Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2015, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyMan
Opinion will vary but this was compiled by what was highlighted by most members:

All allow 2 adult with 2 kids
Print Wikipost

which Hyatt in Tokyo?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Currently having a hard time deciding where to stay for my last (4th) night in Tokyo:

Am booked at the PH for 3 nights, Governor, Governor and Park suite (Gov not available on 3rd). It is available on the 4th, but realistically, will they make me move twice?
All premium suites beyond governor are available on the entire duration of our stay, but if they were to move someone I figure it'd be the person staying on the single 3rd night instead of us? And of course I know i shouldn't be counting on this happening at all...

Alternatively standard/premium suites at the GH and Centric are available - figure that GH would be a good idea (actually the cheapest option as we won't have to pay for breakfast). I do have some appointments in the immediate Hills complex the 2nd last day. But next day departure to NRT would be quite problematic (my flight's at 5:15pm and the scheduled duration for the 2pm limousine bus is 2 hours? A bit uncomfortable as it leaves us too little time at NRT so we'll have to cab it to Shimbashi onwards to Skyliner or Shibuya/Tokyo for NEX...)

Never stayed at the GH before but my companion thinks the stock photos make their rooms look similar to HR. This must be wrong I assume?

For the same price of PH I could also get a view (standard) room at the Andaz, inclusive of perks thru Virtuoso etc...but it is just gonna be a 'room'

Except for the Andaz I'm looking to be using those 6000/9000 point upgrades for the above.

Or...or.....(off topic) the Aman is available for an extra $400 or so compared to the PH...worth a splurge?
Originally Posted by lamont2718
I would just stay put at the PH. There is a decent chance that they won't make you change rooms twice. Even if they do, changing rooms within the PH is preferable to moving to another hotel 30 minutes away for just 1 night. That time would be better spent enjoying Tokyo.

If you are curious about the GH, consider stopping by the Oak Door for a drink while you are in Roppongi.
Originally Posted by caliform
$400 extra for the Aman? I'd go with that. Unless it's just for that one night; then just stay put.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'd make the decision largely on the NRT limobus schedule. If it works from the PH/HR, either stay there or move someplace nearby (that's likely to be cheap). Similarly the Andaz is nice, so go there if you must move and it the airport transportation (by limobus) schedule works.
Originally Posted by Aventine
I would just move rooms (if necessary) at PH. They'll even do the moving for you if you like.
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Thanks everyone. All the suites suddenly got swept up at the PH (it's actually very near from now) - I'm not sure if they were really all bought out or what, but unlikely we can get further upgraded even if we booked yet another night. Not that I should be expecting it anyway and hopefully 3 nights won't be too short to make the most out of the hotel and the suites we're booked into

Ended up booking the GH. I figure the $300 savings vs PH can buy us a nice Michelin meal and some taxi rides instead. Unfortunately they didn't offer any 9000-pt upgrades/'premium suites' for redemptions (as in, there are none categorized for this apparently) but no complaints for getting the 100 sqm Grand Exec King suite as a standard suite upgrade despite not the preferred bed type
Just a follow up for anyone interested, I ended up canceling that last night at the GH and followed all of your advice here to stay put at the PH.

End result: We were upgraded to the Tokyo Suite for all four nights.

Best decision and hotel stay ever! The service was above and beyond and really puts the other PHs I stayed at this month (Beijing and Sydney(!)) to shame.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Good call!
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:58 am

Most convenient Hyatt in Tokyo to train stations?

plan to stay 3 days in Tokyo at a Hyatt since I have some points. What’s the most convenient one in terms of location so that u can easily go to tourist areas.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:09 pm

Everything in Tokyo is convenient to be some station or another. That being said, the regency is about a 5-10 walk from Shinjuku station and has a subway line right next to it.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Probably the best-located transportation wise is probably the (rim shot!) Centric in Ginza.
Cheetah_SA likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
All of the hotels are close to a station. Choose your hotel based on the number of points you wish to spend. The HR is best value, whilst the PH and Andaz are outstanding.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 4:15 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also, both the HR and the PH run a shuttle every 20 mins to and from Shinjuku station.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
HR is one of the all around best value point redemptions. That being said, cash prices there are also pretty decent most of the time. A bit out of the way, but PH Tokyo still ranks as one the absolute jewels in the system.

I'd avoid the Grand Hyatt though. Depending on the amount of points I'd say start with HR then Andaz then Park Hyatt.

At the Hyatt Regency if you don't want to do the shuttle to the station which leaves every 20 minutes or so, it ends up being like a $5-7 cab ride to the station.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Centric Ginza without a doubt

GH is 8 min walk or so to roppongi station
HR and PH both require shuttle bus
Andaz is a short walk from Toranomon but you will most likely need to transfer from there to get to any tourist destination
Old Jul 30, 2019, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Isn't anybody going to ask the guy what tourist attractions he has on mind?

Tokyo is a very big city. Maybe being in Shinjuku and very slightly farther from a train works better than being in Ginza.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:22 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by invalyd
Centric Ginza without a doubt

GH is 8 min walk or so to roppongi station
HR and PH both require shuttle bus
Andaz is a short walk from Toranomon but you will most likely need to transfer from there to get to any tourist destination
The HR and PH get dinged for the "long" walk to Shinjuku station. From either of them, it is possible to walk to a JR entrance in 14 minutes max, or to get to an Oedo subway line entrance station in 8 minutes or so. Shinjuku station has plenty of connections, as one would expect given that it is the busiest train station in the world.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Isn't anybody going to ask the guy what tourist attractions he has on mind?

Tokyo is a very big city. Maybe being in Shinjuku and very slightly farther from a train works better than being in Ginza.
It doesn't matter what attractions he has in mind. As you say, you are far from almost everything most of the time...

That said, Ginza would be the choice if it's your first time, you are only in Tokyo for a day or two and you don't want to take public transport.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Ginza.
invalyd likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's a new Hyatt affiliate (SLH?) that's located right at/in Tokyo Station, although it's extremely expensive for random dates I noticed and/or seems never to have rooms available for points. However, it looks gorgeous.

ADDED: Name is The Tokyo Station Hotel and it is indeed Small Luxury Hotels.
Cheetah_SA likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There's a new Hyatt affiliate (SLH?) that's located right at/in Tokyo Station, although it's extremely expensive for random dates I noticed and/or seems never to have rooms available for points. However, it looks gorgeous.

ADDED: Name is The Tokyo Station Hotel and it is indeed Small Luxury Hotels.
The property looks quite dated to me although the location may be convenient. A colleague of mine booked a room there on points and they cancelled his reservation without explanation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.