Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum
Yes, yes, yes, you did the right thing. Not sure why some people aren't fans. We stayed there last summer for 3 nights on points as there wasn't P & C available and upon arrival they upgraded us to an amazing suite. Sad to leave it as we loved this place. Location is the best. The free Diamond breakfast in their restaurant was great and they serve till 11:00 so we used this as our lunch each day. Food was really good, service was lacking every day but it didn't bother us. And a shout out to their doorman. Upon arrival, I didn't realize that my brand new IPhone 6 (worth $800) fell out of my pocket when I got out of the Blacklane car we had hired for the drive from the airport. As we were finishing up with checkin, the doorman comes up to us and asks if I had lost a phone. Reached into my pocket and realized it was missing. He asks me what kind and then holds up my phone. Wants me to show the code so I can prove I can get into it and that it is my own and then hands it to me with a smile. His integrity was much appreciated.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 9:27 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Park Hyatt Vienna Mini Pictorial Review:

To come to the point: I love this hotel, I will definitely be back and it is my favourite in Vienna. Why: several reasons;

-it is conveniently located for sites
-it represents the best value of any hotel I have been in in this city
-entry level room and entry level status with Hyatt provided a better room than any competitor in the city I am aware of
-service was brilliant throughout
-the quality and thoroughness of the hard product was second to none

I have no real Hyatt status (basic Gold) but do have some points accrued due to some stays over the years in the US and the UK. I used a points and cash rate to book a single night here to try it out and see how it compares to my normal Hilton or Sofitel options.

The rooms are normally over 300 Euro a night but were only 130 Euro with cash and points (12,500 points). I wanted to see if this would be a truly aspirational property or if it failed to live up to the hype. Answer: I am a believer, and would stay here over any other hotel even at the standard cash prices where I can do this or at least split my stays between here and the Sofitel if my cash was a bit tight.

The previous reviews and blog photos seemed very good but generally were of diamonds staying in suites which wouldn’t apply to me so was curious how this hotel would live up to a normal ‘Mr Smith’ showing up with no status and in a basic room.

The attention to detail is great here, from the entrance with the doorman and the subsequent check in (option to do this in the room if desired) along with excellent service to showing the room to each guest and the functions to the quality and completeness of the room.

I opted to simply check in at the reception and then was shown to my 5th floor room that faced the back of the property but was still very nice with 3 sets of opening windows, electric blinds, sound proofing through second set of windows. The room was very large, around 43 m2 with two wash basins, full bath, large walk in shower, complete walk in wardrobe area, large bedroom with full seating area and a good sized desk to work on. To complete the welcome a bowl of fruit and a welcome letter were waiting for me along with free water on each side of the bed. ^^

The hotel provides everything a guest could want in the room without having to ask or pay extra, slippers, bathrobes, nice quality bath and other amenities, motion sensing light activation in areas, touch sensor controls in other areas, umbrella, proper coffee machine, a safe that is truly safe and is a drawer with large opening and very secure, a choice of digital or analogue alarm clocks, a TV in the bathroom, a shower that you can seat two in…need I go on?

The bed was very comfortable and I slept too well, missing breakfast time altogether (and it runs until 11:00 IIRC!

I did plan to try the spa and swimming pool but time ran out on me but the pool is free to guests and I did manage to eat in the restaurant and enjoyed a very nice steak meal with excellent service. The meal was pricey but this is a top spot and rated well so demands a premium. (A steak with a few sides, a few beer and a dessert came to around Euro 80 for one person).

All to soon, I had to check out and move hotels which is one of the few times I really wished I could stay and enjoy a few more days at a place…

Anyway, I’ll let the pictures do the talking to show what an entry level room and no status provides one here and let you decide where you stay next time you are in Vienna…try to beat this even with status and if you do…please let me know!

If all Park Hyatts are like this, I’ll definitely be trying more of them and somehow working out how to visit more cities with them!

Floor plan 5th floor:

floor plan
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Main Bedroom:

View towards bed and desk:

View of bedroom area
by BA_pics, on Flickr

View back the other way:

large room from desk end
by BA_pics, on Flickr

two doors to the bathroom with artwork:

entrances to bathroom from main room
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Seating Area:

seating area
by BA_pics, on Flickr

King Bed:

King Bed
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Bluetooth radio from Bose with electronic touch controls for lights and blinds:

bose radio and touch controls
by BA_pics, on Flickr

work desk (behind bed):

work desk
by BA_pics, on Flickr

At the other end this framed large screen TV:

large TV
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Not so mini Bar:

extensive bar
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Welcome letter and fruit bowl:

fruit and letter welcome
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Entrance/Wardrobe area:

As you enter this floor detail greets you:

nice entrance floor detail
by BA_pics, on Flickr

walk in wardrobe
by BA_pics, on Flickr

The other side:

walk in wardrobe 2
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Bathroom:

the rather large bathroom that runs the length of the room:

large bathroom corridor
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Wash Basin 1: (fresh flowers as well):

sink 2 of 2
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Wash Basin 2 (with old style alarm clock and Bathroom TV):

sink 1 of 2
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Large walk in shower (large enough I could’t touch the sides with my arms stretched out when in the centre and with a bench for at least 2 to sit on if desired…what else would you do with such a bench )

large shower with seating
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Full size bath with electronic controls and a mirrored marble artwork above it:

full size bath
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Separate WC with separate lighting:

separate WC
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Wow, just wow….when can I get back….
Old May 5, 2016, 4:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Looking forward to give the PH vienna a second shot this saturday for 4 nights! The hard product really impressed me last time, as one of the nicest and classiest european PH city hotel.

