Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2018, 4:54 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
It's become a lot more frequent since they upped qualification requirements and 'enhanced' from Gold Passport to WOH.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Atlanta Hotels with Kitchens

Hi,

I have been staying in Atlanta, GA frequently with Marriott and am thinking about switching to Hyatt due to SPG-merger-related issues like stays not posting and 30+ minute hold times on the Platinum line.

I don’t know much about the different Hyatt brands. I mostly value the ability to cook for myself over traditional full-service amenities like lounges and room service. In Atlanta, I enjoy the more modern Residence Inns and also have enjoyed the Autograph Collection “Twelve” hotels in which all rooms have full kitchens including ovens.

Are there any Hyatt hotels in Atlanta I should take a look at?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by getagb
Hi,

I have been staying in Atlanta, GA frequently with Marriott and am thinking about switching to Hyatt due to SPG-merger-related issues like stays not posting and 30+ minute hold times on the Platinum line.

I don’t know much about the different Hyatt brands. I mostly value the ability to cook for myself over traditional full-service amenities like lounges and room service. In Atlanta, I enjoy the more modern Residence Inns and also have enjoyed the Autograph Collection “Twelve” hotels in which all rooms have full kitchens including ovens.

Are there any Hyatt hotels in Atlanta I should take a look at?
You're closest match is probably the Hyatt House brand. Usually studios and suites have a full kitchen. However, I haven't stayed in one that had an oven. They usually have a microwave and electric stove top, along with a dishwasher. There are two Hyatt Houses in Atlanta it appears
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I didn't see it on the Hyatt prive list but thought I'd check in any case. Is the Hyatt regency in Cartagena Colombia part of the prive program?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:53 pm

I'm planning a 2 night stay at Hyatt in New Orleans for my birthday in November. I booked hotel using UR points transfer to Hyatt. I do not have any Hyatt status (only travel couple times per year- for leisure, not for business). Is there any advantage to getting the Hyatt credit card? My initial thoughts are that its not worth it since I travel so infrequently and can use points from UR to book awards. What are your thoughts?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:55 pm

Recently stayed at my first Hyatt (Royal Palms) and I am confused about my points earning. They only gave me 5 base points per dollar on the room rate (before taxes and fees). However, I also dined at the property and charged the bill to my room. I thought that I would also receive points for dining as well. Is this not true? I also see a "Redemption Eligible" amount right underneath the "Eligible Spend" line on my folio. What is this for?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: SQ, UA, BA, SW Companion Pass, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I have an upcoming stay at the Grand Hyatt San Antonio on the 14th and 15th. I had an unfortunate conflict of events arise and will need to leave the morning of the 15th now. These will be my 54th and 55th nights to re-qualify for Globalist. I paid the member advance purchase rate and can't change the reservation. Can I leave the keys in my room on Saturday and use the app to check out on Sunday?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:42 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by GettinJiggy
I have an upcoming stay at the Grand Hyatt San Antonio on the 14th and 15th. I had an unfortunate conflict of events arise and will need to leave the morning of the 15th now. These will be my 54th and 55th nights to re-qualify for Globalist. I paid the member advance purchase rate and can't change the reservation. Can I leave the keys in my room on Saturday and use the app to check out on Sunday?
just to be sure, you are booked from Friday to Sunday and need to leave Saturday, a day early, right?
if so, and you check-in personally on Friday, then yes, leave the keys in the room and use the app to check out on Sunday morning.
that will count as a qualifying night.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: SQ, UA, BA, SW Companion Pass, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala
just to be sure, you are booked from Friday to Sunday and need to leave Saturday, a day early, right?
if so, and you check-in personally on Friday, then yes, leave the keys in the room and use the app to check out on Sunday morning.
that will count as a qualifying night.
Your assumptions are correct. I will be checking in Friday, planned to check out Sunday, but need to leave on Saturday. Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:08 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by cheme24
Recently stayed at my first Hyatt (Royal Palms) and I am confused about my points earning. They only gave me 5 base points per dollar on the room rate (before taxes and fees). However, I also dined at the property and charged the bill to my room. I thought that I would also receive points for dining as well. Is this not true? I also see a "Redemption Eligible" amount right underneath the "Eligible Spend" line on my folio. What is this for?
correct - if you dined at the hotel and charged to your room, that should also count 5 points/$. I suggest contacting hyatt customer service about this.
I'm confused with the Redemption Eligible and Eligible Spend, too...
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:42 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala
I'm confused with the Redemption Eligible and Eligible Spend, too...
As I understand it …

Eligible Spend is the basis for earning points. It includes your room rate (but not necessarily taxes or fees) and spend for food and maybe other items charged to your room (excluding taxes, tip, and usually alcohol). If the Eligible Spend doesn't include hotel restaurant charges, you should try to address it before or when checking out. There are some exceptions for non-hotel owned restaurants buried in the T&Cs, but those are rare in my experience. Sometimes the hotel staff are unable to adjust the spend, though. For example, when I book using my corporate rate, it always posts as a "package rate" and the Eligible Spend is about $1.50 less than the rate I paid. I used to ignore the missing 7 or 8 base points, but now that I'm getting close to Lifetime, every point matters. A quick call usually gets the missing points added.

Redemption Eligible is incidental charges - the FAQs refer to food, spa, and salon, for example - that a guest may choice to pay with points instead of $$ (pick your favorite currency).
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by skj
As I understand it …

Eligible Spend is the basis for earning points. It includes your room rate (but not necessarily taxes or fees) and spend for food and maybe other items charged to your room (excluding taxes, tip, and usually alcohol).

On the contrary, my understanding is there are a limited areas which this is true but most locales include alcohol as allowable incidental spend for point earning purposes.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had something similar recently; F&B on an award. My eligible spend = 0.00 whilie the redemption eligible lists the pretax F&B spend. Initially I received no points but in calling in that was corrected and I did receive points.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Always check this site to see if dining and spa should count:
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...iningspadining

It looks to me that at Royal Palms (Pheonix Arizona), that dining should count, so I would follow up.

Redemption eligible amounts are charges that you can USE pts to pay for instead of cash (at a really bad redemption rate, never recommended).

Originally Posted by dsquared37
On the contrary, my understanding is there are a limited areas which this is true but most locales include alcohol as allowable incidental spend for point earning purposes.
In the US, I have come across very few properties where alcohol counts for earning pts. Maybe this is something we should build a wiki for?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MarkOK

In the US, I have come across very few properties where alcohol counts for earning pts. Maybe this is something we should build a wiki for?
In this SPG thread there are four states, CA, HI, MA, OR that don't allow points for alcohol purchases. Beyond that there shouldn't be a problem. It's a state law situation, not a hotel T&C exclusion as I understand it.

No SPG points on alcohol in California, Hawaii, Massachusetts or Oregon (updated)
beltway likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.