Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2010, 9:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, US Air Gold
Just completed a 1 night stay on 12/3 - 12/4 using a suite upgrade. I sent an email to the GM a week or two before the staying letting him know it was a special occasion. He wrote back to me and informed me that he had put me in one of their best suites.

I was upgraded to one of their penthouse suites. It was on the 34th floor. The suite is very big, it has a large entertaining room with a dining table, couch, small bar, desk and bathroom. It also had a massage chair, which was really nice after a long day of walking around the city. The decorations in the room were definitely not my style (it is one of their Asian themed suites). But nonetheless, the room was great. It had great views of Union Square, which was perfect since it is decorated for the holidays.

The staff at the hotel were very nice and friendly, no complaints here at all.

all in all, it was a great stay. I agree that the Hyatt regency is a nicer/larger property, but the Grand Hyatt was a very nice alternative and offered me a very nice suite upgrade.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 10:10 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Stayed here on Friday night. Club level room with a nice view, but very basic room in terms of size and amenities. It's always a wake up call for me to visit a domestic Hyatt after all the international ones. Kind of a let down to be honest.

Didn't have time to visit the club lounge, but did try the Grandviews Bar on the top floor and was sorely disappointed. Bartenders there leave something to be desired. I didn't even finish half of my drink, attempting to use my $25 food and beverage credit.

On the plus side, this was my 15th night in the great 10K so I received another 10K points. Probably my last Hyatt stay of the year. 55 nights in 2010, thankfully 95% of which were outside of North America. ;-)
Old Feb 21, 2011, 9:37 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Chase Ultimate Rewards
Is the hotel undergoing room renovations?

Does anyone know if the hotel is undergoing a renovation? I am looking to go to SF in late June. The last time I stayed here the rooms were old.

ERQ
Old Feb 21, 2011, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Yes the hotel is undergoing room renovation right now. For more information see this web site. This is LONG over do!!! I hope the Lobby is next.

http://www.grandhyattsanfrancisco.com/renovations

Originally Posted by ERQTraveler
Does anyone know if the hotel is undergoing a renovation? I am looking to go to SF in late June. The last time I stayed here the rooms were old.

ERQ
Old Feb 21, 2011, 9:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
I wonder if after the reno, the GH will be superior to the HR in San Fran
Old Feb 22, 2011, 4:42 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
Yes the hotel is undergoing room renovation right now. For more information see this web site. This is LONG over do!!! I hope the Lobby is next.

http://www.grandhyattsanfrancisco.com/renovations
That will be a nice change. ^
Old Feb 23, 2011, 6:38 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by chanp
That will be a nice change. ^
They have quite a bit to go in the rooms to get them to look like that. Im currently sitting here in my hohum room in the mid 20th floor. Its pretty sad. Old televisions (tube)... worn interiors... old fixtures... etc.

The hyatt regency SF, which I stayed at a few days ago, was infinitely better. I wouldnt stay at this hotel again in this state.

As of today, there's quite a bit of scaffolding up over the front of the hotel which means they're working on the facade as well.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Stayed here for 2 nights recently and burned an expiring suite upgrade. As with many older Hyatts, their 'suite' is really just 2 connecting rooms with one of them converted into a 'living room' of sorts. The furniture is dated and in need of rennovation. I did get a view of union square and the Chinese new year parade though.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 8:10 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by austin_modern
They have quite a bit to go in the rooms to get them to look like that. Im currently sitting here in my hohum room in the mid 20th floor. Its pretty sad. Old televisions (tube)... worn interiors... old fixtures... etc.

The hyatt regency SF, which I stayed at a few days ago, was infinitely better. I wouldnt stay at this hotel again in this state.

As of today, there's quite a bit of scaffolding up over the front of the hotel which means they're working on the facade as well.
Ive seen the scaffolding up since late last year. Def needs a reno.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold; Marriott Lifetime Silver; IHG Plat Amb; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ERQTraveler

ERQ
I just took advantage of the $129 rate at the GH the last weekend in June and then called in to apply my suite upgrade. I was told that all the executive suites will be undergoing renovation at that time and they couldn't confirm it. So... having learned on FT that if you don't get the answer you want to call back. Confirmed! Thanks, FT!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by hautecouTours
I just took advantage of the $129 rate at the GH the last weekend in June and then called in to apply my suite upgrade. I was told that all the executive suites will be undergoing renovation at that time and they couldn't confirm it. So... having learned on FT that if you don't get the answer you want to call back. Confirmed! Thanks, FT!
The real question is, who is correct? Is it the person who said the suites are being renovated and cannot be booked, or the person who said it was possible?

Just to be safe, I'd suggest mentally preparing yourself in case they cannot accommodate your suite upgrade. Good luck though. Hope it works out for you.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Grand Hyatt Renovation more photos!

If these photos are accurate I'm saying good bye to the Hyatt Regency Embarcadero. Club Level Rooms are planned to have hardwood floors.

http://www.indidesign.com/project-view.php?id=3

http://www.travelagentcentral.com/ho...ovations-25141
Old Mar 25, 2011, 1:50 pm

If these photos are accurate I'm saying good bye to the Hyatt Regency Embarcadero. Club Level Rooms are planned to have hardwood floors.

Wow that's nice. Has anyone stayed recently to confirm if the Grand Club floors are complete?

I'm guessing some of them are?
Old Mar 25, 2011, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT
I am planning to stay in Grand Hyatt SFO in April and beyond.

Is it a good hotel ? Any complaints other than it is old ?
Old Mar 25, 2011, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA 2P, HY Diamond

Thanks for the links. ^ It says the renovation to all the rooms "will be completed by the end of August 2011." I have a stay at the end of June. Hopefully I will get a renovated room for my stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.