Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Cancun Caribe (No Longer Hyatt) JOINT REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Cancun Caribe (No Longer Hyatt) JOINT REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2008, 11:33 am

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
I stayed at the Cancun Caribe in the RC section on Feb 15 and loved it. Great value for 10,000 points. The room was fantastic right on the ocean and the beach was great for swimming. The RC was beautiful, we sat outside and enjoyed drinks and the crashing waves. As someone else reported, the check-in was awful. Several people in front of us were exchanging money and we were tired from a long travel day so did not appreciate the 30 minute wait. Once I got to the front the desk attendant claimed I had no reservation and instructed me to "stand back, we are full & you have no reservation and I need to help others". I then approached the other person and showed him my written confirmation.They need to work on their check-in!!
Old Jun 4, 2008, 9:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Check in, as has been reported earlier, is awful. We had just flown SFO-MIA-CUN and are flight was delayed so we were exhausted and didn't appreciate that the 5-6 front desk staff standing around wouldn't check us in. I had booked a Regency Suite and requested Quiet Room, High Floor, Away from elevators so of course we got a ground floor room next to the guest and service elevators which was very noisy at night. Questioning the room and my requests was met with blank stares. The only amenity were 3 apples, not even a bottle of water.

The hotel was fairly busy as there was a convention on. We made the mistake of entering the business centre, thinking it was the lobby and my arm was grabbed by a security guy and I was pushed back out of the door

RC staff were good but didn't know much about the area. Breakfast was OK but got boring after 4 days. The drinks in the evening have to be ordered apart from the wine - don't touch the white it is absolutely foul. Not much in the way of food and nothing hot.

Pool near the RC is good and was fairly quiet but the day we left a US graduation party arrived - I have a feeling things were about to get a little busier.

Also beware if you change $ to Pesos that the hotel will not change them back to $.

Cancun Valet - great service and excellent value
Old Jul 2, 2008, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
We are leaving for Cancun and the Caribe tomorrow. Does the hotel offer free internet access -- wired or wi-fi -- in the rooms? If so, I will bring my laptop. If not, I will leave it behind.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 9:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
We are leaving for Cancun and the Caribe tomorrow. Does the hotel offer free internet access -- wired or wi-fi -- in the rooms? If so, I will bring my laptop. If not, I will leave it behind.
Was quite expensive IIRC - I used an internet cafe in the nearby shopping centre
Old Jul 2, 2008, 10:41 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Was quite expensive IIRC - I used an internet cafe in the nearby shopping centre
It's about $16 for 24 hours.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 11:47 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
The drinks in the evening have to be ordered apart from the wine - don't touch the white it is absolutely foul. Not much in the way of food and nothing hot.
This is a pretty dramatic change from when we were there last year, can anyone else confirm this is now standard for the evening offerings?
Old Jul 4, 2008, 8:00 am
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Beckles
This is a pretty dramatic change from when we were there last year, can anyone else confirm this is now standard for the evening offerings?
I didn't hear any complaints about the white wine, but there was no hot food in the evening during my recent visit. I didn't even notice the discrepancy until you quoted it here. This hotel is still an outstanding value at 10k for a RC room.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by nsx
This hotel is still an outstanding value at 10k for a RC room.
Which is why we have reservations for this Thanksgiving Still disappointing that it sounds like we won't be able to do a light dinner in the RC like we did during our last stay
Old Aug 17, 2008, 1:35 am
Suspended

any updates please. thanks.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by jkc22
...there's also free shuttle between hotels.......
I'd like to do a mattress run, back and forth between these two hotels next month. If we can stipulate to how crazy this might sound, does this shuttle still exist? Is it reliable? Is it feasible overall logistically to do this? If so, which one should I stay at first and last (considering the cost of getting from/to the airport)? Thank you.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, WN CP & A-List +, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,
When we were there in April, there wasn't a regular shuttle run between the two properties. But when we were moving from the Caribe to the Regency they immediately transported us in their van when we asked.

If you don't much luggage, the city busses are also very convenient and cheap. There's only one main drag, and you can take any of the busses that come by.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 12:54 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Smile

Thanks, richee, for the good news. Which hotel is closer to the airport?
Old Aug 28, 2008, 8:22 am
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Firewind
Thanks, richee, for the good news. Which hotel is closer to the airport?
The Cancun Caribe is very slightly closer to the airport, but they are within half a mile of each other. No real difference for airport transportation.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by nsx
The Cancun Caribe is very slightly closer to the airport, but they are within half a mile of each other. No real difference for airport transportation.
It's more like a mile, on this map the Caribe is #51 and the Regency is #41, they are definitely over 1 km apart (Caribe is just south of the 10 km marker while the Regency is north then east of the 11 km marker), I would guesstimate it at about 1.6 km, or 1 mile, based on that map.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 1:07 pm

Smile

Thanks, nsx and Beckles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.