FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Nov 5, 2019, 3:43 am
OsakaWino

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by hailstorm
So I made a point reservation for two people, which I'd already heard from the hotel does not get the breakfast that comes with the standard rate. Separately, I asked if there was a way to stay with three people, and the rooms manager offered an upgrade to a King Deluxe for the difference in price between the standard rate, plus an additional fee for the third person.

I'm now told that, because I am paying for the third person, that third person is entitled to the free breakfast.

I really look forward to questioning the management on the details of that arrangement when I check in. Will we be allowed to rotate the person that gets to eat each day, or must we register a Designated Eater that will go alone throughout the stay...
It is interesting that there is a difference in rate between 2 guests and 3 guests for the same room, but no difference between 1 guest and 2 guests, since breakfast is included in the rates, I would think that there should be a difference between 1 and 2 guests.

It is also a bit strange that they are including breakfast for the 1 person for those incremental charges for the room upgrade and extra guest, but that they do not include breakfast for a C&P booking, for which the cash portion would likely be considerably larger than those incremental charges.

Seems a bit like they're making it up as they go.