Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guest of Honor in 2017?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I tried to do that for a res in Nov and was told no.
Thanks! So my next question is whether anyone on a Guest of Honor reservation has been successful in getting a suite ug at check-in, based on the sponsor's Globalist status? It should happen often, in theory, right?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
I tried to do that for a res in Nov and was told no.
Really stupid they won't do it. I tried too. But to change policy would need momentum from actual Globalists and that is unlikely as they will aim to change other things in WoH
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by kevino
Thanks! So my next question is whether anyone on a Guest of Honor reservation has been successful in getting a suite ug at check-in, based on the sponsor's Globalist status? It should happen often, in theory, right?

PH Vienna: I stayed there that same time as my GOH and used a TSU on my room. My GOH got the suite I was assigned and I got the Ambassador suite.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by thucanhho
PH Vienna: I stayed there that same time as my GOH and used a TSU on my room. My GOH got the suite I was assigned and I got the Ambassador suite.
Did the Guest of Honor upgrade happen organically, or did you have to persuade them for it?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by mstrbldr
Did the Guest of Honor upgrade happen organically, or did you have to persuade them for it?
I've had it happen both ways. I use this perk a good bit to book for family, and I've had hotels pre-block the GoH recipient directly into a suite (with an email of room change prior to arrival), and I've also had to hop on the phone with the front desk to make them honor it (which they only did after "checking with my manager). It's property dependent.

I've found it best to proactively call the property prior to the guest's arrival, verify that the GoH has been denoted on the reservation and verify perks will be honored (for suites, usually best to call day of -- usually at that point they'll go ahead a pre-block them).
Old Jan 21, 2018, 1:42 pm
formerly bdohmen

Programs: Still dealing with the loss of my BA Concorde Room Card
No credit for any spend?

I just got back from a GoH stay and the nights posted but no points for any of my spend while on the property, is that normal for a GoH booking?
Old Jan 27, 2018, 12:19 pm

A Globalist friend of mind is going to make a Guest of Honor booking for me. To be certain it's correct, my name should be primary guest listed on the reservation, yes? Any other items I can look for in the email confirm the be sure everything is squared away? Should his name appear anywhere on the reservation or confirm?
Old Jan 27, 2018, 12:38 pm
formerly bdohmen

Programs: Still dealing with the loss of my BA Concorde Room Card
When I had mine made it showed up in my stay list and the only way you could tell it was GoH was that it was mentioned in the rate description - otherwise it looked like any other stay I made for myself.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 6:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
As I understand the most recent program changes, a Guest of Honor reservation accrues a stay for the honorary guest. However, what if the guest is not a member of the program? Does the stay accrue to the giver?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by danger
As I understand the most recent program changes, a Guest of Honor reservation accrues a stay for the honorary guest. However, what if the guest is not a member of the program? Does the stay accrue to the giver?
Nope it goes nowhere. Just like if a someone who wasn't a WoH made a stay they booked themselves.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A guest must be a WoH member.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
A guest must be a WoH member.
Are you sure? I've definitely made GoH reservations for non members. Maybe agent allowed it when they shouldn't have.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold
Are you sure? I've definitely made GoH reservations for non members. Maybe agent allowed it when they shouldn't have.
i just booked a room earlier today for my wife as a GOH and she doesn’t have an account
Old Feb 12, 2018, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Chukiechz

i just booked a room earlier today for my wife as a GOH and she doesn’t have an account
News to me, but it would make life a little easier, that's for sure.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 12:04 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Does anyone have any recent experiences about booking with points for a guest of honor and using a confirmed suite upgrade? I'm globalist this year, but I got it the promo way. My dad got it the hard way, and he has extra suite upgrade nights. If he can just book in my name and apply an upgrade, we'd be golden. I could just transfer him the points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.