Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2016, 1:08 pm

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Getting quiet here. Has traffic picked up in the SPG and Marriott forums ? About time to check out hotel reviews over there.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 1:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
The Hyatt Forum started getting quite a few years ago... now it's really really quite.

Originally Posted by banzani
Getting quiet here. Has traffic picked up in the SPG and Marriott forums ? About time to check out hotel reviews over there.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by banzani
quiet is good after the thrashing of late
Old Nov 26, 2016, 2:08 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Next batch of questions

1. Scenario - you will requalify for diamond with 50 nights Jan – Feb 2017. So that make me globalist through end of Feb 2019. My question is, that will bring me to globalist, but will I still get the free cat 1-4 explorist certificate since I will have met the 30 nights? That part is confusing to me. Thanks.

2. What difference will there be in the benefits if one is Lifetime before March 1st or after March 1st ?

3. AFAIK, the T&Cs imply, but don't specifically call out, that 4 DSU/GSUs will be awarded when someone re-qualifies for Globalist tier at a 55 night minimum stay. However, the Tiers and Benefits page has a table ("More Rewards Await") that specifically says 60 nights, as do the FAQs. On the same page, the tier comparison does not list 4 GSUs as a tier benefit, thus further implying they are granted only upon reaching the 60 night milestone.

The More Rewards Await table makes more sense if everything listed, including 4 suite upgrades, are decoupled from tiers and require specific night/spend/other qualifications. This appears to be where Hyatt is going; fewer guaranteed benefits tied to a tier designation, but instead moving benefits so as to be tied to qualification milestones.

Thus, 55 nights for Globalist may not be enough if 4 GSUs are what you're counting on.

4. If a current 2016 Diamond will transition to be a 2017 Globalist, and completes 5-9 stays (but less than 10 nights) in Jan-Feb 2017 -- thus earning Platinum -- what will be their tier starting March 2018 (assuming no further stays)? Discoverist or Explorist?

This last question covers what happens if any current Diamond does the minimum to qualify for Platinum, before the transition. What would their tier be at the next renewal after transition? The question has been answered if they requalify as Diamond during Jan-Feb 2017, but what if they only can do Platinum during that period, and not enough the rest of the year to reach a new WoH level?

Last edited by Markie; Nov 28, 2016 at 6:17 am
Old Nov 27, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Today I received an e-mail from Marriott, wishing me "Happy 7th anniversary".
Next year, I'll be celebrating 30 years of HGP.
wonder what type of congratulation I'll get for this milestone... besides the WOH.... maybe a LT Globalist (still short a couple of points)?
Have been with HGP for 32 years. Received no recognition letter or gift.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 3:36 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by suite2suite
Have been with HGP for 32 years. Received no recognition letter or gift.
33 here
Old Nov 27, 2016, 3:40 pm

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
I did some research on the new program details but I do have a few questions... can someone deep in knowledge help... BTW, I am a Diamond at this moment and already qualify for Diamond until 2/28/2018.

1. It seems that # of stay no longer count, only # of nights count? I hope I am not reading wrong...

2. I am also the holder of the Hyatt credit card... I read that we only get the explorist level. Someone has insights on it...

3. If I achieve Diamond again in 2017 before 3/1, how things work then?

Thank you!
Old Nov 27, 2016, 4:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Tommys888
I did some research on the new program details but I do have a few questions... can someone deep in knowledge help... BTW, I am a Diamond at this moment and already qualify for Diamond until 2/28/2018.

1. It seems that # of stay no longer count, only # of nights count? I hope I am not reading wrong...

2. I am also the holder of the Hyatt credit card... I read that we only get the explorist level. Someone has insights on it...

Thank you!
You read it right. You will need 60 'nights' in 2017 to reach Globalist level for 2018.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 6:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
A local sales manager from Hyatt reached out to me last week...

I held off on a reply... even though I would qualify for Globalist I needed to think about this.

I replied tonight and said, I'm not happy with the way Hyatt has handled the change with Gold Passport and find it hard on moving forward on doing business with Hyatt.

