Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by Neric
No one who is Globalist and stayed has posted. So we have nothing confirming or denying this. Andaz Tokyo has an equally expensive breakfast and it's free to globalists. PHT as well - so why are folks worried?
Reception here was very welcoming and warm, great first experience! As a globalist, I can confirm is indeed free for Globalist(3 options). Western Style breakfast, Japanese breakfast(requires advance notice), In-Room Dining.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by gengar
flag drop in Kyoto is very high, around $6, which will account for around half the fare to PH from Kyoto Station.

Just for reference, flag drop varies by company. I believe the lowest is 460 yen for the first 1.2 km and then 80 yen for each additional 252 m and also 80 yen for every 95 sec when moving slower than 10 km/h. MK is 610 yen for the first 2 km and 80 yen for each additional 297 m. 20% late-night surcharge. They are supposed to be introducing an app that will determine the fare beforehand based on distance and predicted traffic.

I would expect the fare from JR Kyoto to PH would be about 1400-2000 yen depending on traffic and lights.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by blitzen
To be honest I think if you stay at the Park Hyatt you can afford a taxi to the hotel
Park Hyatt Tokyo is just as pricey, but they do offer a free shuttle service from Shinjuku station.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 10:50 pm

I paid 1700 yen for a cab from Kyoto station to the Park Hyatt at 6pm. Cab drivers don't know about this property yet and they almost took me to the Hyatt Regency instead. It can be hard to communicate with them even if you show them a Google map location of the property. So I suggest just telling them to take you to the Kodaji Temple which is literally separated by a street from the Park Hyatt. 15 second walk. Will save you a lot of grief. So far the property is nothing short of spectacular.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 2:35 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rp88
I paid 1700 yen for a cab from Kyoto station to the Park Hyatt at 6pm. Cab drivers don't know about this property yet and they almost took me to the Hyatt Regency instead. It can be hard to communicate with them even if you show them a Google map location of the property. So I suggest just telling them to take you to the Kodaji Temple which is literally separated by a street from the Park Hyatt. 15 second walk. Will save you a lot of grief. So far the property is nothing short of spectacular.
This won't help for the initial ride, but I always try to get a business card from the hotel to show to taxi drivers in Kyoto.

Alternatively if you're ok paying a bit extra you can just use Uber to hail a taxi and it'll show them where to go. Also useful for hailing if you're in the middle of nowhere.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Or go into the Hyatt app, go to the property, press Map & Directions, and press 'show in local language'.
janehoya and tigerwong like this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: WOH Globalist
I had the same issue with my cab today, he insisted that he call the hotel to get the directions. I told him to take me to the Kodaji Temple but I assume he was thinking its closed because it was late.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by faboi0us
I had the same issue with my cab today, he insisted that he call the hotel to get the directions. I told him to take me to the Kodaji Temple but I assume he was thinking its closed because it was late.
Maybe it would help to tell them to take you to Kyoyamato?
OsakaWino likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 1:19 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Pragmatic data points are more useful, but I e-mailed the concierge a few days ago to ask what I should tell the taxi driver. Will report when I hear back.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 2:13 am

I e-mailed the concierge a few days ago
I'm surprised the concierge is taking so long with simple questions.

I emailed the generic address to ask for the room service menu and received a reply with the menu from a "Rooms Host" in about an hour. He asked for my reservation number, which I had not included in my email and after I sent it to him a couple of hours later I again received a reply with additional info on breakfast in about 2 hours.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 2:18 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I'm surprised the concierge is taking so long with simple questions.

I emailed the generic address to ask for the room service menu and received a reply with the menu from a "Rooms Host" in about an hour. He asked for my reservation number, which I had not included in my email and after I sent it to him a couple of hours later I again received a reply with additional info on breakfast in about 2 hours.
Concierge responses are at ~4 days turnaround right now. Responses from other departments (like room reservations - not sure if the same as rooms host) are much faster.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by faboi0us
Reception here was very welcoming and warm, great first experience! As a globalist, I can confirm is indeed free for Globalist
Is this a paid or points stay?
Old Nov 17, 2019, 4:18 am

So breakfast is included on all paid stays, and breakfast (including in-room) is comped for Globs on points stays.

And (rather weirdly), if the information provided to hailstorm is correct, if you are a non-Glob and pay (10K ?) for one extra person in the room on a points stay, one person gets breakfast, but the other guests in the room do not, although they would also be paying (25K ?) to upgrade the room.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 4:38 am

It's not even cheaper than the bus, since fares are due to both Keihan and JR.
Well, yes, but, likely the reason someone chooses to go to Kyoto Station is to ride JR, in which case the cost of the JR portion could be zero. The cost to go from Tofukuji to Osaka on JR is the same as the cost to go from Kyoto Station to Osaka on JR.
OsakaWino likes this.

Last edited by Mark McCracken; Nov 18, 2019 at 4:44 am
Old Nov 18, 2019, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by Mark McCracken
Well, yes, but, likely the reason someone chooses to go to Kyoto Station is to ride JR, in which case the cost of the JR portion could be zero. The cost to go from Tofukuji to Osaka on JR is the same as the cost to go from Kyoto Station to Osaka on JR.
If someone wants to go to all that trouble to save 75 cents, then sure, I guess.
blitzen likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.