Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by canyonleo
The website doesn't show, right? I mean, in account activity I only have patience to click on view more transactions so many times (old website used to just click to see all past activity, then one could look at only base points).

If the measurement is 1MM base points, last I looked about a year ago I think I was at like 800k+, something like 80%+ or what's required if I remember right (and in this year I haven't traveled to expensive Asia or PH locations, and become a more heavy HR and HH/HP mix customer), so I'd say not close enough to have that influence my decision?
Apparently you have to opt in to the monthly email statements to get the balance.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...nd-status.html
Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Apparently you have to opt in to the monthly email statements to get the balance.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...nd-status.html
I've already done that... but I don't have any statements on hand, and I'm not aware of how one can see that data without waiting for a next statement to arrive.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
I've already done that... but I don't have any statements on hand, and I'm not aware of how one can see that data without waiting for a next statement to arrive.
I re-opted-in for the newsletter and my first one arrived via email Nov 21st. If you're opted-in and not receiving it, I believe if you call GP customer service they can give you the number over the phone. If you have a Diamond Concierge, s/he can also give you the number.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by CopperSteve
I re-opted-in for the newsletter and my first one arrived via email Nov 21st. If you're opted-in and not receiving it, I believe if you call GP customer service they can give you the number over the phone. If you have a Diamond Concierge, s/he can also give you the number.
I opted in many months ago. I receive the newsletter monthly. I don't have the recent one (it was tossed the day it arrived, after I read it). Thus, with the information not available on the website, I can't answer the question as to my lifetime balance, other than to say that it's around 80%+ of the requirement, not IMO every within reach (given my travel expectation for the rest of my work life), and thus not a variable in the decision to dump Hyatt (thanks WoH) and move to (maybe) SPG(Marriott).
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I opted in many months ago. I receive the newsletter monthly. I don't have the recent one (it was tossed the day it arrived, after I read it). Thus, with the information not available on the website, I can't answer the question as to my lifetime balance, other than to say that it's around 80%+ of the requirement, not IMO every within reach (given my travel expectation for the rest of my work life), and thus not a variable in the decision to dump Hyatt (thanks WoH) and move to (maybe) SPG(Marriott).
Well, you could contact Hyatt GP customer support. I just did that an hour ago, via their website, and got the result very quickly.

"I would like to inform that currently you have 2,53,784 Lifetime base points in your Gold Passport account"

Quite far from the cool million.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 7:11 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
There are easier ways to Gold on Marriott via credit card - $10K spend on the Ritz card ($75K for Platinum)
Yes. Amex Platinum is good toward Marriott Gold status regardless of amount spent on the card. Given authorized user cards, it's easy to get three people Marriott Gold for under $250/person. Courtesy of linking SPG to Marriott.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
What do we think the chances are of Hyatt realizing in the next couple of months that they completely botched this and announcing "hey, just kidding, let's go back to HGP"? Near zero? Or might it happen in 2018 after most of the migrated Globalists refuse to requalify?
Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
The problem here is that it is going to take them a while to figure out what is happening.

Like you, I'm a reasonably economical Diamond, although I do give them money and doubt that I am a problem to them (in the same way that I seem to be to AA as a <strike>penny-pinching</strike> rules- and price-savvy Executive Platinum). I won't make it to Globalist in 2017 for 2018, but I am a Diamond now and don't want to cut off my nose to spite my face, so I am booking plenty of Hyatts for 2017 to use the current benefits.

From Hyatt's perspective, don't I seem like someone who will be satisfied in 2018 forward by Experientialist (or whatever) benefits? Anyone who cooked up a system where folks who liked your brand and were in hotels 75+ nights a year but still couldn't make 60 nights with you even if they wanted to is the kind of a person who could drift for a year-plus imagining ambiguous evidence were in support of their illusion, not reality.

