Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:35 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
After a lot of thought, I'm done. Given where I have to travel for work, I don't have a lot of Hyatt options and thus really have to stretch to even do 25 stays. I can't to 60 nights without really going out of my way. I've been SPG Platinum concurrently with Hyatt Diamond - even if I dropped SPG it would still be incredibly difficult to maintain Hyatt due to their smaller footprint. My stays will go back to SPG, and where SPG isn't an option a Marriott. I'll probably go back to Hilton who I left for Hyatt many years ago as my backup chain - it's easy to maintain Gold or Diamond via credit cards there.

2017 will be my Hyatt farewell tour. I'm going to spend it burning my DSU's at some of my favorite hotels. I'll enjoy staying at some resorts and the waived resort fees - I normally won't support such properties with revenue stays as a matter of principle. There are a few properties that I do truly love and will return to in 2018 - Andaz Tokyo being an example - but will just book via FHR or Virtuoso to get the breakfast/upgrade/late checkout benefits that I most value.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by canyonleo
My favorite now is (and most my Maui trips have me mixing point Andaz stays with) VRBO. I love Makena Surf, and since I don't have to have "the hotel experience" I'm fine with VRBO, and I actually like Makena as much or more than Wailea, and there are Makena Surf units that are fantastic (remodeled) and their beach and reef is tops. For anyone that will consider a high rise (I typically don't) Polo Beach Club might be a VRBO option.

For someone that must have a hotel option (restaurants, services, pools with services, etc.) there really isn't a great alternative... in Wailea the Marriott is a dump (and tons of construction) and Four Seasons and Fairmont and Grand Wailea are really apples and oranges vs. Andaz and quite large properties. In Kaanapali it's all large properties (Marriott, Westin, Sheraton) that aren't as nice and HR which is off my list or RC in Kapalua which also is apples to oranges (and not on the beach).

Andaz really is unique jewel on Maui (for the not rich enough to vacation at RC or FS crowd), but it's Hyatt, and I'm probably leaving due to the changes (as I would be a low level Diamond thus not making Glob so with little earning opportunity at WoH why dedicate to Hyatt... I'm a free agent I guess).
I never noticed the abbreviation before reading your post, but what business would want to refer to one of its best customers as a glob? It's offensive and insulting.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
An amusing read.
It reads like a press release... the only interesting facts are the number of matchrs, the rest is just fluff and whishfull thinking.

But wow, everyone can now join :-).
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by edgewood49
wow things people will do for a free lunch
pretty much the point of most of Flyertalk, no?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 11:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by RTW1
It reads like a press release... the only interesting facts are the number of matchrs, the rest is just fluff and whishfull thinking.

But wow, everyone can now join :-).
Just be thankful you'll get a few bread crumbs instead of a gold star for staying 60 nights.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by footastic

My experience with airlines has actually improved with revenue based requirements. While annoying on paper I see better recognition and I guess that makes good business sense.
+1
I have to agree with you.

Initially, I thought that when UA went to a revenue-based system that it would adversely impact me. However, I have been pleasantly surprised by the better treatment that I have been receiving as a 1K. And my RDM earning rate is actually about the same under the new system.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 8:16 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
An amusing read.
Well sounds like "paid for" article. I can not find anything in there that makes sense. First they state the growth over the past four years however no references to Hyatt's status match program doing the time period all the majors were in "knee jerk" mode.

We will all know by end of year 2017. Certainly six months end there should be a trending number.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
A little confused here and can't go through all previous posts. If after April I am a Globalist and I reserve two rooms under my name:
1) Do all occupants (4 people) get Club access?
2) Do all occupants get breakfast at properties with no Club? I have read that only two people get breakfast, but is that two per room?

Thanks
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I never noticed the abbreviation before reading your post, but what business would want to refer to one of its best customers as a glob? It's offensive and insulting.
Ah, kind of why this thread has 1945 posts as of my last reading! (well one of the reasons)
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:47 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
An amusing read.
It says:

We expect Hyatt's owned and leased hotel occupancy to increase by more than 200 basis points in 2017 as its existing Gold Passport customers can start availing World of Hyatt benefits from January 1st, 2017. This program has the potential to add about 30,000 to 40,000 new customers, as this program offers some unique features across the industry. Moreover, Hyatt is likely to spend more on this promotion than what it spent on Hyatt's previous promotion on Hyatt Gold passport, which was able to get more than 30,000 new matches. Although this is likely to result in less than 1% revenue increase in 2017, we believe that this will be critical in attracting new customers and converting them into loyal customers.
I thought the new benefits will start on March 1st, 2017???
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:48 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
A little confused here and can't go through all previous posts. If after April I am a Globalist and I reserve two rooms under my name:
1) Do all occupants (4 people) get Club access?
2) Do all occupants get breakfast at properties with no Club? I have read that only two people get breakfast, but is that two per room?

Thanks
All get access like now or you can do guest of honor if you want to pay with points for their room.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 11:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kalboz
All get access like now or you can do guest of honor if you want to pay with points for their room.
They don't officially get access now for that second room.... and chances will be even less, this benefit has been amended for a reason.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
It says:

Yes. One of the many things that is wrong in the "article" and thus shows how much the authors really know about HGP, WoH, the transition and the likely impact.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 12:29 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
It says:

If I am reading this correct members will be "cashing in" their points for rooms sooner than later.

On the second point I for the life of me can not see that kind of increase their are referring too and doubt that Jeff et al does either.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:42 pm

My New Hyatt Gold Passport Card...Just in time for Hyatt World

Um, why did I receive a new Diamond Gold Passport card in the mail when everything is switching to Hyatt World?

Did I miss something along the way?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.