Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guest of Honor in 2017?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
Sounds like Hyatt is trying to pump the membership numbers for a sale. Fits with everything else they've done in changing from GP to WoH.
That was my thought too. BTW - made another GoH rez today and was once again asked for the recipients WoH number. Gave them another one of my email addresses. Agent also said she didn't understand why they required it now.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by JackE
Not a fan of WoH, but I don't see why registering for WoH is an actual problem for someone on the receiving end of GOH.
It is an extra step if someone doesn't already have an existing account but is hardly a burden to spend maybe five minutes at a maximum creating an account for your guest.

I consider this a really generous benefit. For those traveling with family, it enables you to extend full Globalist benefits to multiple rooms.

Last edited by speedytimmy; Mar 25, 2017 at 8:01 am
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by speedytimmy
For those traveling with family, it enables you to extend full Globalist benefits to multiple rooms.
Yep, did that for a 2 room stay at the Andaz in Costa Rica. Both rooms on points, but booked one in my name (my wife is Glob) and added GOH to it. Had the Twitter team do it. This was at the beginning of March and was not asked for my WOH# (don't have one). Confirmation email did say GOH in the 'preferences' section at the bottom of the email.

I probably will sign up for WOH just in case.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've just made a few of these (one in CR like you) and I've had to have WOH numbers for each.

I do hope that in situations where I have several rooms and I'm in one of them, that all spend on all rooms can count towards my requal. Not sure how that will work unless I obsessively direct everyone to charge everything to my room, which will add confusion at checkout, naturally.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 6:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by josephstern
I've just made a few of these (one in CR like you) and I've had to have WOH nI do hope that in situations where I have several rooms and I'm in one of them, that all spend on all rooms can count towards my requal. Not sure how that will work unless I obsessively direct everyone to charge everything to my room, which will add confusion at checkout, naturally.
You never get night credit for more than one night, no matter how many rooms you have that night.... you get the points for the spend, but that's it.
Could be that you intend to re-qualify on points, but most don't.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RTW1
You never get night credit for more than one night, no matter how many rooms you have that night.... you get the points for the spend, but that's it.
Could be that you intend to re-qualify on points, but most don't.
I likely won't requalify at all, but if I do, it'll be on points.

Plus, I get a bonus on points; my Guests do not.

Plus, I'm paying the bill.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by cmglobal
I think my latest GoH reservation mentions it in the special requests section. I'd have to double check to be sure.
Yes, it would say it in the "Preferences:" part of the reservation confirmation e-mail.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kevino
Yes, it would say it in the "Preferences:" part of the reservation confirmation e-mail.

Thanks for confirmjng that. I never got around to checking (sorry).
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Wow. Just got off the phone with -- with who? whoever it was kept putting me on hold while they talked to WoH -- and they kept insisting that I give them the WoH membership number of our friends whom we want to make Guest(s) of Honor. They kept asking me who was checking in first. I mean, if we could control all that stuff, maybe we wouldn't be staying in a hotel in another town far from where either couple lives.

The whole thing feels complicated and silly. It's one thing to put in a 4th e-mail and join some something for yourself. But to do that to your friends?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

What horror that you have to inform a property who will be using their room and who they have to extend your benefits to....

But I agree that requiring GOH to join WOH is a pain....
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:44 am

Just a data point. Made a Guest of Honor reservation 3/25 for a friend's upcoming April stay at GH Taipei. No requirement for WoH # for the friend.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by RTW1
What horror that you have to inform a property who will be using their room and who they have to extend your benefits to....

But I agree that requiring GOH to join WOH is a pain....
Um, it's not a horror to inform them who will be using the room. To the contrary, I wanted to inform them who would be using in the room. That way, if that person showed up before me, they could check in. The nonsense -- to my mind -- was that Hyatt seemed fine with me having two rooms in my name, provided I showed up first and/or we showed up at the same time. In the event, the second set of guests would remain nameless. Will remain nameless, because when I balked at providing a WoH number for them -- not out of principle, but because I don't know theirs any more than I know yours -- the Hyatt rep was cool with the idea of just leaving the double reservation in my name.

I will try again and hope I get someone more reasonable, as some of the rest of you have. But, c'mon RTW1, think about it. The rest of us are not being fussy here. WoH may have concocted a rule that makes no sense given all of their other rules and the supposed intent of a program that has the word "guest" in it.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:48 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Any experience re GOH and best room up to standard suites?

thanks
fdw
Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Any experience re GOH and best room up to standard suites?

thanks
fdw
probably going to be YMMV depending on the hotel, just like if it was one of us (diamonds*) checking in.

i booked a GoH stay for a couple of my friends at the GH tokyo and they confirmed via email that the booking is eligible for a suite upgrade at check-in, if available. that stay is in a couple weeks so we should know how it went soon.

*deliberate. resist!

Last edited by ahcjar103; Mar 30, 2017 at 6:00 pm
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Um, it's not a horror to inform them who will be using the room. To the contrary, I wanted to inform them who would be using in the room. That way, if that person showed up before me, they could check in. The nonsense -- to my mind -- was that Hyatt seemed fine with me having two rooms in my name, provided I showed up first and/or we showed up at the same time. In the event, the second set of guests would remain nameless. Will remain nameless, because when I balked at providing a WoH number for them -- not out of principle, but because I don't know theirs any more than I know yours -- the Hyatt rep was cool with the idea of just leaving the double reservation in my name.

I will try again and hope I get someone more reasonable, as some of the rest of you have. But, c'mon RTW1, think about it. The rest of us are not being fussy here. WoH may have concocted a rule that makes no sense given all of their other rules and the supposed intent of a program that has the word "guest" in it.

The phone agents literally have no idea what they are doing. The information that they were giving me in a situation similar to yours leaves me with zero confidence.

Originally Posted by kevino
My GOH reservation shows no indication in "Preferences" or anywhere else that it is a GOH stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.