Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
The best views are those facing the north bay from floor 20 and higher. Be aware that this hotel is undergoing a renovation and I understand the top floors and the Grand Club will be closed for a period of time (I'm not sure exactly when).
Old May 8, 2011, 12:46 am

How the views compare with the Hyatt Regency SF?
Old May 8, 2011, 1:15 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
The HR has a different view of the Bay bc it's closer to the water. The view from the lounge at the HR is very nice, in my opinion, bc you can see the Bay Bridge very clearly. It's a shorter hotel and not on a hill so a lot (most?) of the rooms face the street and do not have a bay view.

The GH rooms either have a partial view of the Bay looking across Market St., a westward view of the City torwards the ocean, or a nice view of the Bay and Alcatraz. But the rooms with the nicest views would be the ones that face north, and that's the thin side of the hotel, so only mb 15% of the rooms. But since it's on a hill, all the rooms on the higher floors have scenic views of at least the city.
Old May 8, 2011, 1:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
How long is the club supposed to be closed ?
Old May 12, 2011, 3:50 am

I have a family stay (2 rooms) over forth of July weekend. Is the regency club suppose to be open? If not, will I get BK for the whole family in the restaurant? evening snacks?
I'll appreciate any feedback.
Old May 12, 2011, 11:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Currently staying at this property. The club is closed for renovation but a temporary club is set up in 1824. There are two additions to the room that were not available during my stay last month - toothpaste and slippers.
Old May 13, 2011, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by totmode
Currently staying at this property. The club is closed for renovation but a temporary club is set up in 1824. There are two additions to the room that were not available during my stay last month - toothpaste and slippers.
How is the offerings in the temp club?
Old May 13, 2011, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ehud
How is the offerings in the temp club?
The offerings are the same as last month when I was here. Breakfast (6:00AM - 10:00AM) is the usual continental with smoked salmon. Hors d'oeuvres (5:00PM - 7:00PM) are salad and finger foods (vegetable sushi and shrimp on a spoon of sauce last night; beef skewer and chips, salsa and guacamole this evening). Not sure about the dessert (7:30PM - 9:00PM).
Old May 28, 2011, 9:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
The offerings in the temp club are nothing to be excited about. I'm here this weekend and all we had tonight was chips, guacamole, cheap cheese and veggies. It was standing room only tonight for these weak offerings in the tiny temp. club. Meanwhile down the street my buddy staying at the JW Marriott has a wonderful display of appetizers, drinks and desserts. Hyatt can be SO CHEAP!!!

The newly renovated rooms are nice but there is one MAJOR PROBLEM. No ventilation in the bathroom or room. My windows have been fogged over for the past 3 hours.

Last edited by Radiant Flyer; May 28, 2011 at 9:39 pm
Old May 28, 2011, 10:44 pm

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
The offerings in the temp club are nothing to be excited about. I'm here this weekend and all we had tonight was chips, guacamole, cheap cheese and veggies. It was standing room only tonight for these weak offerings in the tiny temp. club. Meanwhile down the street my buddy staying at the JW Marriott has a wonderful display of appetizers, drinks and desserts. Hyatt can be SO CHEAP!!!

The newly renovated rooms are nice but there is one MAJOR PROBLEM. No ventilation in the bathroom or room. My windows have been fogged over for the past 3 hours.
Is the room has a "Grand Hyatt" Factor Radiant Flyer? When I stayed in the old room, I do not think it is a Grand Hyatt, more of like Hyatt Regency IMHO. Have a good day Radiant Flyer!
Old May 28, 2011, 11:14 pm
Suspended

The old rooms here are more like motel 6, not Regency... My point is about the air in the room. You take a shower and the bathroom and the bedroom are all fogged up... windows and mirrors. The windows in my room have been fogged up for almost 5 hours now. Engineering has been up to the room and said it's because it is COLD outside... this is San Francisco it is always cold outside... then he told me becuase your on a high floor... Um no I own a condo in NYC on the 34th floor never had the problem. They have a new A/C system in the room and it is malfunctioning in my room. It's humid... and not so Grand for a Grand Hyatt.

I like the room decor, it's sort of like the "Hyatt Regency" in Monterey, the same company that did that renovation also is doing the renovation here at the Grand.

When everything is done this will be a great hotel to stay at. The new club is to open in July, all the rooms are to be completed by August, later this year the lobby will start renovation. I sure hope the new club will be just as Grand as the Hyatt Regency Embarcadero.

Originally Posted by HaryoS
Is the room has a "Grand Hyatt" Factor Radiant Flyer? When I stayed in the old room, I do not think it is a Grand Hyatt, more of like Hyatt Regency IMHO. Have a good day Radiant Flyer!
Old May 29, 2011, 1:40 am

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Explorist, SPG gold
Currently staying at the Grand Hyatt. First time. Rooms are nicely decorated, and remind me of the HR Santa Clara. Thought the bathroom was very nicely done and nice touch with the new phones in the rooms. Personally did not notice the fogging up of the windows as others pointed out, but noticed the windows were pretty dirty from the outside.

