FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guest of Honor in 2017?
View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:51 am
zombietooth

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Um, it's not a horror to inform them who will be using the room. To the contrary, I wanted to inform them who would be using in the room. That way, if that person showed up before me, they could check in. The nonsense -- to my mind -- was that Hyatt seemed fine with me having two rooms in my name, provided I showed up first and/or we showed up at the same time. In the event, the second set of guests would remain nameless. Will remain nameless, because when I balked at providing a WoH number for them -- not out of principle, but because I don't know theirs any more than I know yours -- the Hyatt rep was cool with the idea of just leaving the double reservation in my name.

I will try again and hope I get someone more reasonable, as some of the rest of you have. But, c'mon RTW1, think about it. The rest of us are not being fussy here. WoH may have concocted a rule that makes no sense given all of their other rules and the supposed intent of a program that has the word "guest" in it.

The phone agents literally have no idea what they are doing. The information that they were giving me in a situation similar to yours leaves me with zero confidence.

Originally Posted by kevino
Yes, it would say it in the "Preferences:" part of the reservation confirmation e-mail.
My GOH reservation shows no indication in "Preferences" or anywhere else that it is a GOH stay.