Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2010, 8:16 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
If you are in SF over the weekend, check out St. Mary's Square Garage. I've often parked there when staying at the Grand Hyatt SF. It's a brisk 10-minute walk to the GH SF but is only $7 per weekend day (no in/out).
Old May 24, 2010, 8:29 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Originally Posted by Dodoldurian
Thank you very much for the information
Westin Market St is a good hotel (see my review on Trip Advisor), close to recommended (cheap) parking + SPG is running some good-to-great packages now.
Old May 24, 2010, 11:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Does any one know cheaper parking around that area, I am looking about paying around $20 overnight.
If your staying on a Saturday night the sutter/stockton weekend rate is very reasonable. When we stayed on a Saturday night, I think I paid something around $17 Sunday morning to get the car. It's is literally diagonally across from the Hyatt. It's very convenient, more so than Union Square garage.

The Hyatt on the other hand was nice, great location in Union Square but not really Grand like. For sure it's better than the Westin St. Francis imho. My favorite Hyatt in SF would be the HR in the Embarcadero.
Old May 25, 2010, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by cozkay
If your staying on a Saturday night the sutter/stockton weekend rate is very reasonable. When we stayed on a Saturday night, I think I paid something around $17 Sunday morning to get the car. It's is literally diagonally across from the Hyatt. It's very convenient, more so than Union Square garage.

The Hyatt on the other hand was nice, great location in Union Square but not really Grand like. For sure it's better than the Westin St. Francis imho. My favorite Hyatt in SF would be the HR in the Embarcadero.
17 is nice, though I heard that there might be some lots around the chinatown for 10 bucks or so.
Old May 25, 2010, 12:20 am

Programs: UA,AA
Originally Posted by cozkay

I know that garage, and thanks for the great information and great price for weekend too.
Old May 25, 2010, 12:23 am

I know that garage, and thanks for the great information and great price for weekend too.
can I in and out couple times in this garage?
btw, how about the price in weekdays?
Old May 25, 2010, 9:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by apollo_liumin
can I in and out couple times in this garage?
btw, how about the price in weekdays?

It's only $8 (after 5pm and leave by 8am) for evenings any night. $3 an hour after 8am, except for Sunday the max would be around $16 if you are in after 5pm Saturday and out later than 12pm Sunday. No in and out, I guess you could pay accordingly if you did. Doesn't work out so great weekdays, but I'm usually here on the weekends.

Sutter Stockton Garage
(415) 982-8370
444 Stockton Street (open 24 hours a day) Day Rates: 0-1 hour $3; 1-2 hours $6; 2-3 hours $9; 3-4 hours $12; 4-5 hours $15; 5-6 hours $18; 6-7 hours $21; 7-8 hours $24; 8-24 hours $34. Evening Rates: 0-1 hour $2; 1-2 hours $4; 2-3 hours $6; 3+ hours $8; Sunday Rates: 0-1 hour $2; 1-2 hours $4; 2-3 hours $5.50; 3+ hours $7.50
Old May 26, 2010, 6:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

I have had the occasion, and pleasure, to stay at this property twice in the last couple months, and four times in the last year.

Each time, the Front Desk staff has done the entire process by the book----my book, that is, about how to welcome guests, use of name, recognition of status in a simple way, amenity offer, etc. A very nice welcome each time!

For Diamond benefits, I've never had to ask about the amenity or RC access. Most times, I've been put on the RC floor; but when it wasn't available, that was explained to me at check-in.

I have called the front office in advance of a stay, explaining that I was going to have two rooms, and wanted a connector. The manager with whom I spoke couldn't have been more accommodating and pleasant, and even checked in with me on the day of my arrival.

Rooms have always been comfortable. Any slight problems I've had, and they've been nothing major (a missing iron, for example), were addressed immediately.

I found one thing here that is so refreshing: CONSISTENCY.

Nice job by the staff there!
Old Jul 10, 2010, 8:32 pm
hch

Just stayed at the property on a priceline booking. Presented my Platinum card at check in and the clerk put it in, apologizing that he might not have the exact room I want given that my number got in so late, which was fine with me - if I really cared I could have called them earlier.

All staff has been extremly nice, and I got a room with a nice view on a high floor. The free internet worked out very well, too. The only really confusing things was that the breakfast buffet didn't offer butter - I had to ask for it specificly every time. Note sure why they're trying to trick their customers into eating unhealthy artifical butter replacements.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:12 pm

I just checked out of the hotel today. I was a little concerned/curious about the hotel since many have said the hotel is badly outdated. I really didn't think it was that bad at all. The only thing that really needed updating (to me) was the TV. It definitely needs an HDTV.

The room was not very large but I found it to be more spacious than the Hilton in Chinatown (aka Hilton Financial District). I would stay there again. The location is great.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 11:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Does anyone know if they check ids for corporate rates here? I don't have any of my business cards left and don't want to get stuck. Do they have the check-in machines so I can just get the keys from a machine?
Old Aug 14, 2010, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
I use the AAA rates here and I have consistently been asked to show the card. Yes they do have check-in machines- they are to the left of the check-in desk. I have never used them so I don't know if they require an agent to check the card.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I use the AAA rates here and I have consistently been asked to show the card. Yes they do have check-in machines- they are to the left of the check-in desk. I have never used them so I don't know if they require an agent to check the card.
Thanks, do you think they would allow a printed out itinerary of my trip on company letterhead?
Old Aug 18, 2010, 5:45 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Here's another parking tip. If you are renting a car, there is a National Car rental center 2 blocks away up on Bush St. You can rent a car one-way back to SFO airport at no extra one way charge, this location is considered a co-station with SFO. So I usually fly in, take the BART into the city and just stay on foot while in the city and then on the last day rent a one way to SFO at whatever # of days I want for the rest of the trip so there is no extra parking cost by avoiding having a car in the city.

Hertz is a couple blocks to the SE, I don't know if they will charge you extra on the one-way. A lot of times they want to get the cars back to the airport so they won't.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 2:02 am

Programs: UA - Platinum; Starwood - Platinum; Alaska - MVP75; IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Gold
Need parking tips please. We are going to be at GH SFO this Saturday through Monday morning for a wedding. We really don't want to pay $114 for parking for 2 nights. Any tip would be greatly appreciated.
We are driving from San Mateo CA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.