Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2015, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyMan
Opinion will vary but this was compiled by what was highlighted by most members:

All allow 2 adult with 2 kids
Print Wikipost

which Hyatt in Tokyo?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2019, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Anyone trying booking Hyatt in Tokyo for the Olympics yet?
Looks like everything is either sold out or blocked off.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 9:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by krazieman
Anyone trying booking Hyatt in Tokyo for the Olympics yet?
Looks like everything is either sold out or blocked off.
Website says to call the hotels to ask, so I would contact the hotels to see and not assume they are booked. However, some hotels in Tokyo have been fully booked since last September.

Last edited by Red259; Jul 23, 2019 at 9:08 pm
Old Jul 23, 2019, 10:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Red259
Trying to decide where I want to stay on points during my trip to Tokyo. Andaz is my favorite but i'm not sure if anything major has changed in the past year and a half. Only status I would have would be low level status from a hyatt credit card. Have stayed at park hyatt and wasn't really impressed and I found GH to not be very good if you don't have status. Have there been any major developments that have shifted which hyatts may be the go to on award stays?
I thought the evening happy hour for all was improved on my last visit to the Andaz, probably about January. There seemed to be more food and a greater variety of food. In addition, the Andaz seems to have more frequent limobus service than a couple years ago. [Previously the limobus service to/from the Andaz was so infrequent as to be almost useless, and there was no walkable other hotel with a better limobus schedule.] If you can get a reasonable rate at the Andaz, I'd pick the Andaz even though it's not category 7 (like the PH) for redemptions, although I've never tried the Ginza Hyatt Centric.

Old Jul 23, 2019, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I thought the evening happy hour for all was improved on my last visit to the Andaz, probably about January. There seemed to be more food and a greater variety of food. In addition, the Andaz seems to have more frequent limobus service than a couple years ago. [Previously the limobus service to/from the Andaz was so infrequent as to be almost useless, and there was no walkable other hotel with a better limobus schedule.] If you can get a reasonable rate at the Andaz, I'd pick the Andaz even though it's not category 7 (like the PH) for redemptions, although I've never tried the Ginza Hyatt Centric.

Andaz Tokyo went up to Cat 7 this past spring.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

Originally Posted by Red259
Trying to decide where I want to stay on points during my trip to Tokyo. Andaz is my favorite but i'm not sure if anything major has changed in the past year and a half. Only status I would have would be low level status from a hyatt credit card. Have stayed at park hyatt and wasn't really impressed and I found GH to not be very good if you don't have status. Have there been any major developments that have shifted which hyatts may be the go to on award stays?
PH and Andaz are both excellent point redemptions. They both treat repeat guests pretty well and even base rooms are spacious.
hailstorm likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 4:28 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Between the PH and Andaz, I would pick based on whichever location is better for your trip. If you are indifferent about Nishi Shinjuku vs. Toranomon, I would pick Andaz for the better hard product and the lounge open to all guests.

The Andaz doesn't offer suite upgrades, but that is only relevant for Globalists.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lamont2718
The Andaz doesn't offer suite upgrades, but that is only relevant for Globalists.
Or people that use points for upgrades.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Or people that use points for upgrades.
Also true, although it is due to a separate reason. I'll list both here for clarity.

1) Andaz Tokyo does not have any Standard Suites, so Globalists are not entitled to suite upgrades at check-in regardless of availability (my original point - relates to Globalist upgrades to best room available including Standard Suites)
2) Andaz Tokyo is one of the "Suite Award Ineligible Properties" listed in the WoH terms & conditions, so Andaz Tokyo suites are not eligible to be booked using points or to be upgraded into using points or TSUs/DSUs (believe this is your point - relates to Suite Free Night Awards and Suite Upgrade Awards)
Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I'd also say that the service level is a world apart between the PH and the Andaz, particularly with the Andaz' recent efforts to aggressively monetize its restaurant and spa to non-guests.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by caliform
I'd also say that the service level is a world apart between the PH and the Andaz, particularly with the Andaz' recent efforts to aggressively monetize its restaurant and spa to non-guests.
I don't think this is much of a change. All Tokyo luxury outlets want their F&B outlets to be destinations for locals. The spa will always be popular with the domestic crowds too.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Aventine
Sorry. Typo or autocorrect did it's thing and I didn't notice. I meant to write that it's NOW category 7. At category 6, points and cash seemed like a good value, even without being able to use TSUs here. Now it's a good place to use a cat 1-7 free night cert, especially if one is not a Glob.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 7:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by Aventine
I don't think this is much of a change. All Tokyo luxury outlets want their F&B outlets to be destinations for locals. The spa will always be popular with the domestic crowds too.
Oh, sure. I just found the PH to prioritize its guests over just about any random party that is drinking tea there.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by caliform
Oh, sure. I just found the PH to prioritize its guests over just about any random party that is drinking tea there.
IME the PH does prioritize at least Glob guests over locals, although there probably are some local VIP regulars who are treated extremely well.

On example is giving the best view seats at Twilight Time to Glob guests (free) over those outsiders who pay (a lot) for the experience.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 9:49 pm

My wife and I plan on going to celebrate our anniversary in early April. I'm a Discoversit at the moment and was looking at either the Grand Hyatt or Andaz. What are my chances of getting an upgrade (Club room) at the Grand Hyatt? And do I need the Clubroom to get access to a concierge to help us with hard to get restaurant reservation (Sushi Saito, Jiro, etc)? Thank you.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:04 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by skylineb0i
My wife and I plan on going to celebrate our anniversary in early April. I'm a Discoversit at the moment and was looking at either the Grand Hyatt or Andaz. What are my chances of getting an upgrade (Club room) at the Grand Hyatt? And do I need the Clubroom to get access to a concierge to help us with hard to get restaurant reservation (Sushi Saito, Jiro, etc)? Thank you.
Late March or Early April is high season(Sakura aka cherry blossoms) so I’d say scoring an unpaid upgrade as a discoverists would be unlikely. You definitely don’t need club access to obtain assistance from the concierge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.