The reality is is that if there is a 2018, then without the Diamond benefits, I won't much stay in Hyatts.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 9:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
What do we think the chances are of Hyatt realizing in the next couple of months that they completely botched this and announcing "hey, just kidding, let's go back to HGP"? Near zero? Or might it happen in 2018 after most of the migrated Globalists refuse to requalify?

Id say as good as DL,AA,UA,VX , JB ditching a rev based RDM program and going back to miles flown = RDMs = its not gonna happen, if anything Hyatt will end up ahead by all of the frugals and 25 Stayers leaving

Now if we end up with a Global economy like it was back in '08 then anything can happen,but barring an economy going down the drain Hyatt will end up gaining by doing what it is and we will be the losers
Old Dec 2, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
The problem here is that it is going to take them a while to figure out what is happening.
I agree with that. Not because the evidence isn't out there easy to figure out, but World of Hyatt-jacking has changed into some sort of lifestyle brand instead of a Hotel points program. That ridiculous AMA was so poorly handled, nobody at the corporate office has so much as glanced at the internet since
Old Dec 2, 2016, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would actually think that the HP/HH bookings should be down substantially for 2017. There are effectively no benefits there for Diamonds now, and the prices are generally higher.

So I'm keeping my high-end Hyatt stays, but dumping all of my cheap ones for even cheaper hotels. Frankly, I like Aloft much better. So I'll go back to those. Four Points? Harder call. But since I have no chance of elite status with Hyatt for 2018, I might as well move those over to SPG on the off chance.

If anyone should be screaming foul, it should be the HH/HP owners and operators.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 11:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by josephstern
I would actually think that the HP/HH bookings should be down substantially for 2017. There are effectively no benefits there for Diamonds now, and the prices are generally higher.

So I'm keeping my high-end Hyatt stays, but dumping all of my cheap ones for even cheaper hotels. Frankly, I like Aloft much better. So I'll go back to those. Four Points? Harder call. But since I have no chance of elite status with Hyatt for 2018, I might as well move those over to SPG on the off chance.

If anyone should be screaming foul, it should be the HH/HP owners and operators.
It would have been so easy to include HP in the suite upgrade at check in benefit since increasingly the newer HPs do have some suites. For HH, I can understand not offering the benefit of an upgrade for extended stays, but there's no problem if it's limited to short reservations.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by josephstern
I'm thinking they are the ones who demanded the change in the first place. All those suites and extra charges going to guests for free must have been a big detractor. So now the solution that Hyatt has rolled out might be akin to treating a broken ankle with amputation. They've killed the mid-level executive traveler who used to show up 15-35 times a year.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 2:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; Hilton Gold; Marriott Ambassador; Delta PM; United Silver; Global Entry
Originally Posted by The smallest state
I'm thinking they are the ones who demanded the change in the first place. All those suites and extra charges going to guests for free must have been a big detractor. So now the solution that Hyatt has rolled out might be akin to treating a broken ankle with amputation. They've killed the mid-level executive traveler who used to show up 15-35 times a year.
Help me understand what you mean here. Suite upgrades are not a HH or HP guaranteed benefit. The only reason that I have ever stayed in either is it was the most convenient Hyatt (definitely not the most convenient hotel).
Old Dec 2, 2016, 2:58 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Two "worlds of Hyatt"

I have been traveling this past two weeks through Europe and into the Mid East and have spoken with a number of staff of various Hyatt staff at the RC level and they are all confused as well about the new "system" None expressed privately happiness over it.

On another note as to staying Hyatt or changing "flags " There is differently TWO Hyatt hotels. One is the US version we for the most part are use to and there's the international version of Hyatt where you get real professional service and when you have status it means something. But then you don't see too much whining at the check in counter for upgrades. The staffs and RC clubs are truly grand and real service not just the dried whatever for breakfast and snacks or whatever they can get away with.

Frankly if the US version was better I would stay the course and devote those 55/60 nights but frankly as a Lifetime Marriott I am treated better.

Just a thought from two weeks "Hyatting" around the world

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.