Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:52 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Talking Take a video tour around the Park Hyatt Vienna

I have just posted a video from a designer fashion experience company that basically takes you on an actual tour around the Park Hyatt Vienna. It gives you a great feel for the place- looks alittle like the Milan property to me - and has convinced me that this is an absolute must do on my list of future trips!

See:
http://www.luxurytraveldiary.com/201...-hyatt-vienna/

Hope it helps people decide one way or the other!
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: A few
I am going to be staying here next weekend and wanted to ask anyone familiar with Vienna for recommendations on where nearby I could catch a good classical music concert or opera? Looking for a nice cultural evening hopefully not too far from the hotel
Old Nov 6, 2014, 6:22 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
I am going to be staying here next weekend and wanted to ask anyone familiar with Vienna for recommendations on where nearby I could catch a good classical music concert or opera? Looking for a nice cultural evening hopefully not too far from the hotel
The Opera house is probably but a 10-12 minute walk away from the hotel. It's a relatively good place to catch an opera....

FDW
Old Nov 15, 2014, 5:37 am

Am here now at PH Vienna and have to say this has just become one of my favorite Hyatt hotels in the world!

Will post more later including pics but got a good rate and used DSU to upgrade to a Park Suite which is beautiful. Looks very similar to the regular Park King but with a "proper" separated lounge area and bedroom. Looking at the floor plan on the door appears to be nearly twice the size of normal rooms. We don't have much of a view but who cares when inside is so beautiful!? Internet issues mentioned above have DEFINITELY been fixed as I am getting fast and reliable internet connection throughout the hotel even down in the basement pool.

Speaking of which took a dip in the pool this morning it is really beautiful in the old vault. Pool is small but largely enough to put some laps in if that's your thing and kept to a nice temperature. Hotel is sold out but we were the only people in the pool. About to test the spa next will let you know how that goes it is expensive.

Breakfast at The Bank was expansive and fabulous with pretty much anything you could ask for or expect. Cocktails in The Pearl last night were awesome too. The Madhatter is to die for.

For those visiting from now until the end of the year there is a fabulous Christmas market set up in the square outside. It just opened yesterday and we walked around and all kinds of fabulous gifts, food and wine on offer. It was very busy and popular!

Service downstairs from the doorman and front desk staff has been fantastic. Had afternoon tea at the Lounge yesterday service there was frankly poor. Sure it was busy but they were slow to respond. Service at breakfast this morning was ok. Service at the Pearl bar was superb. Overall I feel the staff are warm and are pushing to serve as well as possible but maybe a few cracks at busy times in the dining areas.

Anyhow already planning the next visit! Will post pics when I am back
Old Nov 16, 2014, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Am here now at PH Vienna and have to say this has just become one of my favorite Hyatt hotels in the world!

Will post more later including pics but got a good rate and used DSU to upgrade to a Park Suite which is beautiful. Looks very similar to the regular Park King but with a "proper" separated lounge area and bedroom. Looking at the floor plan on the door appears to be nearly twice the size of normal rooms. We don't have much of a view but who cares when inside is so beautiful!? Internet issues mentioned above have DEFINITELY been fixed as I am getting fast and reliable internet connection throughout the hotel even down in the basement pool.

Speaking of which took a dip in the pool this morning it is really beautiful in the old vault. Pool is small but largely enough to put some laps in if that's your thing and kept to a nice temperature. Hotel is sold out but we were the only people in the pool. About to test the spa next will let you know how that goes it is expensive.

Breakfast at The Bank was expansive and fabulous with pretty much anything you could ask for or expect. Cocktails in The Pearl last night were awesome too. The Madhatter is to die for.

For those visiting from now until the end of the year there is a fabulous Christmas market set up in the square outside. It just opened yesterday and we walked around and all kinds of fabulous gifts, food and wine on offer. It was very busy and popular!

Service downstairs from the doorman and front desk staff has been fantastic. Had afternoon tea at the Lounge yesterday service there was frankly poor. Sure it was busy but they were slow to respond. Service at breakfast this morning was ok. Service at the Pearl bar was superb. Overall I feel the staff are warm and are pushing to serve as well as possible but maybe a few cracks at busy times in the dining areas.

Anyhow already planning the next visit! Will post pics when I am back
Thanks for update, We are heading there next week and looking forward for beautiful stay. ^
Old Nov 16, 2014, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the video, this hotel is now on my 2015 trip list. Looks far more impressive than the NYC Park Hyatt.

