Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2016, 3:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
Originally Posted by thucanhho
This is my sentiment for PH Vendome since the service is exceptional. In my experience, the service at PH Vienna is hit and miss, so it makes room service comparable and a nice alternative for early transport.
Thanks for all the feedback on breakfast. The good news is it looks like my business commitments have changed so my planned 1 night at the PH Vienna is now either 3 nights at the PH Vienna and 1 at the PH Zurich or 2 + 2, so I will likely be able to enjoy both room service and the restaurant for breakfast.

Now that I'll be there for 2/3 nights, what is the feeling about using a DSU here? I'm assuming that the suites are worth using one?

Also, if anyone has any favorites for solo dining (dinners mainly) in Vienna, I'd love some tips as its my first visit. PM me if you'd prefer to not put it in the forum. Thanks!
Old Oct 3, 2016, 5:59 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by bostonpilot
Thanks for all the feedback on breakfast. The good news is it looks like my business commitments have changed so my planned 1 night at the PH Vienna is now either 3 nights at the PH Vienna and 1 at the PH Zurich or 2 + 2, so I will likely be able to enjoy both room service and the restaurant for breakfast.

Now that I'll be there for 2/3 nights, what is the feeling about using a DSU here? I'm assuming that the suites are worth using one?

Also, if anyone has any favorites for solo dining (dinners mainly) in Vienna, I'd love some tips as its my first visit. PM me if you'd prefer to not put it in the forum. Thanks!
Schwartze Cameel right around the corner
Old Oct 3, 2016, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
There is a VERY good cafe right across the side street of the hotel called Zum Schwarzen Kameel.
Also If you exit the hotel and turn right there is a little alley that will lead you to Ofenloch- where I could have eaten all three nights https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...ch-Vienna.html
Old Oct 4, 2016, 2:25 am

Programs: GP Dia, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold
I'll triple that recommendation for The Black Camel! As cheesy and touristy as it may seem - head to Cafe Central one afternoon for some cake and coffee (or whatever treat you want), they have some incredible pastries!
Old Oct 4, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
There is a VERY good cafe right across the side street of the hotel called Zum Schwarzen Kameel.
Also If you exit the hotel and turn right there is a little alley that will lead you to Ofenloch- where I could have eaten all three nights https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...ch-Vienna.html
I second the recommendation for Ofenloch
Old Oct 4, 2016, 11:17 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ate at Ofenloch last night and thought it was quite good, would definitely go back again. Make sure you have a booking, it's not a big place.

Zum Schwarzen Kameel is great for a quick meal, no reservation required. Open pretty late too.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 5:09 pm

Oswald und Kolb also near The Park Hyatt and quite good
Old Oct 5, 2016, 8:30 am

I'll add a recommendation that we got from the concierge. A traditional Austrian restaurant called Zum weissen Rauchfangkehrer. Very good food in a traditional environment. Probably about a 10 minute walk, just past the Stephansplatz.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 12:45 am

My experience so far at Park Hyatt Vienna. Arrived at Vienna airport and the driver says he wasn't told to bring a baby seat. I said that I specifically requested one and he rings the office. Yes, they forgot to tell me to bring one. Complimentary return transfer offered (this was the second offer).

In room check-in offered and a complimentary upgrade to a Studio Room on the sixth floor. British newspaper requested which doesn't turn up the next day.

First evening turndown doesn't come and no note left. In the morning I ring housekeeping for extra towels due to this.

At this point I send an email to the Concierge offering some ways they can improve our experience so far.

There's a flurry of activity and they action all the points mentioned in my email.

Upon returning from a day of sightseeing our room has been serviced but no toilet paper left in the room - there's nothing.

I email the Concierge again at 3:30 to ensure this is resolved. They email back and say it will be sorted. 3h30m later (and a further phone call) and the toilet paper still hasn't arrived. In the end I go down to the Concierge desk and make it clear that as they couldn't seem to organise it I've come down to get my own toilet paper. Queue much apologising and huffing about them having requested it and I'm assured it will be sorted straightaway. As I walk away the Concierge asks if he can do something to put things right. I say, "you make the decision". He says, "But I don't know anything about you." What's the Park Hyatt motto? Luxury is Personal right? Not at PH Vienna apparently. I say that some champagne would be a nice gesture. He says, "Absolutely!" and I go back upstairs.

The toilet paper never arrives until turndown and the champagne never turns up.

Feeling very let down by this hotel so far.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 1:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by jonjparr
I've come down to get my own toilet paper. ...

The toilet paper never arrives until turndown
I guess you should have insisted on not leaving the concierge desk without a roll in hand.

This type of housekeeping is really sad. I just can't imagine how they can forget the toilet paper, but something similar happened to us at PH Vendome (maybe it is a Park Hyatt trademark); no toilet paper in the holder in the toilet cubicle. Fortunately the spare roll was up on the shelf in the closet outside, but that would be little comfort if the guest does not notice that the holder is empty until the paper is actually required.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by jonjparr
My experience so far at Park Hyatt Vienna. Arrived at Vienna airport and the driver says he wasn't told to bring a baby seat. I said that I specifically requested one and he rings the office. Yes, they forgot to tell me to bring one. Complimentary return transfer offered (this was the second offer).

In room check-in offered and a complimentary upgrade to a Studio Room on the sixth floor. British newspaper requested which doesn't turn up the next day.

First evening turndown doesn't come and no note left. In the morning I ring housekeeping for extra towels due to this.

At this point I send an email to the Concierge offering some ways they can improve our experience so far.

There's a flurry of activity and they action all the points mentioned in my email.

Upon returning from a day of sightseeing our room has been serviced but no toilet paper left in the room - there's nothing.

I email the Concierge again at 3:30 to ensure this is resolved. They email back and say it will be sorted. 3h30m later (and a further phone call) and the toilet paper still hasn't arrived. In the end I go down to the Concierge desk and make it clear that as they couldn't seem to organise it I've come down to get my own toilet paper. Queue much apologising and huffing about them having requested it and I'm assured it will be sorted straightaway. As I walk away the Concierge asks if he can do something to put things right. I say, "you make the decision". He says, "But I don't know anything about you." What's the Park Hyatt motto? Luxury is Personal right? Not at PH Vienna apparently. I say that some champagne would be a nice gesture. He says, "Absolutely!" and I go back upstairs.

The toilet paper never arrives until turndown and the champagne never turns up.

Feeling very let down by this hotel so far.
Maybe things work different there, but I assume the concierge has very little in house influence, I go to the front desk manager in cases like this.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 11:50 am

The whole thing started because the transfer wasn't arranged correctly - as I already had an open line of communication with the Concierge as we were discussing that, it made sense (at the time) to just ask him to sort out these other things. In a luxury hotel anybody you talk to should take ownership of and resolve, with escalation if necessary, any query or issue. Anyway, a quick email to the GM this morning and things seem to be running much more smoothly now.

100+ nights in luxury properties in the past year and I've never felt compelled to write to the GM. And I haven't done anything similar since 2013!
Old Nov 8, 2016, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Even at four seasons I wouldn't jecpect the concierge to correct a problem on my bill.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 5:06 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Amex Platinum, Inspirato, UA Spouse of GS,Amanjunkie,Starwood Platinum,Hyatt Diam
This was nothing like our stay at the end of October. You should speak with the GM, Monique, directly. She is very kind. She will be appalled to hear this.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by ray1022
This was nothing like our stay at the end of October. You should speak with the GM, Monique, directly. She is very kind. She will be appalled to hear this.
Already done and she sorted everything!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.