Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guest of Honor in 2017?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by creativeguess1
Has anyone had any GOOD experiences using Guest of Honor? I have only sent friends once to Cabo using it and the Property had no clue. It turned into a "thing" which I guess eventually got worked out. I'm sending my Parents to Cancun for 7 nights using GoH next Feb fro their 50th Wedding Anniversary. Part of my thought process was "just pay for exactly what you want them to have". Room type etc. But now I am lured in by the great value of the points/dollar. Anytone have recent experiences GoH on Mexico?

thanks!
90%+ of my GoH experiences have been very positive. Upgrades to top tier suites a few times, cool welcome amenties for anniversary, etc. Again though, I always take the time to call / email and advocate on their behalf. The few negative experiences are all from times I didn't do this.

No experience in Mexico though.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Can there even be a "wrong" number in the reservation that belongs to a different customer?

I'd imagine that results in a mismatch same as when you try to attach your FFN to another persons flight reservation.

On the Hyatt website it doesn't work either.
Generally I'd agree with you that a mismatch would get caught, but from what I can tell, the Guest of Honor booking is a very manual process for agents.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold
90%+ of my GoH experiences have been very positive. Upgrades to top tier suites a few times, cool welcome amenties for anniversary, etc. Again though, I always take the time to call / email and advocate on their behalf. The few negative experiences are all from times I didn't do this.
Makes perfect sense, and will make a note to follow suit for my next GOH reservation.

PS - not sure how you guys do it, but I call Hyatt CSR directly to make the GOH reservation, where they ask for the guests name and hyatt number, if they have one. Never occurred to me to use my concierge.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by Visconti
Makes perfect sense, and will make a note to follow suit for my next GOH reservation.

PS - not sure how you guys do it, but I call Hyatt CSR directly to make the GOH reservation, where they ask for the guests name and hyatt number, if they have one. Never occurred to me to use my concierge.
The most streamlined way (suggested by my concierge) is to make a points booking for yourself on website/app and the shoot a quick email to your concierge to flip it over to a GoH booking. Gets the room on hold quick, but you don’t have to wait on the phone while they do all the GoH stuff.
Visconti and atlion25 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.