Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Anyone heard back from their concierge lately? Been about 3 days without a response here.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 8:23 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
Agreed, thanks for pics. We've got reservations at KYOYAMOTA so if no one reports back by the time we go I'll hopefully have some pictures.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by invalyd
Anyone heard back from their concierge lately? Been about 3 days without a response here.
Been running at about 4 days response time lately.
invalyd likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Nice pics, makes it look better than even the hotel would try to make it.

It would be nice to se what the menu at Kyoyamamoto is like, whether they have only a set menu or (a selection of set menus) or a la carte for dinner.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Nice pics, makes it look better than even the hotel would try to make it.

It would be nice to se what the menu at Kyoyamamoto is like, whether they have only a set menu or (a selection of set menus) or a la carte for dinner.
It's set - but varies greatly, I got this back from the hotel:

As for the menu of Kyoyamato, the difference is for both quantity and the quality of ingredients. Please be informed that chef will decide and prepare fresh seasonal ingredients at the very last minutes.
Therefore, we are unable to explain the details of each menu in advance.

Basically, kaiseki dinner is consist of approx. 10 small dishes from appetizer, soup, sashimi (sliced raw fish), some seasonal dishes, sometimes serve a tempura dish, main dish (such as grilled fish/meat)
and dessert. If it is your first time to have a kaiseki cuisine, we would recommend you to try 27000JPY course menu. If you are familiar with kaiseki cuisine and enjoy more high quality seasonal ingredients, we would recommend you either 35000 / 45000JPY.
I'll post what I can after our dinner, we're doing the 27000JPY course menu.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond
Going there next couple of weeks. Has someone tried the Yasaka Teppan, menu is here https://www.hyatt.com/content/dam/ho...-Main-Menu.pdf ? 18000 Yen sounds fair but wondering if it was any good.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Neric
It's set - but varies greatly, I got this back from the hotel:

I'll post what I can after our dinner, we're doing the 27000JPY course menu.
Wow, those prices are astronomical, even by Kyoto standards. I hope they give you a great experience.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Wow, those prices are astronomical, even by Kyoto standards. I hope they give you a great experience.
3 star kaiseki place in Tokyo is > 1200+ usd - prepaid for 2.... so it seems pricing has gotten crazy.

It doesn't count for hyatt points either. So it should be good... I'll report back ;-)
Old Nov 7, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
So uhh is there a Yoshinoya nearby
solewalker and hp12c like this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 11:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SawBo
So uhh is there a Yoshinoya nearby
There's a 7-eleven down the street
reigndrop, blitzen, hp12c and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 1:30 pm

Very quickly read the thread..... NO complimentary Breakfast for Globalist member in this PH?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 1:58 pm

Where did you get that idea?
hailstorm and 59Impala like this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rebyang
Very quickly read the thread..... NO complimentary Breakfast for Globalist member in this PH?
Read a little more slowly.
59Impala likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 3:52 pm

The menus for Kyoto Bistro, both the 2 breakfast menus posted above and the main menu on the hotel website, state that consumption tax will be added but do not mention any service charge, in contrast to the menus for Yasaka and the Living Room, which all state that consumption tax and 15% service charge would be added. Since these are the actual printed menus, it would be very strange if this is an error, so it would seem that there is no service charge at Kyoto Bistro. Can anyone corroborate that?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 4:00 pm

The menus for Kyoto Bistro, both the 2 breakfast menus posted above and the main menu on the hotel website, state that consumption tax will be added but do not mention any service charge, in contrast to the menus for Yasaka and the Living Room, which all state that consumption tax and 15% service charge would be added. Since these are the actual printed menus, it would be very strange if this is an error, so it would seem that there is no service charge at Kyoto Bistro. Can anyone corroborate that?
Breakfast for 2 at Kyoto Bistro was 8,800 yen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.