Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guest of Honor in 2017?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:51 pm

I have an existing reservation in Park Hyatt NY on points. Can a Globalist add his name to the reservation (later), to share the perks? Or can they just call in saying I am their GOH?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Originally Posted by vniceguy
I have an existing reservation in Park Hyatt NY on points. Can a Globalist add his name to the reservation (later), to share the perks? Or can they just call in saying I am their GOH?
The Globalist has to use his/her points to reserve for you.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 4:41 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Can a globalist make a multiple room reservation with the GOH benefits? Like if I needed for 2 rooms for some family members (I addition to my room) to also have the benefits?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:06 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Give it a try. I am not aware of any restrictions, as long as the points are from your account.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've done it for two at once - doesn't seem to be an issue.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 9:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
I read through thread and did not see..does GOH reservation include the parking for point stays?
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:07 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by thucanhho
I read through thread and did not see..does GOH reservation include the parking for point stays?
it should, yes, as parking is free on all award stays. Only caveat is, depending on the hotel, if parking is operated by Hyatt,,, in addition, for regular stays the parking must be able to be charged to the room, in order to qualify for free parking on award stays.
complicated I know....

check this thread, too
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...tays-list.html
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:48 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Free Night Award

Can we do "Guest of Honor" using Free Night Award or Promotional Free Night Award instead of points?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I don't think so, but it can't hurt to call and ask.

I discovered the free cat 1-4 awarded when reaching 30 nights can be gifted - but my status did not go along with the gift as it does with GoH
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Can we do "Guest of Honor" using Free Night Award or Promotional Free Night Award instead of points?
Just called the Globalist line and sure enough, you can use Free Night Awards from the Chase CC or Promotional Free Night Award (Category 1-7) in lieu of using points.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Hmmmm..... I thought those cc nights were not transferable. I just found out the earned free nights are. Perhaps this is a change no one noticed before.

Thanks for calling.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
It matters who you talk to.

I tried three times over three days to use a Free night award with GOH; three times I was pleasantly rebuffed. I did get the impression it was uncharted territory for the agents.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Hmmmm..... I thought those cc nights were not transferable. I just found out the earned free nights are. Perhaps this is a change no one noticed before.

Thanks for calling.
Originally Posted by serfty
It matters who you talk to.

I tried three times over three days to use a Free night award with GOH; three times I was pleasantly rebuffed. I did get the impression it was uncharted territory for the agents.
Spoke to 3 different agents and they all confirmed that both the CC and the globalist free nights can be used for a GoH redemption ... huge relief as I need my points to re-qualify on upcoming P+C reservations. Booked for my colleague a night at the HR HB for his birthday ... everyone is happy!
serfty likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 1:21 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Does anyone know if a Globalist Suite Upgrade can be applied to a Guest of Honor booking?

Thanks!
Old Dec 24, 2017, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by kevino
Does anyone know if a Globalist Suite Upgrade can be applied to a Guest of Honor booking?

Thanks!
I tried to do that for a res in Nov and was told no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.