Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2011, 4:16 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
When I spoke with someone at the hotel a couple of weeks ago, I was told that the final stages of the renovation would be to certain public areas, corridors, etc., and that the rooms would be finished well before then. I asked if the rooms would be finished before mid-July, and she said yes.

(I have no idea how accurate this information is.)

ETA: The person said the reno would be done in August.

Last edited by nnn; Mar 25, 2011 at 11:54 pm
Old Mar 25, 2011, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by efox
Thanks for the links. ^ It says the renovation to all the rooms "will be completed by the end of August 2011." I have a stay at the end of June. Hopefully I will get a renovated room for my stay.
That link says August but this one says May.

http://www.grandhyattsanfrancisco.com/renovations
Old Mar 25, 2011, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA 2P, HY Diamond
Originally Posted by kenbo
That link says August but this one says May.

http://www.grandhyattsanfrancisco.com/renovations
Great! I am looking forward to my stay and will reek in some Q2 promotion points
Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:17 pm

Stay Report: Stayed here for 2 nights last week.

Check-in
Was welcomed to the hotel upon arrival at the check-in desk. Greeted as a Diamond member and said i was upgraded to a Bay View room. Offered entry into the Grand Club on the 32nd floor (i think it was the 32nd). Took the amenity points.

Accommodation
Standard stuff. No exactly the most exciting decor. Standard amenities. Bay view except it was raining and cloudy.

Grand Club
Grand Club had many different food presentation. Breakfast, snacks, "happy hour". Breakfast had a good continental selection. Didn't go for snacks. Happy hour snacks had some snacks and drinks.

Service
Fairly good. Most personnel i've encountered were extremely helpful and nice.

Overall
A good location right at Union Square. Parking was a hefty $50+ or so. As noted by others, may need some updating.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by myperks
Accommodation
Standard stuff. No exactly the most exciting decor. Standard amenities. Bay view except it was raining and cloudy.

Grand Club
Grand Club had many different food presentation. Breakfast, snacks, "happy hour". Breakfast had a good continental selection. Didn't go for snacks. Happy hour snacks had some snacks and drinks.
I guess the Grand Club floors are still not renovated. Thanks for this report.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I've passed by the hotel a few times and renovation started on the lower floors. I assume the club rooms will be the last of the rooms. Called the hotel and was told all rooms should be completed by August. I looked online for a stay in August and the renovated grand club rooms where not listed as a complimentary upgrade for Diamond Members The complimentary diamond upgrade was for a high floor. I hope this is not the case. I know the Hyatt Regency SF pulled this stunt after the renovation of the club level rooms there.

I guess the Grand Club floors are still not renovated. Thanks for this report.

Last edited by Radiant Flyer; Mar 31, 2011 at 9:58 am
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Wow that's nice. Has anyone stayed recently to confirm if the Grand Club floors are complete?

I'm guessing some of them are?
Renovations have not reached those floors yet. I was there is past weekend and they offered me a Grand Club (high floor) unrenovated room or a renovated corner on the 9th floor. I took the view but now regret not checking out the new designs. (Agent showed me a brochure with the same pictures as the link Radiant gave.)

The new RFID keys are much better than regular magnetic keys.

I really like this hotel for it's location and decent Recency Club, but there are some things that are just a bit 'off' such as the louder than normal top 40 pop music piped into the elevators, floor lobbies and Regency club, error in Diamond Amenity request, etc. For a Grand Hyatt I expect a bit more refined service and attention to detail.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 12:55 am
hch

Do the Club Floor rooms have any advantage over the normal ones? Comparing the old design with the new one I'd really be tempted to take the new ones.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by hch
Do the Club Floor rooms have any advantage over the normal ones? Comparing the old design with the new one I'd really be tempted to take the new ones.
Just a better view as far as I can tell. Since I've seen the "old" rooms, I'd probably sacrifice the view for the renovated room next time.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 8:31 am

Programs: WN CP & A+, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Delta Gold
Just a better view as far as I can tell. Since I've seen the "old" rooms, I'd probably sacrifice the view for the renovated room next time.
I 2nd that!!!
Old Apr 3, 2011, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by bbr55
I 2nd that!!!
Agreed! I gave up the 32nd floor when offered and opted for a renovated king room on the 14th floor (1420 facing Macy's). However, there were already some dings to the wooden panel on the desk and stains on the carpet which's a shame. Bathroom was nicely designed but the water pressure in the bath was horrible. One negative from my stay was that housekeeping forgot to empty the trash in the bathroom from the previous guest.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 5:04 pm
hch

I'm checked into a renovated room on the 17th floor now. There is some street noise, but it's not too bad. What's hightly annoying is the noise from the corridor, which is really bad. I'm not sure it was that bad the last time I stayed here, maybe it's different from room to room.

I really like the new design. It reminds me off the Jersey City Hyatt, just a little brighter. A slightly rather annoying detail is the electrical window shade, which doesn't completely shadow the window but leaves some light in on both sides.

And yes, the water pressure is severly lacking in my room, too. I also don't get why American hotels still don't adopt European-style two dimensional controls that allow controlling both pressure and temperature.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 6:50 pm

I just checked out today and went for a room on the 18th floor. I will 3rd the notion that the water pressure sucks. I'm not a fan of the shower head even when you change the setting from Rain to Jet. The water pressure gets better on Jet but the stream get so much smaller that it's just having a strong faucet spitting water on you.

I'm definitely a fan of the reading lamps and the automatic shades that can be controlled from 3 spots in the room.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 5:21 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
I finally got a chance to check out one of the updated rooms on my current trip to SF. 21st floor if I remember right.

The bathroom was quite nice with the modern look that a number of the hyatts have now. The new shower head contraption still has the anemic water pressure that makes it about 6-12" out from the shower head and then gravity takes over. The whole bathroom is quite a bit cleaner with glass surfaces for the counter and soap holder. (I actually liked the red glass under the sink)

The automatic darkening shade was really nice compared to the curtains in the older rooms.

There's a nice little seating nook with a non-lit mirror. Im not sure how well it would work for makeup, since Im a guy - but its worthy of noting.

I'm interested to see how the furniture holds up over the next couple of years.

Much nicer visit than the old room from a month or two back.
Old May 6, 2011, 9:36 am

I'm just wondering if there's any nice bay view to talk about in the higher floors. I love to wake up to an amazing SF view. THX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.