Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guest of Honor in 2017?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2017, 10:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by zombietooth
By the way, can you see the words "Guest of Honor" anywhere in their reservation? I can't find anything in my nephew's to indicate that it actually is a GOH stay and not just an award nominee stay.
It's never said that on GoH reservations. But that's a change they should make, would cut down on all the failures to afford proper GoH treatment.

Originally Posted by Ben2017
Hello there! Yes, this is a new policy with World of Hyatt. Guests do have to be World of Hyatt members now to use the guest of honor experience. I understand how different this is, but this is our new policy and we have to honor it. I would be happy to enroll the guest if you provide an address and email address to put on file. Or you could have them call in to the World of Hyatt number at 888-344-9288 and do it over the phone. -Ashley T[/b]
What idiocy.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 10:20 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by josephstern
Did you just add their names to your reservation, or did the full reservation get put in their names?
No, I called WoH and they did everything for me, and ensured it was marked as a Guest of Honor reservation. No mention my soon 80 year old in-laws need to join WoH.

Last edited by 59Impala; Mar 18, 2017 at 10:40 pm
Old Mar 18, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I think my latest GoH reservation mentions it in the special requests section. I'd have to double check to be sure.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 8:09 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Just had my son check into Grand Hyatt Melbourne as a GoH.
He was told GoH doesn't get upgraded etc etc
But they went and checked and then gave him a club room....a nice one, apparently.
But even though the standard suites show availability for the three nights he is there he was told they are sold out
I did call the hotel and they said the same thing to me, too
Not the end of the world but disappointing
Since it is a special occasion I wanted it to be perfect for them.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Kacee
It's never said that on GoH reservations. But that's a change they should make, would cut down on all the failures to afford proper GoH treatment.

What idiocy.
You know, Kacee, I am going to be staying right across the street at the Tokyo Hilton because it has a much nicer club and facilities than the HRT. With GOH's spotty record, I really don't have much confidence in the program and am wondering if I should just book the stay in my name and check-in as myself? Since this is a two week stay, I really want them to be treated well and upgraded during their time in Tokyo and want to maximize their chances as much as possible.

What's your opinion?
Old Mar 18, 2017, 10:50 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by zombietooth
With GOH's spotty record, I really don't have much confidence in the program and am wondering if I should just book the stay in my name and check-in as myself?
I have limited personal experience. After reading all the negative reports here on FT, for my only GoH award, I contacted the property ahead of time (HR CDG) to confirm GoH benefits. They were great about it, couldn't have been nicer or more responsive, and benefits were delivered as promised.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by frogss29
Just had my son check into Grand Hyatt Melbourne as a GoH.
He was told GoH doesn't get upgraded etc etc
But they went and checked and then gave him a club room....a nice one, apparently.
But even though the standard suites show availability for the three nights he is there he was told they are sold out
I did call the hotel and they said the same thing to me, too
Not the end of the world but disappointing
Since it is a special occasion I wanted it to be perfect for them.
Figures. The terms and conditions state ALL in-hotel benefits, not whichever benefits the hotel chooses. Then again, "best room" is that their discretion, so you lose either way.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Like others I went to make a guest of honors rez for my father so he can be near my grandmother who is entering hospice tomorrow. Was given the same info that he must have a WoH membership which just seems dumb. After going back and forth a bit I just ended up giving them an alternate email address (all they needed was an email). If my dad actually membership I can always change the email address

In the end it barely matters since it is a HH where he will get the astounding benefit of a bottle of water a day
Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Not a fan of WoH, but I don't see why registering for WoH is an actual problem for someone on the receiving end of GOH.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by JackE
Not a fan of WoH, but I don't see why registering for WoH is an actual problem for someone on the receiving end of GOH.
It's needless hassle.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
That's weird. I booked two goh stays for a buddy's honeymoon in Hawaii and 0 request for anything but his name. This happened within the week.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by austin_modern
That's weird. I booked two goh stays for a buddy's honeymoon in Hawaii and 0 request for anything but his name. This happened within the week.
Same for me.

For my nephew's coming stay at the HRT, all they took was his name. No address, No CC info, nothing. I can't see anything in the res or my confirmation email.

This is just too screwy for me, so I am just going to cancel and put the res in my name, since I will be staying across the street at the Tokyo Hilton. That way they'll get the Glob benefits for sure.

They really need a way to confirm that you have a GOH res other than a verbal promise.

Last edited by zombietooth; Mar 22, 2017 at 8:29 am
Old Mar 22, 2017, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by JackE
Originally Posted by cmglobal
It's needless hassle.
Yep, needless hassle. If they are already a member, it means I need to get their membership number from them. I know I don't like giving my membership numbers to others. Or they get to be signed up for a program they didn't ask to be a part of. And why do they need a membership number? They are getting benefits based on my status, and they aren't going to accrue points since it is an award reservation. Just seems pointless.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
And why do they need a membership number?
Sounds like Hyatt is trying to pump the membership numbers for a sale. Fits with everything else they've done in changing from GP to WoH.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
If that is the case, then I anxiously await the super special deals we were getting right before they went public Lots of promos and lots of points. They even offered a good discount on gift cards a few times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.