FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 8, 2016, 12:45 am
jp-mco

My experience so far at Park Hyatt Vienna. Arrived at Vienna airport and the driver says he wasn't told to bring a baby seat. I said that I specifically requested one and he rings the office. Yes, they forgot to tell me to bring one. Complimentary return transfer offered (this was the second offer).

In room check-in offered and a complimentary upgrade to a Studio Room on the sixth floor. British newspaper requested which doesn't turn up the next day.

First evening turndown doesn't come and no note left. In the morning I ring housekeeping for extra towels due to this.

At this point I send an email to the Concierge offering some ways they can improve our experience so far.

There's a flurry of activity and they action all the points mentioned in my email.

Upon returning from a day of sightseeing our room has been serviced but no toilet paper left in the room - there's nothing.

I email the Concierge again at 3:30 to ensure this is resolved. They email back and say it will be sorted. 3h30m later (and a further phone call) and the toilet paper still hasn't arrived. In the end I go down to the Concierge desk and make it clear that as they couldn't seem to organise it I've come down to get my own toilet paper. Queue much apologising and huffing about them having requested it and I'm assured it will be sorted straightaway. As I walk away the Concierge asks if he can do something to put things right. I say, "you make the decision". He says, "But I don't know anything about you." What's the Park Hyatt motto? Luxury is Personal right? Not at PH Vienna apparently. I say that some champagne would be a nice gesture. He says, "Absolutely!" and I go back upstairs.

The toilet paper never arrives until turndown and the champagne never turns up.

Feeling very let down by this hotel so far.