Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Cancun Caribe (No Longer Hyatt) JOINT REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Cancun Caribe (No Longer Hyatt) JOINT REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2008, 10:38 am

Hyatt Cancun Caribe

Are there Tennis courts on the Hotel grounds? The hotel site says tennis is available in Cancun, however some sites say the hotel has tennis courts. I can not remember any from my last visit but never really looked and the weather was terrible.

Also I've read stories on tripadvisor about people being stopped bringing food and drink from outside into their rooms. Is this strictly enforced? I am staying for quite a long time so would be wanted to bring water etc. to the room

Thanks
Westers
Old Dec 16, 2008, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by westers
Are there Tennis courts on the Hotel grounds? The hotel site says tennis is available in Cancun, however some sites say the hotel has tennis courts. I can not remember any from my last visit but never really looked and the weather was terrible.

Also I've read stories on tripadvisor about people being stopped bringing food and drink from outside into their rooms. Is this strictly enforced? I am staying for quite a long time so would be wanted to bring water etc. to the room

Thanks
Westers
There are not tennis courts on the grounds of either hotel. As for taking food into the hotel, I had no problem, whatsoever, at either.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 3:55 am

Question Cancun Hyatts - Caribe or HR ?

I am planning a trip to Cancun with my family in March 2009. I am just Platinum with Hyatt and intend to make a mixed booking of paid nigts (together with suite upgrade voucher) and award nights (Club room). Both hotels are 10,000 for a club room award, the room rate of the HR is slightly cheaper.

I did a search,but could not find a comparison of both properties. Which hotel would you choose? How are the rooms / suites compared with each other, how is the club lounge of the two hotels? Any diffferences in location or beach? Which one is better with two kids (age 3)?

Thank you in advace for your comments.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 8:41 am

Can anyone help, please?

I trying to finalize my stay in February and would be greatful to receive some info?

Thank you.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 10:07 am

My Vote

Caribe by all means, I stayed at both, allthough the HR is cheaper and gives more points, the Caribe is the nicer and has a beach. If you do stay at the HR get a North faceing room, the noise is unbearable on the south side. The HR is in the party end of the strip. There are great shops and restraunts a walk away just south at the Caribe. The bus allso stops just in front and is cheap. Get transport before you go (gray line)
Old Jan 4, 2009, 10:52 am

I've stayed at the Caribe twice but never at the other Hyatt in Cancun so I can't offer a direct comparison.

My impression of the Caribe is that it is a fading older property, though still pleasant in some ways. Definitely in need of renovation (I don't know if this has been done since my last visit several years back).

The beach at the Caribe is gorgeous with crystal-clear water however the violent shore break made swimming hazardous. Definitely do not let your kids swim at that beach.

The two times I visited there was a real problem with aggressive timeshare touts harassing patrons walking between the lobby area and the elevator.

The Caribe is a five minute bus ride from the center of things in Cancun and a bus stops right in front of the hotel every few minutes.

Overall we enjoyed the Caribe but if we return to Cancun in the future we will stay elsewhere.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
The Caribe is a nicer property with a superior location. My wife, my two-year-old son, and I vacationed there in July. It has two pools; the larger one is great for the kids. It also has a decent playground area. Your kids might also enjoy the peacocks that stroll around the premises.

The beach in front looks nice, but is virtually unusable, unfortunately, because it is very rocky. The shore break may also be an issue for your children.

I also prefer the Caribe because it is a much shorter bus ride from the night clubs, restaurants, and shops in what I consider to be the heart of the zona hotelera than the Regency.

You might also find the TripAdvisor reviews of the Caribe and Regency helpful.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 2:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Transportation from Airport

How do you recommend getting to either hotel frorm the airport and how much hassel is it? Two trips to Puerto Rico have convinced me middle-aged white guys born in Kansas with no Spanish skills don't need to be driving south of Key West.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by jayer
How do you recommend getting to either hotel frorm the airport and how much hassel is it? Two trips to Puerto Rico have convinced me middle-aged white guys born in Kansas with no Spanish skills don't need to be driving south of Key West.
Have the hotel arrange the transportation. They can meet you at the airport's exit holding up a sign with your name.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jayer
How do you recommend getting to either hotel frorm the airport and how much hassel is it?
I'd take a colectivo (shared van) from the airport to the hotel. Should run you $9-12 per person. You'll probably make a few stops along the way to drop off other passengers, but it is no big deal. Wait until you get outside the terminal to buy your tickets. Brush off the touts inside the terminal. The ticket seller will speak passable English and will write down your destination for the driver (who probably will understand a nominal amount of English as well). "Hyatt Caribe, por favor" ought to be the most Spanish you need for the journey.

On the way back to the airport, take a taxi. It should cost you about $20-25, about half what you'd pay to take a taxi from the airport.

The rest of the time, taking the buses on Kukulcan Blvd. is easy and inexpensive (7 pesos). And, the buses run 24 hours a day.

Originally Posted by KansasMike
Have the hotel arrange the transportation. They can meet you at the airport's exit holding up a sign with your name.
Expensive and unnecessary, in my opinion.

Last edited by SAT Lawyer; Jan 5, 2009 at 3:54 pm
Old Jan 7, 2009, 5:00 am

Thanks a lot for all your input.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 10:52 am

Hyatt has ceased management of the Hyatt Cancun Caribe

http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/about/pre...akingNews_HPNS
Old Jan 9, 2009, 12:08 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I wonder what happens to future award stays already booked?

I hate it when my favorite redemption opportunity bites the dust. It happens time after time when something is too good to be true.

I hope we'll eventually learn the reason for this change.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 10:16 am

Location: Iowa/Illinois the Heartland of the United States CID/MLI/DBQ/ORD
Programs: UA/PremEx; AA; Hyatt/DIA; Hilton/GLD; Starwood/GLD
This is now the Cancun Caribe - Park Royal Grand.

As of January 8th this hotel was taken over by the Royal Holiday Group/Inmobiliaria Cancun Caribe, S.A. de cv which has been the Owning Company for more than 20 yrs of this hotel known as the Hyatt Cancun Caribe and renaming it Cancun Caribe Park Royal Grand.

HYATT BREAKING NEWS
Hyatt Cancun Caribe

Effective as of 3 p.m., Central Standard Time, January 8, 2008, and due to unforeseen circumstances, Hyatt Hotels and Resorts regrets to announce that it has ceased management of the Hyatt Cancun Caribe hotel in Cancun, Mexico.
http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:...lnk&cd=6&gl=us

Cancun Caribe - Park Royal Grand:
http://www.parkroyalhotels.com.mx/ca...ing/cancun.htm
Old Feb 17, 2009, 10:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA 1K, Avis First, Hilton Gold
Question Diamond Status / Regency Club

I will be visiting this property using FFNs later this week and I was wondering if Diamonds are automatically upgraded to Regency Club Level with lounge access? I've read on the terms and conditions at Hyatt.com that properties outside of the U.S. and Canada are not obligated to offer club access...

Does anyone know if this is true for this and other international properties?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.