Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guest of Honor in 2017?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
This is definitely a HUCA situation. Reservations agents are not well paid and have a high turnover.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 10:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by adlibitum
So certainly some confusion but apparently should still work for Jan/Feb 2017
The GP T&C expressly state it ends on December 30, 2016:

To participate in the Guest of Honor offer, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond members must call 800-400-2261 or the nearest global contact center through December 30, 2016 for award stays through December 30, 2016.
Confusion probably b/c Hyatt hasn't published rules for the rump period Dec. 31-Feb. 28.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Does Guest of Honor Work for P+C Stays?

The reason I ask is that I want to book my nephew and his wife at the Hyatt Regency Tokyo while I stay across the street at the Hilton. I would like them to have Diamond/Glob privileges, which I normally get for them when I stay at the same property. I prefer to use P+C because the Yen is so weak right now.

Last edited by zombietooth; Jan 2, 2017 at 1:00 pm
Old Jan 2, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by zombietooth
I would like them to have Diamond/Glob privileges, which I normally get for them when I stay at the same property. I prefer to use P+C because the Yen is so weak right now.
No only pure award stays.

And technically not available now even for that.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Kacee
No only pure award stays.

And technically not available now even for that.
^Thanks.

Well, if GOH doesn't come back on March 1st, I might have to bite the bullet and book my room at the HRT too, just so the kids can get the "Diamond treatment".
Old Jan 2, 2017, 3:00 pm

^Thanks.

Well, if GOH doesn't come back on March 1st, I might have to bite the bullet and book my room at the HRT too, just so the kids can get the "Diamond treatment".
It does return March 1.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
It does return March 1.
I thought that there was some doubt about that?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 4:18 pm

I thought that there was some doubt about that?
No there is not. It's in the published T&C for WoH.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
This is definitely a HUCA situation. Reservations agents are not well paid and have a high turnover.
Notwithstanding. Even new agents should be trained in the basics.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
So no Guest of Honor for 1 more month?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
Intriguing - about three months ago I booked a guest of honour rez for the second week of March.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Last year the GoH benefits were extended until the end of 2016, but I hadn't heard any updates until TPG stated that GoH will stay with Globalist members. Hyatt's new program starts in March 2017, which leaves a gap in January and February 2017. Any word on whether GoH benefits will be available for Diamonds at this time? My parents are going to Taipei in late Jan-early Feb and I would love to get them Diamond benefits at GH. FWIW, I won't qualify for Globalist in 2017.
I have a booking for my brother this weekend confirmed via Twitter that it is notated as Guest of Honor.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Make sure your brother knows what he should be getting. The people doing the check ins sometimes don't realize they should be extending diamond benefits. Happened to me. I gave my cousin a night and even contacted the hotel, since I had stayed there previously. There even was an additional notation in the file - all were missed by the check in clerk.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Make sure your brother knows what he should be getting. The people doing the check ins sometimes don't realize they should be extending diamond benefits. Happened to me. I gave my cousin a night and even contacted the hotel, since I had stayed their previously. There even was an additional notation in the file - all were missed by the check in clerk.
+1

This happened to my family member as well. Front desk and even managers had no idea about Guest of Honor so initially refused a room upgrade and free breakfast.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond; HHonors Dia; Langham Voyager; Marriot & SPG Gold; UA Gold; AA Plat
Since, effective March 1st under WOH, DSU's can now also be applied to award bookings, does this mean that:

*I can make an award booking & nominate a GOH and apply one of my DSU's to their stay? Or are DSU's for my exclusive use only, and not transferable?

Alternatively,

Since, effective March 1st under WOH, Diamonds (Globs) get theoretical "unlimited" suite upgrades:

*Does my GOH have the potential of a complementary suite upgrade on their stay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.