I am just hoping that their soft product has improved a bit since last year.

But definitively not making the mistake of booking a hotel car on arrival this time around.
Old May 16, 2016, 9:10 am

If using points+cash and DSU - are there chances to be upgrades even further - to their Belle Epoque suite, for example? What could maximize this chance?
Old May 16, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by in4tar
If using points+cash and DSU - are there chances to be upgrades even further - to their Belle Epoque suite, for example? What could maximize this chance?
I'd say your chances are good. We (and others on thread) got ambassador suite the 2 times we were there, once during peak, another when hotel was sold out. My guest of honor got park suite when standard room was booked.
Old May 16, 2016, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by thucanhho
I'd say your chances are good. We (and others on thread) got ambassador suite the 2 times we were there, once during peak, another when hotel was sold out. My guest of honor got park suite when standard room was booked.
Did you ask for this ahead of time via email/phone call? Or you just got lucky at check-in?
Old May 16, 2016, 11:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by in4tar
Did you ask for this ahead of time via email/phone call? Or you just got lucky at check-in?
I did not ask. I have a feeling that PH Vienna make it a point to treat Diamonds well.

One thing I do is compliment them on Facebook and give genuine excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. I find that, PH Vendome particularly, appreciate these word of mouth efforts.
Old May 17, 2016, 5:23 am

Programs: US CP, AA Plat, DL Silver, EY Gold, Kimpton IC, SPG Plat
Finished a stay there last week using a DSU. Only received a Park Suite while I asked for a Park Suite View. I was very politely informed that the hotel was full for a wedding. Website confirmed no rooms available at all.

The suite was nice and lack of view wasn't really much of a bother. Only complaint with the suite was the desk location blocked the entrance to the bedroom.
Old May 18, 2016, 6:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Was in Vienna a couple of weeks ago for work meetings. Company has a negotiated rate at one of the SPG properties so I do not stay at the Hyatt when I am in town. Surprisingly on one of the nights I was there, they had booked dinner at The Bank Brasserie. I have to say the space is amazingly redone and both the food and service were top notch. Menu could have been a little larger but it offers something for all tastes. So even if your not staying there...try the restaurant!
Old May 22, 2016, 2:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Wow

Have to stay first impressions are great here.

Checkin was smooth. Room (suite and ajoining delux room) are great. Waiting on breakfast now (room service is now included as diamond breakfast according to lady checking us in).

Will see how house keeping and Concerge is today. But so far big props.
Old May 22, 2016, 2:37 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
My choices for one night in June are PH (I am GP Diamond), Intercontinental (Spire Ambassador), Hilton Plaza (HH Diamond) or Le Meridien (SPG Gold)?

Flight in is just after midnight, flight out following day at 9 pm so will have full day to tour Vienna.

Which should I pick?
Old May 22, 2016, 7:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by travelexpert
My choices for one night in June are PH (I am GP Diamond), Intercontinental (Spire Ambassador), Hilton Plaza (HH Diamond) or Le Meridien (SPG Gold)?

Flight in is just after midnight, flight out following day at 9 pm so will have full day to tour Vienna.

Which should I pick?
Paying cash or using points?
Old May 23, 2016, 1:08 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pricesquire
Paying cash or using points?
Two rooms, both cash and points, which is effectively available for all four properties.

In case of Hyatt--have to do separately for Ms. Travelexpert and myself since cannot do two awards rooms from same account. For Intercontinental points for one room, cash for other.
Old May 26, 2016, 5:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Originally Posted by footastic
Have to stay first impressions are great here.

Checkin was smooth. Room (suite and ajoining delux room) are great. Waiting on breakfast now (room service is now included as diamond breakfast according to lady checking us in).

Will see how house keeping and Concerge is today. But so far big props.
Just a quick update

Great stay overall. Few things I noted on the service side which were disappointing

Concerge - sucks at this location. Couldn't confirm dinner plans at requested restaurants and didn't call back on several occasions.

Turndown- seems to occur randomly. Had them knock at 3:30 one day and 9:45 the next. Both times only offered water room wasn't fully turned down.

Laundry - came back too my room with a bag of someone's laundry with no ticket attached. I didn't send in any laundry ? Was odd. Felt bad for the poor folkswho were missing items.

As for the good -
Front desk was helpful and efficient (compared to some other PH/GH experiences taking 10-15 minutes to adjust issues on bill)

Bar - PHENOMINAL great. Jagermeister was doing a shoot for a afternoon when I stopped through because it's a beautiful bar. Bartender was there every night (Kuba) was great very good drinks and suprizingly reasonable(10-14€) compared to Milan or Paris (28€ a drink)

One other item.
Both rooms had MediaLink devices that were not operating meaning no access to HDMI ports. Mentioned to staff but didn't get resolution (5 night stay) after 2 nights I stopped calling.

Overall great place to stay best location. and if on c&p or discounted rate a no brainer
Old May 29, 2016, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Does anyone know if PH Vienna has standard rooms with two beds (doubles, singles, etc) instead of just one king?

I would ideally only want to book one room to conserve points, but if all of the regular rooms only have one king bed, I'll probably end up having to book two rooms instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.