Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:12 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by mclachlan4321
Ive just made a reservation on a MEMBER RATE ADVANCE PURCHASE, which does not allow cancellation. is there any "cooling off" period during which you can cancel or make amendments?

I only want to add on lounge access, thats all.
I'd say adding a lounge access should not be a problem at all, simply call customer service.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:12 am
Formerly known as joannerose66

Programs: Gold BA Exec, Hyatt Globalist
Is there an easy way for finding the nightly rate charges by month for Hyatt hotels? I saw you could do this for Ziva and Zilara hotel and was wondering if it was possible to search like this for all Hyatt hotels? I'm trying to book a vacation and am flexible on dates and trying to find an easy method for finding the cheapest nights to stay.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: HYATT Globalist Alaska 100k
Anyone has any experience in this?
You have two night stay consisting of two separate reservations with Prive and Virtuoso.
Or even, one night of either Prive or Virtuoso and a second night with member/AAA rate.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:00 pm

Hyatt Club Access

First time post..
Booked my Hyatt reservation through Amex Platinum because they told me that they would get club access. WELL... they could not! Now I feel that I am stuck with this reservation and no club access. This Hyatt is a Fine Resort Hyatt that should come with many upgrades for Platinum members. ALL I want is club access. The hotel told Amex that they would grant access, but do not have any club rooms left. UGH! I don't want club rooms, I just want access. ANY suggestions?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:08 pm

Hyatt Club Access

First time post..
Booked my Hyatt reservation through Amex Platinum because they told me that they would get club access. WELL... they could not! Now I feel that I am stuck with this reservation and no club access. This Hyatt is a Fine Resort Hyatt that should come with many upgrades for Platinum members. ALL I want is club access. The hotel told Amex that they would grant access, but do not have any club rooms left. UGH! I don't want club rooms, I just want access. ANY suggestions?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:07 pm

Explorist Upgrade on Points Stay?

If I book a points stay at an Andaz, does the Explorist upgrade benefit apply (best non-suite room available at the time of check-in )? I couldn't find any exclusions in the terms for points/award stays. A link to an official Hyatt statement/policy if available would be appreciated.

(c) Best Room Available: Explorists will be offered the best room available at the time of check-in at Hyatt hotels and resorts, excluding suites and Club lounge-access rooms.

Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: Southwest, National, Enterprise, Hertz, United, American
Booked a room at PHNY using points and subsequently transferred reservation to my wife's name over the phone. The reservation is definitely still active, but the points were refunded to my account at the switch. Anybody notice this in the past? Should I just expect the points will come out eventually or is this going to cause a problem at check-in?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Alexsth2011
Anyone has any experience in this?
You have two night stay consisting of two separate reservations with Prive and Virtuoso.
Or even, one night of either Prive or Virtuoso and a second night with member/AAA rate.
I've tacked onto a Prive reservation with either a points night or member rate. In theory, sold out situations might force you to have to switch rooms if your upgrade on one wasn't available for the other. For Prive and Virtuoso, I'm not sure I'd expect a second property credit as those are strictly defined as per stay and you're creating 1 stay from 2 reservations. Haven't seen a DP on that either way.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by WantOnlinePoker
I've tacked onto a Prive reservation with either a points night or member rate. In theory, sold out situations might force you to have to switch rooms if your upgrade on one wasn't available for the other. For Prive and Virtuoso, I'm not sure I'd expect a second property credit as those are strictly defined as per stay and you're creating 1 stay from 2 reservations. Haven't seen a DP on that either way.
I see. Thanks for the reply and putting emphasis on "per stay". It actually says everything.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by amberailene
If I book a points stay at an Andaz, does the Explorist upgrade benefit apply (best non-suite room available at the time of check-in )? I couldn't find any exclusions in the terms for points/award stays. A link to an official Hyatt statement/policy if available would be appreciated.
(c) Best Room Available: Explorists will be offered the best room available at the time of check-in at Hyatt hotels and resorts, excluding suites and Club lounge-access rooms.

Thanks!
Yes, but don't bank a significant upgrade. I recommend going to the review thread for the specific Andaz you're looking at to see what kind of upgrades people have gotten before. Certain Andaz's are stingier than others.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by 2kidtraveler
First time post..
Could you clarify if you booked via just the regular AmEx travel site, or if you specifically booked a FHR rate? Has your stay occurred yet? Can you provide more details on "who" specifically told you that you could get Club Access?

Club Access is a specific room rate where you get a room that has access to the club. With FHR, if you book a standard room (with no Club Access), you'd have to be upgraded to a room with Club Access in order to get access to the club. FHR rates have a good upgrade rate, but as with all upgrades, depends on availability.

If you have a FHR rate, you get breakfast included and some sort of property credit (whether spa, F&B, etc). It's not day long access at a club, but perhaps you can make the credits work for you. You can also ask to speak to the manager and state your case politely that you only wanted access to the club, and not necessarily a club room, but it is up to the discretion of management.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt
Qualifying Night Stay

Hey first time post here!
Question, does using your bonus points to book a room count as a qualifying night stay? I.e. If I book a room for three nights using my points does that count as 3 qualifying night stays towards elite status? Or do qualifying night stays only count only if you pay with your cash/card. Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:39 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by ronzoplz
Question, does using your bonus points to book a room count as a qualifying night stay? I.e. If I book a room for three nights using my points does that count as 3 qualifying night stays towards elite status? Or do qualifying night stays only count only if you pay with your cash/card. Thanks in advance!
yes, free nights via points/awards count towards status! ^
ronzoplz likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by ronzoplz
Yes. award nights all count towards status. Used to be only cash or points+cash but WOH eased it.
ronzoplz likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
What are the differences between Hyatt and Hyatt Regency? To be honest, I didn't even realise that there were hotels that were just called 'Hyatt' until I saw one in a search. But it is 2 km away from a Hyatt Regency, so was wondering if they like to use it where there is already a Regency or something. Do they have different brand standards? Cheers. :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.