Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2018, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Voda_boy
Hello
Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere. I have an upcoming stay at the HR Tokyo and the reservation was booked as part of a flight & hotel package through a travel agent (not direct on Hyatt.com). I understand that I won't get points for my stay, however I was hoping I would get some of the other benefits of being an Explorist, e.g preferential room. I've tried adding my booking reference to my Hyatt booking however it cannot locate it (it is an alpha-numeric booking reference, not the standard one you get when booking direct). Should I contact the hotel directly (Hyatt global reservations centre were unable to help me).

Does anyone have any advice on this situation? I'm assuming making a third party booking must be quite common. Many thanks in advance.
Generally speaking (Hyatt's Prive program being the exception I know), you're out of luck trying to get benefits through 3rd party bookings. Part of the goal of the loyalty system is encourage people to book directly through Hyatt.

You can try reaching out to the property and make a request for placement (or see if they'll bump you up for a modest fee), but I wouldn't bother mentioning your status, as it's probably not going to get you anywhere in this situation.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 11:45 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
How's award availability in WOH program? I am trying to decide if it's worthwhile to get a Hyatt CC to earn some points for future award stays. TIA.

LAX
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LAX
How's award availability in WOH program? I am trying to decide if it's worthwhile to get a Hyatt CC to earn some points for future award stays. TIA.

LAX
availability is fine, except for Hawaii. I prefer the Chase Sapphire card because you earn Ultimate Reward points and can transfer into Hyatt or many other travel programs for use. More flexibility with your points than just having to use them with Hyatt. That said, you get a free Cat 1-4 hotel each year with the Hyatt CC.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
For the most part, I have only had one booking in the last year where award availability wasn't an option but cash booking were. (points plus cash is much tighter).

Every other time, if the hotel has rooms, it has been allowing points.

However,
Later bookings will be less successful,
Peak times will be less successful,
Short stays will be less successful
(for example, I just booked the confidante on Miami beach for next December/January and I could only use points for new years eve if I had a stay of at least 5 days).

Typically, you need 2 of the 3 to have any issues.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:42 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
If a Cat 4 free night is available on points, is it also available as a Chase CC anniversary free night award?

Thx....
Old Apr 30, 2018, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by Explore
If a Cat 4 free night is available on points, is it also available as a Chase CC anniversary free night award?

Thx....
I don't know if this is a firm rule, but generally speaking I've found if there's points available, you can use the CC award. A message on twitter to HyattConcierge can answer it for your specific case usually in less than 5 minutes though (Hyatt Twitter is the bestz).
Old Apr 30, 2018, 10:33 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
availability is fine, except for Hawaii. I prefer the Chase Sapphire card because you earn Ultimate Reward points and can transfer into Hyatt or many other travel programs for use. More flexibility with your points than just having to use them with Hyatt. That said, you get a free Cat 1-4 hotel each year with the Hyatt CC.
Thanks. With the free night, which seems likely reasonably easy to use, the Hyatt CC essentially becomes no annual fee for me.

LAX
Old May 5, 2018, 10:15 am

I've got a couple questions:
- Does Hyatt not count the free night as a night towards status on a buy x nights, get the xth night free reservation?
- For the Hyatt Zivas/Zilaras that include tax in the price, do you not get points for that tax portion, even though it's not broken out?
Old May 13, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, Carnival VIFP Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
So I'd like to book two rooms of different types for my family at the Hyatt Place Waikiki this winter, and would like both rooms credited to my World of Hyatt Account to earn base points off of both rooms, but didn't see how I could go about doing that on the website.

So far, I booked one room. Do I use the "Add Reservation" link in the confirmation email to add a second room? Book the second room as a separate reservation and also provide my World of Hyatt account for it? Or is this something I have to call in to add to my reservation?

Also, a somewhat related nitpick, was a bit annoying that when I tried initially to book "2 rooms for 6 people" I was given no availability; Hotels.com is a lot easier with trying to say "I need 2 rooms with X people in room 1 and Y people in room 2" at search initiation time; I'd think Hyatt's website could be at least as sophisticated.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old May 13, 2018, 12:27 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by aoumd
So I'd like to book two rooms of different types for my family at the Hyatt Place Waikiki this winter, and would like both rooms credited to my World of Hyatt Account to earn base points off of both rooms, but didn't see how I could go about doing that on the website.

So far, I booked one room. Do I use the "Add Reservation" link in the confirmation email to add a second room? Book the second room as a separate reservation and also provide my World of Hyatt account for it? Or is this something I have to call in to add to my reservation?

Also, a somewhat related nitpick, was a bit annoying that when I tried initially to book "2 rooms for 6 people" I was given no availability; Hotels.com is a lot easier with trying to say "I need 2 rooms with X people in room 1 and Y people in room 2" at search initiation time; I'd think Hyatt's website could be at least as sophisticated.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Yes - it is easier to make to separate reservations. if both are in your name, the points will be credited to your account.
sometimes, if you book 2 rooms in 1 reservation, the hotel may split the reservation, and then you are unable to make any changes online.
so I always book each room individually.
Also - I don't think Hyatt.com works correctly, because if you put 6 people, the systems actually thinks you want 6 people in each room.

so if you want 2 rooms with 3 people in each room, and in the same reservation, then that is what you need to put in the search field - the system will assume 3 people in each room.
but better make separate reservations
Old May 13, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, Carnival VIFP Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Yes - it is easier to make to separate reservations. if both are in your name, the points will be credited to your account.
sometimes, if you book 2 rooms in 1 reservation, the hotel may split the reservation, and then you are unable to make any changes online.
so I always book each room individually.
Thanks for the advice!

So it's not like an airline when two PNRs under the same name cause at least one to get canceled per terms and conditions?

Last edited by aoumd; May 13, 2018 at 12:45 pm
Old May 13, 2018, 2:36 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by aoumd
Thanks for the advice!

So it's not like an airline when two PNRs under the same name cause at least one to get canceled per terms and conditions?
No, it's not like a PNR. I regularly booked 2 rooms on separate reservations when traveling with our children when they got older. I have 4 rooms/reservations booked for a family trip to Maui a few months from now.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:29 am

Is there a way to make a reward reservation online for someone else? When I googled it, it seems like you could enter Guest Name online but when I actually tried it, it does not have that option. Was this something that you used to be able to do and not anymore? I went all the way thru with the reservation hoping I could modify the guest name afterward but it said to call to modify the reservation.

I am now on hold with a phone agent to do it. It is taking forever.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 3:19 pm

World of Hyatt Free Night Points

The World of Hyatt website is showing "World of Hyatt Free Night" for 25,000 points. I'm confused because I would assume that a free night is... free. Can I transfer UR points from Chase and purchase nights this way?
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:58 pm

<dons flame suit>

Anyone have any suggestions for how to best request a Hyatt status match? Currently Gold with Hilton. Not willing to do anything unethical or fraudulent. Am I SOL?

Short version: for a work reason I may need to stay 10 nights at Park Hyatts in two major Asian cities. I would prefer to stay with the Hilton or Marriott options but that may not be feasible without some annoyances and/or possible at all. Does having any sort of Hyatt status "get" me anything? Ideas/thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.