Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2023, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Visconti
Thanks, the name sounds awfully familiar! By the way, I'm very capable of taking a train the wrong direction, which I always seem to do in Tokyo. It's been so long since I was last there, I suppose it wouldn't be the end of the world getting lost and roaming around a bit.
IIRC, the airport train enters the station on a middle track, the doors on both sides open to opposite platforms depending on which direction you're headed, and the one on the left as entering the station is the one to take.

I don't mind roaming around a bit either, but in my case getting directly to the hotel after a 16+ hr flight took priority.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 10:56 pm

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Do you know approximately how much the taxi would be? Would this be via grab taxi or just a regular taxi from the taxi line at the airport? Thank you!
My last Grab, though the other way (Andaz to Changi) was $17.80SGD.
I would say taxi/grab vs train would depend on how many people are traveling and how many bags you have. I generally prefer a private vehicle to and from the airport and it saves me lugging around luggage through various train stations and connections. That and like econ, after a long flight I just want to get directly to the hotel with as little fuss as possible and settle in.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 11:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Accor Dia, Mar. Tit, QR Plat, SQ Gold
Thanks, the name sounds awfully familiar! By the way, I'm very capable of taking a train the wrong direction, which I always seem to do in Tokyo. It's been so long since I was last there, I suppose it wouldn't be the end of the world getting lost and roaming around a bit.
If it’s your first time, while the train trip is relatively idiotproof, the walking route to the hotel from Bugis could be confusing.

Grab prices these days can be pretty crazy with the surges, so I’d just wait for a taxi in the airport basement.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by exactlyaron
Does anyone know why for Premium Suite Night bookings the website seems to only show the 'Large Suite Twin' but not 'Large Suite King'?

Presumably if I booked the 'Twin' and emailed they'd be fine allocating a 'King' instead?
The Andaz large twin suite has a much better layout (3 full-sized rooms), while the Andaz King suites are in the corner and the bedroom feels a little cramped. I’d personally just stick with the Twin.

They’d happily (and regularly) push the beds together.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by McChicken
If it’s your first time, while the train trip is relatively idiotproof, the walking route to the hotel from Bugis could be confusing.
It's a bit of trickery indeed. I believe one heads to Exit F, and you'll know you're in the right place when you walk by the Killiney Kopitiam at the Duo Galleria (the Galleria is the basement of the Duo Building, where the Andaz is located). There is a small door further down that leads to the car park and an elevator that takes you straight up to the 25th floor lobby.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 3:58 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Fairmont Premier
The Andaz large twin suite has a much better layout (3 full-sized rooms), while the Andaz King suites are in the corner and the bedroom feels a little cramped. I’d personally just stick with the Twin.

They’d happily (and regularly) push the beds together.
I don't know if there's really a distinction between the Andaz Large Twin Suite vs. Large King Suite. We booked the Large Twin Suite, and the two beds were pushed together (and the bedding was for one gigantic bed). In any case, either they just assigned us a Large King Suite by default and we did not know it, or the actual Large King Suite may have a regular King bed that is smaller than the Twin Suite. The two beds appeared to be full or queen sized, so it was perfect for us since we stayed there with our young kids.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 7:02 am

Grab prices these days can be pretty crazy with the surges, so I’d just wait for a taxi in the airport basement.
Originally Posted by Pickles
It's a bit of trickery indeed. I believe one heads to Exit F, and you'll know you're in the right place when you walk by the Killiney Kopitiam at the Duo Galleria (the Galleria is the basement of the Duo Building, where the Andaz is located). There is a small door further down that leads to the car park and an elevator that takes you straight up to the 25th floor lobby.
Thanks! This is helpful. Since I really don't have to be anywhere during arrival day, I'll take my shot with the train and see if I can find it using The Force or something. If not, I suppose I could just ask around and some good samaritan will point me the right direction?
McChicken likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 9:07 am

Thanks! This is helpful. Since I really don't have to be anywhere during arrival day, I'll take my shot with the train and see if I can find it using The Force or something. If not, I suppose I could just ask around and some good samaritan will point me the right direction?
yep! I like to think most of us Singaporeans will generally help if requested, but the MRT station staff are also generally trained to guide people.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 1:06 pm

yep! I like to think most of us Singaporeans will generally help if requested, but the MRT station staff are also generally trained to guide people.
That works for me! I'll always resort to asking before, say, checking or my phone or, heaven forbid, looking at a map. And, I suppose, getting lost in Singapore wouldn't be the worst thing that's ever happened to me during my traveling (mis)adventures.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 6:26 pm

That works for me! I'll always resort to asking before, say, checking or my phone or, heaven forbid, looking at a map. And, I suppose, getting lost in Singapore wouldn't be the worst thing that's ever happened to me during my traveling (mis)adventures.
Imo, Singapore would be the easiest big city in the world for an English-speaking traveler to find their way after getting lost. From infrastructure to signage to the helpfulness of the locals. No issue at all.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Do you know approximately how much the taxi would be? Would this be via grab taxi or just a regular taxi from the taxi line at the airport? Thank you!
My last taxi was $15.60 metered fare + $6.00 airport charge
Old Mar 6, 2023, 1:07 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Would folks characterize the beds as hard? I saw something about that on Tripadvisor - at some hotels I ask for a topper and wondering weather I should here?

I'm used to a Western Bed with a firm mattress but plush pillowtop on top.

Thanks in advance!
ETA: I just asked for a topper in advance.

Last edited by beachfan; Mar 13, 2023 at 1:36 am
Old Mar 12, 2023, 9:41 pm

Anyone know how strict this property is with the primary guest not showing up? If I book here and add my wife, is she gonna get grief if I don’t show up?
Old Mar 13, 2023, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA
Anyone know how strict this property is with the primary guest not showing up? If I book here and add my wife, is she gonna get grief if I don’t show up?
if you show up eventually, it’ll be fine.

if you don’t, they might not give you the elite night/points.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 4:38 am

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
Currently on my second stay here within a short period of time. Unfortunately, it’s quite underwhelming and doesn’t meet our high expectations…

My wife was probably food poisoned from Mr Stork - their rooftop bar - and had to be hospitalized. Front desk quite slow and not very responsive. I had two general requests on laundry and never get any feedback. Had to go down and ask again to only get a very robotic, negative feedback. Hard product is also quite worn out for only 5 years after opening (e.g. sofa in our room is torn and patched very provisionally).

Otherwise the staff in the restaurants are great and have a good spirit. Location is of course fantastic and the general setup of the hotel could be the perfect foundation for a fantastic hotel experience.

Last edited by Gioventu; Mar 15, 2023 at 7:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.