Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2023, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
Adding the the post above that xx21 suites now have very very obstructed view of nye fireworks - a major bummer as we booked it nearly a year ago to watch from the room with kids. Should have gone outside but took a gamble hoping to see at least some launch sites.
What a bummer! Hope you had a nice New Year’s regardless.

We also considered venturing outside but with this being the first NYE show since ’19 we figured the crowds would be insane. We’re glad we stayed in and had a relaxing evening night despite the partial view of the fireworks.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 1:39 am

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rucksack
We experienced great service during our stay. Housekeeping and turndown service was flawless. The hotel distributed custom macaroons to each room to celebrate NYE and left us a small bottle of Frapin 1270 cognac as a welcome gift. I'm used to hotels leaving a very cheap bottle of wine to welcome elite members, but Frapin 1270 is a cut above at $60+ USD for a full-sized bottle.
Stayed over Christmas and they gave small bottles of Johnnie Walker Black and a jar of various festive biscuits on Christmas Day. Not quite as good as yours, but still quite impressive. Was at another Asia Hyatt over New Years and got nothing.
rucksack likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 12:31 am

Programs: AY Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by gravii
Definitely wouldn't put that in the same category as a Grand Club. Though as a Globalist I got two alcoholic drink vouchers as well. Also, as an Andaz you receive complimentary minibar which is replenished daily at Singapore. With Nespresso machines and TWG tea in room, I generally just stick to the room for non-alcoholic beverages.
Was the two globalist alcoholic drink vouchers a one-time welcome drink or a daily benefit?
Old Jan 10, 2023, 2:53 am

Programs: SQ, QF, AA, Marriott, Hyatt, Accor
It used to be one voucher per person per night, but this was removed in 2021 in favour of a welcome drink.

It's unfortunate really as the nightly vouchers were introduced to replace the Andaz-standard evening wine and beer in the sun room as that venue was too small to handle demand.

i gather they've also removed the complimentary beer from the mini bar. it's become a very cost-driven hotel and to me the penny-pinching demonstrates a meanness that never used to be there under the previous GM and owners.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by WISEMEN
i gather they've also removed the complimentary beer from the mini bar
Indeed, they have. And the welcome drink is limited to their house beer, a designated cocktail of the day, and couple wine options.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've stayed a handful of times in the last couple years and never received a welcome drink. Is that definitely a hotel policy for Globalists?
Old Jan 10, 2023, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by rucksack
Indeed, they have. And the welcome drink is limited to their house beer, a designated cocktail of the day, and couple wine options.
And Mocktail of the day.

Originally Posted by Doppy
I've stayed a handful of times in the last couple years and never received a welcome drink. Is that definitely a hotel policy for Globalists?
I don't remember getting a welcome drink at check-in there, but I recall on my stays there pre-Covid I got multiple drink coupons that could be used at the bar area for pretty much any cocktail/wine/beer on the menu.

My stay late last year, I got only one drink coupon (with limited selection as noted above) on a multi-night stay.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Doppy
It's for use in that mini lounge in the lobby. I got it each time I stayed as a Globalist but never used it. I'm not much of a drinker compared to some people here.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by econ
I don't remember getting a welcome drink at check-in there...
I was just carrying over the "welcome drink" terminology from wiseman. I didn't mean a literal welcome drink upon arrival, but rather a one-time voucher given at check-in.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 7:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I don't recall getting drink coupons in September but we did steal the flip-flops from the room - which seemed appropriate, given the "Stolen from Andaz Singapore" branding . We thought this was a nice, non-cheap touch.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 7:57 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Any luck with early check in as a Globalist at this property? I know its based on availability but wondering how often they are willing to honor. Coming in on an early flight from the states and wondering if it will be an option.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
I don't recall getting drink coupons in September but we did steal the flip-flops from the room - which seemed appropriate, given the "Stolen from Andaz Singapore" branding . We thought this was a nice, non-cheap touch.
Weird, I got it each time I stayed at the Andaz. Furthermore, you're not stealing anything. As crazy as it sounds, you can take them home. I asked the operator on the phone and she told me it was free. I was never charged for it.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ryandc99
Any luck with early check in as a Globalist at this property? I know its based on availability but wondering how often they are willing to honor. Coming in on an early flight from the states and wondering if it will be an option.
You can call and ask. If it's available, they'll accommodate you. Source? Me. I flew UA1 several times in 2022 and arrived super early. I'm a Globalist and the rep said if the room is ready, come on in.

Last edited by lsquare; Jan 11, 2023 at 8:07 am
Old Jan 11, 2023, 1:08 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
You can call and ask. If it's available, they'll accommodate you. Source? Me. I flew UA1 several times in 2022 and arrived super early. I'm a Globalist and the rep said if the room is ready, come on in.
Awesome, I will def call and have them note my reservation.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

got 1 set of drink coupons with limited selection as noted above recently but we also had beer in minibar that was restocked (very questionable beer made worse by very weak cooling power of minibar in our room)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.