Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2024, 9:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA PP
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Can you describe the 6 people? are we talking 4 adults and 2 kids etc?

Putting any more than 2 adults in a regular room is not going to be easy, there really isn't room for a rollaway. A suite on the other hand could easily fit 4 people in the spare area.
6 adults. I've been trying to talk to the staff to let me put 4 people in a suite, but they won't seem to budge. Any risks of just sneaking that person into that room with us?
Old Jan 3, 2024, 10:02 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by john_ta_
6 adults. I've been trying to talk to the staff to let me put 4 people in a suite, but they won't seem to budge. Any risks of just sneaking that person into that room with us?
Singapore is less risky IMO than trying this in Japan. I can't remember if the suite in Singapore has a pull out couch or not. Regardless the biggest challenge is where the additional folks will sleep. if there is no pull out bed, there is no way they will do a rollaway, so do the folks sleep on a floor? Why not just get a 3rd room?
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 12:00 pm

This was the Andaz's response to me last year when inquiring for my 2 adults and 2 young kids family:

Maximum 2 Adults & 1 child under 12 years old is allowed in the 2 Twin beds room due to fire safety regulations.We recommend you book the Deluxe rooms which allows 2 Adults & 2 children (under 12 years old). One rollaway bed can be arranged in the Deluxe Category room type .
Old Feb 3, 2024, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by germatory
Just completed a two night stay at Andaz Singapore.

Couple of noticeable downgrades:

1/ Welcome amenity for suite no longer included the two small champagne bottles (think 150ml each). Instead I was offered two small boxes of Eureka popcorns. The small Pandan chiffon cake is unchanged.

2/ Toothpaste is now of the 10ml sized version instead of a larger one previously (think 20g).

3/ Breakfast no longer has the a la carte menu. Instead, it is buffet for all with a daily special egg dish that you can order off the counter.

4/ Wine hour is limited to one hour (530-630pm) where guest can redeem the welcome voucher for one designated drink. One voucher per guest per stay regardless of length. The good ole days of two hour free flowing booze is long gone.

There are some benefits worth highlighting:

1/ All guests have free access to the Virgin Active Gym on the first floor. Advantage there being they offer gym clothes (shirt+shorts) and socks along with shower amenities. Good for travelers who want to reduce the laundry load.

2/ Suite guests are entitled to complimentary in-room dining. One set per guest from the menu below with no refill/toppings. If you choose in room dining you are not allowed to go to Alley on 25 for the buffet breakfast

Andaz Singapore complimentary room service breakfast menu for Suite guests
Is this a globalist thing or just suites in general? I used an SUA with no status and was wondering if I'd be eligible.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 9:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by waterman22
Is this a globalist thing or just suites in general? I used an SUA with no status and was wondering if I'd be eligible.
The complimentary in room breakfast is a benefit for all suite guests, regardless of elite status.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 12:29 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
The complimentary in room breakfast is a benefit for all suite guests, regardless of elite status.
Received no such benefit staying in a suite in November as an Explorist...
Old Feb 4, 2024, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Received no such benefit staying in a suite in November as an Explorist...
The in room breakfast benefit / menu was only offered when I called to ask them from my Suite. There was no mention of it at check-in or in room. Housekeeping sent over the paper menu shortly after my call.

I am a Globalist hence might be wrong whether non-Globalist qualifies. However, the menu clearly stated it is a benefit for Suite guests.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 1:19 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Globalist here. Didn't get offered in room dining when was in a specialty suite last year. Maybe one needs to be proactive and ask. I didn't know about the free tea and snacks in the bar and stuff either until dayb3
Old Feb 5, 2024, 1:32 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Just booked here on points. The nightly rate for my stay was close to $700, so kinda weird they are charging those rates and trying to cut corners on the little things as mentioned above. Stayed here before about a year ago and liked the property itself. Minimal interaction with staff but I really enjoyed the room (in general I am an Andaz fan). I'm only explorist so I don't go in with very high expectations. Lot of the hotels in Singapore are pretty pricey and I considered going somewhere else while I waited for my connecting flight but once I factored in the plane fare and extra accommodation costs for doing it etc I figured I'd just use the points and enjoy the food in singapore while planning the next stages of my trip, especially after coming off an 18+ hour flight.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 9:31 pm

The in room breakfast benefit / menu was only offered when I called to ask them from my Suite. There was no mention of it at check-in or in room. Housekeeping sent over the paper menu shortly after my call.

I am a Globalist hence might be wrong whether non-Globalist qualifies. However, the menu clearly stated it is a benefit for Suite guests.
Emailed them about it. The breakfast is only for PAYING suite guests. My points + SUA doesn't count.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 10:34 pm

Emailed them about it. The breakfast is only for PAYING suite guests. My points + SUA doesn't count.
Thats odd. I stayed in the standard suite in Nov 2023 by booking the standard room and using my SUA.

I was offered the in room breakfast.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 12:27 pm

Thats odd. I stayed in the standard suite in Nov 2023 by booking the standard room and using my SUA.

I was offered the in room breakfast.
Maybe I'll just ask when I get to the property. They might be more lenient against their "cash bookings only" rule then.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 1:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF Platinum, SQ Silver
Maybe I'll just ask when I get to the property. They might be more lenient against their "cash bookings only" rule then.
Sorry but what the heck is their cash bookings only rule???
Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Here now on two night stay. They dont restock the minibar in the room anymore when housekeeping comes in to clean?
Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:55 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Fairmont Premier
Originally Posted by Red259
Here now on two night stay. They dont restock the minibar in the room anymore when housekeeping comes in to clean?
They have different staff to restock the minibars, so not necessarily the same time as when your room is cleaned. I stayed in the Andaz Suite last month for 2 nights and they restocked the minibar daily.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.