Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:26 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Hockeymom2219
Newbie Globalist Question--

I need to reserve 2 rooms with points. Should I book the 2 rooms under my name or do a Guest of Honor Booking for the 2nd room? Is one way more advantageous? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
I don't think that makes a difference. I have always received full Globalist benefits for up to 3 rooms in my name. But to be 100% sure, it would certainly not harm to do a GoH booking for the 2nd room.
you can charge any incidentals to the room in your name, and you will receive points.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:41 pm

It's a property specific policy whether or not they extend globalist benefit to additional rooms booked by the globalist, but as 59Impala says, the most common policy is to do so for up to three rooms. And as he says, you'll get more points on incidentals if you book both directly in your name. I always call the hotel to verify -- most front desk associates readily know the answer to this question.

The only other consideration I can think of is that a property might balk to bump both rooms up to suites on arrival if they're both in your name. However, with the GoH, your name isn't tied to the reservation so the checkin agents would see it as two distinct bookings. Really depends on property though -- properties I frequent gladly give me multiple suites for multiple rooms in my name if they're available.

Last edited by ClarkGriswold; Nov 30, 2018 at 2:44 pm
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:15 pm

Thanks for the prompt replies and great information. If I made the GOH in my spouse's name, would he earn a nightly credit that could be used on his Brand Explorers promotion?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Hockeymom2219
Thanks for the prompt replies and great information. If I made the GOH in my spouse's name, would he earn a nightly credit that could be used on his Brand Explorers promotion?
Yes. It's just like any other reservation in their name, except WoH has added a GoH annotation in the notes telling property to extend benefits.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:46 pm

Great, thanks.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:08 pm

Does anyone know what the new Hyatt Place San Francisco/Downtown will be categorized as. This would be a great property for some baseball next summer!
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mkorpal3333
Does anyone know what the new Hyatt Place San Francisco/Downtown will be categorized as. This would be a great property for some baseball next summer!
I asked this exact same question on the "new properties" thread, but no one knew (or at least no one cared to answer).

I don't understand how they are calling Mission Bay "downtown", but, yes, it is a great location for the baseball stadium.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:19 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
I have a stay at a Hyatt Regency Nov 30-Dec 31, and I’m an explorist. The property said at check in they ONLY upgrade Globalist members... what ? Contacted Hyatt Conc on Twitter and they said they denied their request as well but he emailed upper management on appeal.

my question is, how can a Hyatt Regency just deny explorist upgrade? I’m currently in a standard room with a view of a tree. The app is offering me an upgrade to a deluxe room+ view & balcony for $10 a night. Should I pay that and ask Hyatt to reimburse or ?

Also I will technically have enough nights on November 8 to be Globalist. I don’t know why the property just wouldn’t treat me as one since I qualify with this stay.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
I have a pretty stupid question..
If I got discoverist status from the credit card (the old one), how many nights would I need to achieve explorist?
Is it 20 or 30?

Thank you
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:14 am

What is the definition of a qualified stay for a WOH member regarding the breakfast at Hyatt Place's?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Waiving destination fee on advance rate?

I know that this has been discussed here recently, but I can't find it.

I'm globalist and want to book a "member advance rate". The hotel has a destination fee, which I should not have to pay. But, the website and app do not recognize this, and always include the fee. That's fine when I'm just leaving a deposit, but, in this case, the full amount is billed to my credit card now... how do I get the fee refunded?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 10:47 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

For WoH elite members, it says there is an exclusive reservation line. What is this line?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 11:01 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I have a stay at a Hyatt Regency Nov 30-Dec 31, and I’m an explorist. The property said at check in they ONLY upgrade Globalist members... what ? Contacted Hyatt Conc on Twitter and they said they denied their request as well but he emailed upper management on appeal.

my question is, how can a Hyatt Regency just deny explorist upgrade? I’m currently in a standard room with a view of a tree. The app is offering me an upgrade to a deluxe room+ view & balcony for $10 a night. Should I pay that and ask Hyatt to reimburse or ?

Also I will technically have enough nights on November 8 to be Globalist. I don’t know why the property just wouldn’t treat me as one since I qualify with this stay.
I'd contact front desk and explain that I'm not happy with the room (there's no real reason to explain why ) and ask if they can put me into another room. If pressed, mention that you're accustomed to looking out a window and seeing things such as the sky, and in the current room you are only able to see a tree. You can also mention that you know this is NOT a BIG deal, but hey, it's a deal, and therefore you're asking if they can please possibly do any thing about it

When you consider all the outcomes, this is as close to a no-lose proposition as you'll ever find.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 11:03 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
What is the definition of a qualified stay for a WOH member regarding the breakfast at Hyatt Place's?
A rate that earns points. I.e. not priceline, hotels.com, travel industry rate, distressed passenger rate, etc.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
For WoH elite members, it says there is an exclusive reservation line. What is this line?
When you log in to your account and you're on the page tat your current points and stays for the year ... click on "contact us" just below the box where your Point Totals are shown ... and the appropriate phone number for your membership tier will be shown in a pop-up window.
RedSun likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.