Overall, stay was great, people very friendly and willing to help. Used parking at Sutter garage for some serious savings.

One downside. Had the AAA Breakfast rate and was seriously disappointed in the morning. This was probabaly one of the least impressive breakfast buffets that I had in a Grand Hyatt. And this is San Fran known for its cuisine. Also, nothing stood out from the a la carte menu except for the "Japanese Breakfast", but decided against it since the waiter said it would take 25 min. Wondering if anyone can recommend a decent breakfast place nearby for my next visit.
Old May 29, 2011, 7:33 pm
Suspended

The Regency Club Offerings are just a tad better tonight. I personally think they should have kept it closed and offered the 2,500 bonus points. If there are more than 10 people in the temp club it's too crowded. I also had the AAA Breakfast Rate, I agree this is the most disappointing breakfast buffets I've seen at any Hyatt. Embarcadero, SFO and Santa Clara breakfast buffet are much better. The Sacramento Hyatt has an awesome buffet and it's free for diamonds on the weekend when the club is closed. Hopefully the SF Grand will improve the menu after they remodel the 36th floor. BTW the gym on the 35th floor is awesome, beautiful views, very well done!!!

Here are a few places I recommend in the Union Square / North Beach Area.

Dottie's True Blue Cafe... one of the best in the Union Square Area for breakfast. Large Omelets, pancakes etc.

Sears Fine Food - Food is ok to good but this is an Old Historic SF Institution. Great Hash-browns. Typical diner breakfast.

Mama's in North Beach... very good. popular North Beach place.

If you don't mind taking the MUNI Subway or driving...

Crepes on Cole - Cole Valley

Rose's Cafe on Union Street in Cow Hollow

Chloe's Cafe on Church St. in Noe Valley - SF Favorite always a line but worth the wait. The banana walnut pancakes are yummy!!!!

Ella's on Presido at California - Another great breakfast place in SF.

All the neighborhoods in SF have some great breakfast places, if there is a line you know it's got to be good.

Originally Posted by coterie
One downside. Had the AAA Breakfast rate and was seriously disappointed in the morning. This was probabaly one of the least impressive breakfast buffets that I had in a Grand Hyatt. And this is San Fran known for its cuisine. Also, nothing stood out from the a la carte menu except for the "Japanese Breakfast", but decided against it since the waiter said it would take 25 min. Wondering if anyone can recommend a decent breakfast place nearby for my next visit.
Old May 29, 2011, 9:38 pm
Suspended

Diamond Service - Grand Hyatt SF!!!

Beyond the fogged up windows in my room and the so so breakfast buffet I wanted to share some outstanding customer service I had experienced at this hotel.

I must say the check in was one of the BEST I have ever had at a Hyatt. Gliezl Cayago was outstanding and does Hyatt proud. She was so friendly, professional and WELCOMING!!! It was the best check in I have had at a Hyatt in years!!! It's so nice to encounter a Hyatt employee that shares the love of her job with you.. 5 stars!!! I also found the men in the Regency Club to be very friendly and welcoming. I think this hotel has a lot of long term employees who enjoy what they do and it shows.

I know a lot of the time we like to post the negative but I did not want to pass up an opportunity to say thank you to the staff at this hotel. Job well done. I had an excellent stay.

There are many exciting changes happening at this hotel and I look forward to enjoying them. The renovated room are beautiful and can't wait to see the new Regency Club, 36th Floor and Lobby... My days at the Regency Embarcadero are done, Grand Hyatt SF is now GRAND AGAIN^^^
Old May 29, 2011, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Explorist, SPG gold
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
Beyond the fogged up windows in my room and the so so breakfast buffet I wanted to share some outstanding customer service I had experienced at this hotel.

I must say the check in was one of the BEST I have ever had at a Hyatt. Gliezl Cayago was outstanding and does Hyatt proud. She was so friendly, professional and WELCOMING!!! It was the best check in I have had at a Hyatt in years!!! It's so nice to encounter a Hyatt employee that shares the love of her job with you.. 5 stars!!! I also found the men in the Regency Club to be very friendly and welcoming. I think this hotel has a lot of long term employees who enjoy what they do and it shows.

I know a lot of the time we like to post the negative but I did not want to pass up an opportunity to say thank you to the staff at this hotel. Job well done. I had an excellent stay.

There are many exciting changes happening at this hotel and I look forward to enjoying them. The renovated room are beautiful and can't wait to see the new Regency Club, 36th Floor and Lobby... My days at the Regency Embarcadero are done, Grand Hyatt SF is now GRAND AGAIN^^^
Nice, Radiant Flyer. Also thanks for the review on the breakfast places in SF. I've tried most of the other places that might need a cab/car to go from GHSF, but I will be sure to check out Dottie's True Blue Cafe that seems to be doable walking. Mama's is definitely a solid recommendation, YUM. Hopefully the 36 renovation will also include the food as well. It is a Grand Hyatt after all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.