthermore maybe i don't qualify the other undisclosed criterias with only so few nights and 3 brands / 7 hotels. I have little hope qualifying for it, but would be a pleasant surprise if it came. might convince me to switch parts of my GHA stays to Hyatts, to the exception of Bangkok!
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
56 once I check out tomorrow morning, Monday. Then should get 4 from credit card spend on 12/27.

If something goes wrong, still have a couple days to fix things. I hope.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Dec 24, 2018 at 9:45 am
Old Dec 23, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Mine posted 1 business day after my checkout date. You should receive it fairly quickly.
ewrp12 likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 7:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Stayed night 60 on 21, checked out 22; received glob renewal + TSU + 1-7 cat night cert on 23.
Alexsth2011 likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by ewrp12
60th night hit my account today and automatically received recognition as Globalist. Received the TSUs and Free Night (although the Free Night expires 6/21/19 for some reason).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.