Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2024, 6:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Platinum, SQ Silver
Originally Posted by germatory

When did applying a SUA get so difficult at this property?

If only there is an alternative Hyatt in Singapore that's open, I'd jump for it.
While I generally love this property, they’ve always been extremely stingy when it comes to free upgrades for Globalists and yes, even making standard suites available.

Definitely agree, it would be great to have a second Hyatt property in Singapore. What’s happening to the old Grand Hyatt on Orchard- I thought they was going to be renovated and was meant to open again or has this been cancelled?
Old Mar 26, 2024, 6:27 pm

Saw a standard suite pop up a few days ago and immediately called Hyatt to apply the SUA. Representative told me that "the girl at Front Desk said she had no authorization to block the suite and will need her manager to do so".

Rep then emailed the manager and he replied two days later that the Suite is no longer available.

If only there is an alternative Hyatt in Singapore that's open, I'd jump for it.
I can't understand why the rep accepted this answer its literally against the policy
Sydneyberlin likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 6:34 pm

Just answered my own question from above, the Grand Hyatt on Scotts Road is finally supposed to re-open partially in Q2 this year with the rest following next year.

So we might have a second Hyatt again soon though I prefer Bugis over Orchard any day.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 6:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Sydneyberlin
Just answered my own question from above, the Grand Hyatt on Scotts Road is finally supposed to re-open partially in Q2 this year with the rest following next year.
I passed by Singapore Grand Hyatt in January and below is the state of renovation then.

Based on this, a Q2 partial opening seems overly optimistic.

Sydneyberlin likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:04 pm

Ah yes, I feared this might be the case, thanks for posting. This revamp has been overly optimistic a couple of times now. We’ll see when it finally ever happens!
Old Mar 26, 2024, 8:00 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
I’ve never stayed here, but I do have a stay booked for May. Around 3-4 days ago I saw a suite pop up, contacted Hyatt on the chat and they had my TSU sorted in minutes. Sounds like you may have gotten a bad agent… normally when a TSU request doesn’t go my way I just wait a few minutes, try again and the next agent typically gets it to work just fine.

with that said, your experience is frustrating and I’d be annoyed too if I were you.
Sydneyberlin likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 4:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by River in Sight
I’ve never stayed here, but I do have a stay booked for May. Around 3-4 days ago I saw a suite pop up, contacted Hyatt on the chat and they had my TSU sorted in minutes. Sounds like you may have gotten a bad agent… normally when a TSU request doesn’t go my way I just wait a few minutes, try again and the next agent typically gets it to work just fine.

with that said, your experience is frustrating and I’d be annoyed too if I were you.
As update, I called the duty manager today and explained what happened. He was sympathetic and told me not to worry, he will find me a Suite.

A few hours later, I saw an email regarding changes to my reservation and bingo, I was given an Andaz Suite King.
Sydneyberlin likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by travelbug843
For a first-time tourist to Singapore, would you recommend the Andaz Singpore or Hilton Singapore Orchard? They're the same price for my dates and I get free breakfast at both hotels. I don't enjoy shopping so being located on Orchard Rd doesn't have many benefits; it just puts me farther away from my touring plans (MBS, Chinatown, Little India, Kampong Glam). The breakfast buffet at the Hilton looks so delicious, and this thread seems underwhelmed by Andaz's breakfast quality. The Hilton is also newly renovated and won't have construction noises like Andaz may have. (Is Andaz loud?) Anything I'm not considering? The big pro for me of the Andaz is the location. Being able to go back to the hotel easily to get out of the heat is a big deal. Thanks in advance for your insights!
Update after my return. Thanks everyone for your Andaz recommendation. I really enjoyed my stay. I booked through the Amex portal to receive "The Hotel Collection" (THC) benefits. My transpacific flight arrived at 6am making it to the hotel around 7:15am. I was so happy that they gave me my room immediately. I booked the lowest room tier, but it was still very spacious, clean, and well laid out. Breakfast was complimentary for my stay, and while limited, was high quality. I moved to Shangri-La my final two nights and their breakfast was inedible! Despite having no status with Hyatt, the minibar was complimentary. There were complimentary cookies, tea, and self-serve espresso machine offered from 6am-midnight. I had room service twice and everything was great. Highly recommend Auntie's Laksa and the molten chocolate cake. The lobster mac was good, but not great.

The pool area is cramped and (imo) not large enough for the size of the hotel. Limited number of beds and it didn't seem to receive shade at any point of the day. But it offers nice views, though the top floor is better (opens after 5pm).

The location is great and once I figured out how to access the MRT directly from the hotel, it was a breeze. Having to change elevators at the lobby (floor 25) didn't really bother me.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Is anyone aware of a convenient self-serve laundry nearby the Andaz?
Old Apr 12, 2024, 2:24 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by steveholt
Is anyone aware of a convenient self-serve laundry nearby the Andaz?
Don't know if it's the closest, but in January while staying at the Andaz, I went here: https://maps.app.goo.gl/GCJHkYHCwUdJkqav7

There's also a hawker center around the corner while you wait

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.