Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2019, 7:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
Suite upgrades are for the Park Suite, same size as the Deluxe rooms. It's unavailable for the first 3 nights of our stay so I was unable to use a suite upgrade for it. (so easy to check now the the hotel is open if you will be able to use an upgrade)

Looking forward to some reviews now that it's open!
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Neric
Suite upgrades are for the Park Suite, same size as the Deluxe rooms. It's unavailable for the first 3 nights of our stay so I was unable to use a suite upgrade for it. (so easy to check now the the hotel is open if you will be able to use an upgrade)

Looking forward to some reviews now that it's open!
Same here... the Park Suite inventory was available nearly every day and then suddenly dried up the day TSUs become usable. Hard to imagine that many people use TSU's within a 12 hour span.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd
Same here... the Park Suite inventory was available nearly every day and then suddenly dried up the day TSUs become usable. Hard to imagine that many people use TSU's within a 12 hour span.
I was able to get a TSU attached for our March stay through the Concierge but she said they definitely got inundated with requests the first day.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Took me(and my concierge) numerous tries to get our TSU applied for our upcoming stay in two weeks. Availability online vanished once they opened but I contacted the hotel directly(multiple times). Reservation team was able to apply and confirm our TSU into a Park Suite(even though availability never showed up on Hyatt.com).
invalyd likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by faboi0us
Took me(and my concierge) numerous tries to get our TSU applied for our upcoming stay in two weeks. Availability online vanished once they opened but I contacted the hotel directly(multiple times). Reservation team was able to apply and confirm our TSU into a Park Suite(even though availability never showed up on Hyatt.com).
Any idea what finally allowed them to do it? I contacted the property directly but no such luck. According to an Instagram post, they only have 9 suites at the property.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 1:13 pm

Any idea what finally allowed them to do it? I contacted the property directly but no such luck. According to an Instagram post, they only have 9 suites at the property.
Not sure what allowed them to do it, my concierge and I sent them multiple e-mails. We would monitor Hyatt.com for availability multiple times a day. It was fairly inconsistent as award nights and availability sporadically showed up for certain nights during our stay. I even informed them that I was willing to alter my travel dates based on availability. We are traveling as a family of 4(2 young kids) so we needed the suite(or Deluxe Room), maybe that's why they applied it for us.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by faboi0us
Not sure what allowed them to do it, my concierge and I sent them multiple e-mails. We would monitor Hyatt.com for availability multiple times a day. It was fairly inconsistent as award nights and availability sporadically showed up for certain nights during our stay. I even informed them that I was willing to alter my travel dates based on availability. We are traveling as a family of 4(2 young kids) so we needed the suite(or Deluxe Room), maybe that's why they applied it for us.
Must be nice to have such a helpful Concierge
Old Nov 1, 2019, 1:24 pm

Must be nice to have such a helpful Concierge
My concierge wasn't too proactive initially. I was the one that cc'd her to my communications with the hotel . I was very persistent with my follow up e-mails and inquiries(not willing to take no as an answer).

Don't give up, I'm sure availability will open up for you!
invalyd likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by nanirina
thank you! I will try that. Not sure why haven't responded to my original email.
Just as an update, my latest communication with the concierge is at 4 days and counting now waiting on a response. Certainly they should be focusing on current/soon-to-be-arriving guests, but definitely not a good sign.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 6:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
I requested a reservation at the hotel restaurant and it took 4 days to get a response. I suspect they are extra busy now the the hotel is open.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond
Any reviews yet?
Old Nov 4, 2019, 11:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
Originally Posted by justned
Any reviews yet?
I have not seen any but if you check the Park Hyatt Kyoto instagram, tons of tagged pics of videos of rooms, lobbies and such. Very traditional luxury type of experience it looks like.

https://instagram.com/parkhyattkyoto?igshid=1rzcefmtsizlw
Old Nov 5, 2019, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
So I made a point reservation for two people, which I'd already heard from the hotel does not get the breakfast that comes with the standard rate. Separately, I asked if there was a way to stay with three people, and the rooms manager offered an upgrade to a King Deluxe for the difference in price between the standard rate, plus an additional fee for the third person.

I'm now told that, because I am paying for the third person, that third person is entitled to the free breakfast.

I really look forward to questioning the management on the details of that arrangement when I check in. Will we be allowed to rotate the person that gets to eat each day, or must we register a Designated Eater that will go alone throughout the stay...
Old Nov 5, 2019, 3:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by hailstorm
So I made a point reservation for two people, which I'd already heard from the hotel does not get the breakfast that comes with the standard rate. Separately, I asked if there was a way to stay with three people, and the rooms manager offered an upgrade to a King Deluxe for the difference in price between the standard rate, plus an additional fee for the third person.

I'm now told that, because I am paying for the third person, that third person is entitled to the free breakfast.

I really look forward to questioning the management on the details of that arrangement when I check in. Will we be allowed to rotate the person that gets to eat each day, or must we register a Designated Eater that will go alone throughout the stay...
It is interesting that there is a difference in rate between 2 guests and 3 guests for the same room, but no difference between 1 guest and 2 guests, since breakfast is included in the rates, I would think that there should be a difference between 1 and 2 guests.

It is also a bit strange that they are including breakfast for the 1 person for those incremental charges for the room upgrade and extra guest, but that they do not include breakfast for a C&P booking, for which the cash portion would likely be considerably larger than those incremental charges.

Seems a bit like they're making it up as they go.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:15 am

How much does breakfast cost?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.