Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Cancun Caribe (No Longer Hyatt) JOINT REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Cancun Caribe (No Longer Hyatt) JOINT REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2013, 10:27 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
But for a low key stay, Cancun hits the spot...
Staying at the HR Cancun, you'll want to insist on a room on the water side. Facing the civilization side presents a challenge, as the neighborhood at the end of Blvd. Kukulcan can get pretty noisy at night from the acoustics of the nearby open stages and the tall hotels.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 7:58 pm
K79

Does anyone know if the Regency Club is open and if the food option ($250 for $500 worth of food) is offer during the Christmas holidays. How much does hotel charge for transportation to and from airport? Thanks.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
The Zilaria , which is a bit closer to the Airport, charges $60. You can do much better just getting a cab at the airport. We will be coming in late in March so rather than get a car at that time we will just get the cab at the airport. The Regency Club is open and was just fine last time we were there. I saw on the web site that the food offer was still available, $200 for a $100 purchase.
The food is not quite fantastic and there are lots of options in that area. We go to the Zilaria for a night, Hyatt's new all inclusive, and then drive to the Riveria Maya for a week.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 2:34 pm
K79

Originally Posted by Simba
The Zilaria , which is a bit closer to the Airport, charges $60. You can do much better just getting a cab at the airport. We will be coming in late in March so rather than get a car at that time we will just get the cab at the airport. The Regency Club is open and was just fine last time we were there. I saw on the web site that the food offer was still available, $200 for a $100 purchase.
The food is not quite fantastic and there are lots of options in that area. We go to the Zilaria for a night, Hyatt's new all inclusive, and then drive to the Riveria Maya for a week.
Thanks for the information. I would stay at Zilara if it wasn't a fam trip. Do you have any recommendations for food around the Regency? I'm not sure about getting a car rental at this time.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 2:54 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by K79
Thanks for the information. I would stay at Zilara if it wasn't a fam trip. Do you have any recommendations for food around the Regency? I'm not sure about getting a car rental at this time.
Surfin Burritos was awesome. Just a few short blocks away. Huge burritos, great fish tacos, and giant frozen drinks all at a reasonable price. This is a shack but the food was great and very reasonable. There were a ton of places within walking distance but we took advantage of double dollars and ate mostly at the hotel. We were there last February. Biggest complaint was that the pools were too cold.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:29 pm
K79

Thanks for all the info. I'll check it out if I make it down there.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 1:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Booked a few nights for a spring break getaway with the family. P&C as a diamond. Suites not available, so will be in a regular room.

I know from the reviews here and on trip advisor to keep my expectations tempered. There haven't been any recent reports, but should I ask/expect for an ocean view room as a Diamond? The hotel 2:1 dining worth doing still, and what should we expect to spend for 4 days or so?

After this !#% winter, we'll just be happy to be somewhere warm
Old Mar 19, 2014, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I suggest that the best side is "the same side as the Regency Club lounge is on". That has a view of the interesting lagoon - which has a mosaic seaweed pattern - and neighboring hotels a comfortable distance away - but you don't get the music. Also, you get the sunset. And that view might include (the hotel is round) the dolphin pool where people ride the dolphins at the hotel next door. I think it's "southwest", but I'm not certain - that's the reason for the "landmark" reference. Facing the ocean is next - and quite fine and relaxing - but it's much less interesting IMO - in case that matters. The only item of interest in the ocean direction is Isla de la Mujeres way way off in the distance. Oh, and the constant progression of weddings in the gazebo down at the point. I haven't stayed there since the beach was rebuilt - so can't comment on your other questions.

Last edited by Firewind; Mar 19, 2014 at 6:04 pm
Old Mar 19, 2014, 8:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
@Firewind - thanks for your response. Will check in with the hotel a few days before we arrive and inquire. May do the dolphin thing, we'll see.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 7:28 pm

Programs: AS 100K
hello all,

i booked four nights at the HR Cancun during memorial day weekend (late may). I did a cash+points redemption for three people. What would happen if I try to add a fourth adult? Is this property strict about having more people in the room than what the reservation tells them?

i see that their double rooms half a max occupancy of 4 people, so I figure i wouldn't get charged more.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 6:38 pm

To - partially - explain the new title...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...4-30-14-a.html

And also, Hyatt's not out of Cancun. Remember the new Zilara. (Probably ought to have seen this coming the moment the Zilara was announced.)

To digress, when I hopped between this and the Cancun Caribe in 2008 - $63-$70/night earning FFNs - I was at this one on its very "last night". All the brand stuff - not the ephemera, exactly - was heaped out in front of the porte cochere as scrap metal in the morning. There was no notice. It was going to become part of the hotel with the dolphins next door. It didn't. But the Caribe left Hyatt less than a month later.

ETA: To explain "partially" ... It's not about the title change, but that there is probably more explanation to the change on the ground - er - beach.

Last edited by Firewind; Mar 25, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.