Originally Posted by CanfordCliffs
I have just posted a video from a designer fashion experience company that basically takes you on an actual tour around the Park Hyatt Vienna. It gives you a great feel for the place- looks alittle like the Milan property to me - and has convinced me that this is an absolute must do on my list of future trips!

See:
http://www.luxurytraveldiary.com/201...-hyatt-vienna/

Hope it helps people decide one way or the other!
Old Dec 1, 2014, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Just got back from PH Vienna, using C+P and got upgraded to corner suite, they were anticipating our arrival and checking in at our room while she explain how all these lighting panels work.
Great location and property, I love the SPA it is so grand that I visited twice a day there.
Christmas Market just across the street, and great to see people visited and have hot wines and sausages after work.
Looking forward to get back here again ^
Old Dec 1, 2014, 1:27 pm

Just wanted to add that we took breakfast on our last day in the room and ordered extensively off of the menu and was not charged at all as a Diamond member.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 2:12 pm

Smile Absolutely Beautiful Building and a lovely hotel.

My wife and I traveled to Vienna for Christmas and were delighted to stay here. We had just stayed in the Park Hyatt Vendome, and were impressed with that building, but were utterly blown away by the Park Hyatt Vienna. The service here is good, but has a bit of catching up to do to make it feel as welcoming as the Vendome was.

We were given suite 310 which is situated directly above the hotel entrance on the third floor overlooking Am Hof. What a great location and view. The Christmas market bellow was packed, and it was like a winter-wonderland minus the snow. The room is amazing, and for the regular park suites, was one of the largest. The room was sound proof, although there was a lot of wind, and one of our massive windows kept on blowing open in the sitting room. The electronic controls are a bit touchy, and the temperature can not be lowered bellow 18 celsius. But the room is so fabulous that I didn't really mind.

We also had the pleasure of checking out all the other room categories in the hotel, and I must say, even the smallest room, especially if given one on the second floor is immaculate. If you have the money, splurge not the Park Executive Suite, what a great room, so massive and well appointed.

Julia Handel at the front desk was a gem, constantly getting us and asking about our stay. She was very friendly throughout and arranged the tour for us.

The other person who made our stay was Micheal, who was so friendly and kind, helping with our bags, and always catching up with us over the weekend.

We were a bit disappointed in some of the abrupt responses we got from maids, but otherwise the rest of the staff were great!

We had room service one night and ordered a la carte. It was a great value, and absolutely delicious. I advise going this route at least one night.

Breakfast each morning was a pleasure in the bank. Great Selection and even had items cooked to order.

Overall, the hotel was exceptional, and we would gladly stay here again, especially for the building itself.

Thank you Park Hyatt Vienna for such a lovely stay. Keep up the good work.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
Just booke c&p for March 7&8th. Can't wait
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
I'm heading there this weekend using C & P and DSU. Will review.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 7:20 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
How long would it take to get the hotel from the airport? We are contemplating doing a one night stay there in May. Flight from Santorini gets in at 5pm, and our flight to NY departs at 10:45am the following day. I would prefer to stay here over a hotel at the airport.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 7:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Around 30 minutes by taxi....

I agree that a hotel at the airport isn't as nice, but with your timing staying here seems a bit of a waste, but it's certainly doable.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by ekartash
How long would it take to get the hotel from the airport? We are contemplating doing a one night stay there in May. Flight from Santorini gets in at 5pm, and our flight to NY departs at 10:45am the following day. I would prefer to stay here over a hotel at the airport.
It takes about 30 minutes, but I think it could be worth it. Especially if you get a good rate or are using points. The hotel is phenomenal and it is in a great location. I saw almost every room category in the hotel, and even the smallest were quite delightful, especially if you get the ones on the second floor because they have 15 ft ceilings.

If you are a diamond member, the breakfast is pretty great, the restaurant is rather beautiful. Otherwise, Cafe Central is less than a five minute walk. You could totally get an early breakfast there and be at the airport in time for your flight.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jlparkerart
It takes about 30 minutes, but I think it could be worth it. Especially if you get a good rate or are using points. The hotel is phenomenal and it is in a great location. I saw almost every room category in the hotel, and even the smallest were quite delightful, especially if you get the ones on the second floor because they have 15 ft ceilings.

If you are a diamond member, the breakfast is pretty great, the restaurant is rather beautiful. Otherwise, Cafe Central is less than a five minute walk. You could totally get an early breakfast there and be at the airport in time for your flight.
Using points. I am going to go for it. I like to experience new hotels. Hopefully the flight will be on time.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.