He wanted to come to my office and speak with everyone who plans events.

I said, at this point I'm placing all business with Hyatt on hold. Until further notice no one in my group will do business with Hyatt. Please forward this message to Jeff Zidell and Chicago. My 3 departments at one of the largest employers in Silicon Valley will not be doing business with Hyatt.

We are talking about a loss in revenue is the high 6 digits, close to 7 digits.

NOTE: Silicon Valley is on the verge of a slow down... Hyatt will miss that revenue.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 8:09 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
A local sales manager from Hyatt reached out to me last week...

-[snip]-
Radiant Flyer, I shortened the quote since my response is directly below yours but will ask questions ref your entire post.

1) Is it usual for a sales manager to reach out to you? ... just wondering if this is normal practice or abnormal...

2) With the amount of revenue, it sounds like you're a smallish fish? Not a minnow but not a trophy marlin and definitely not a whale. (No offense intended; I'm an individual minnow without any business attachment).
Is that a 'safe' portrayal of your business volume?

3) Why do you think Silicon Valley is slowing down? (I'm asking for investment purposes; perhaps time to adjust my portfolio)

4) Do you book nation/worldwide or mainly in Silicon Valley?

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 27, 2016, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
Radiant Flyer, I shortened the quote since my response is directly below yours but will ask questions ref your entire post.

1) Is it usual for a sales manager to reach out to you? ... just wondering if this is normal practice or abnormal...

2) With the amount of revenue, it sounds like you're a smallish fish? Not a minnow but not a trophy marlin and definitely not a whale. (No offense intended; I'm an individual minnow without any business attachment).
Is that a 'safe' portrayal of your business volume?

3) Why do you think Silicon Valley is slowing down? (I'm asking for investment purposes; perhaps time to adjust my portfolio)

4) Do you book nation/worldwide or mainly in Silicon Valley?

Thanks in advance
I will only comment on #2. Our company is based in the New Orleans area, and we have our global sales meeting at one of the hotels dowtown. We take over the entire hotel for 5 days including all banquet space, etc. I believe there are ~600 people, and it generates around $1MM in revenue for the hotel. We considered leaving to go to a larger venue, and they bent over backwards to keep our business...so, I would say high 6 figures, to low 7's for an individual hotel is a big deal!
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by Tommys888

2. = Correct. Per WoH T&Cs, having an active Hyatt CC gets you Discoverist. A US$50K spend or more is needed per calendar year, to get Explorist, which is the highest tier you can get with the CC. Note, also per T&Cs, that CC points are counted as "bonus" points, not base points, so they will not count towards tier or lifetime status.

3. = Per various threads and sources, your Globalist title will be extended another transition year until March 2019. HOWEVER...you will not receive another set of 4 suite upgrades in 2018. It is also unclear what other "benefits" you may or may not receive in 2018, as a Globalist-lite. Although it seems pretty certain you'll still get a free bottle of water, daily. AFAIK, everyone must complete 60 nights or 100K base pts. once WoH launches, in order to receive full/all Globalist benefits and rewards going forward; no getting around it.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 3:53 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
I felt they change t&c everytime when something is unclear or will not be benificial to them.

p.s. Sorry for my poor english.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 7:46 am

It's ridiculous that they dare to say bottled water is elite benefit, how about daily tea bags, unlimited supply of tap water, free flow of electricity, free satellite TV channels, all-you-can-breathe air, air conditioner and etc. Shameless. LOL
Old Nov 28, 2016, 8:04 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by bsdstone
I will only comment on #2. Our company is based in the New Orleans area, and we have our global sales meeting at one of the hotels dowtown. We take over the entire hotel for 5 days including all banquet space, etc. I believe there are ~600 people, and it generates around $1MM in revenue for the hotel. We considered leaving to go to a larger venue, and they bent over backwards to keep our business...so, I would say high 6 figures, to low 7's for an individual hotel is a big deal!
Yes, I can see that being a large amount for a single event; I was under the impression that Radiant Flyer was talking about annual (multiple) expenditures vs single event.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.