Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
I have an upcoming stay and read the entire thread. I saw some common themes, and thought it would be useful to start a wiki. Please feel free to update or correct anything. I haven't stayed here, so the information is based on the contents of the thread:

- Diamond Suite Upgrades are NOT available at this property.
- Diamond members receive a complimentary full breakfast for up to 4 guests.
- The beds are very firm platform beds. I saw a few posts where a foam pad for the top of the bed was requested.
- Docked cruise ships that may obstruct the view from the Harbour view rooms.
- The hotel is 4 stories.

The concierge desk offers a weekly tour of the Rocks on Saturday.

Link that shows when cruise ships will be docked opposite the hotel:
https://www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/...ruise-schedule

Room Types and Floorplans:
https://www.scribd.com/document/3404...t-Sydney-Rooms

Expert Review posted in Luxury Forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-reviews/r-wonderful-park-hyatt-sydney-stay-and-city-harbor-view-with-a-few-caveats-1943
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:45 pm

Thanks all. Sad, just checked the Saturday night availability and it says hotel is possibly booked out. I guess it sounds like I not gonna be able to check in early on Sunday.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 12:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You picked the worst arrival date for an early checkin, but who knows....
Old Mar 23, 2017, 12:13 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gnomey
Thanks all. Sad, just checked the Saturday night availability and it says hotel is possibly booked out. I guess it sounds like I not gonna be able to check in early on Sunday.
Have you reached out to the hotel to ask?

The issue is that most international flights arrive in the morning peak at SYD 6-9AM do the vast majority of guests all want early check in.

Why not throw some points at the HR and prebook a night on cash and points, go there, shower, rest and then head over to the PH at 3PM?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Have you reached out to the hotel to ask?

The issue is that most international flights arrive in the morning peak at SYD 6-9AM do the vast majority of guests all want early check in.

Why not throw some points at the HR and prebook a night on cash and points, go there, shower, rest and then head over to the PH at 3PM?
That sounds likes a lot of trouble to me. PH can sure arrange shower for him even he couldn't get a room
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:26 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ausriver
That sounds likes a lot of trouble to me. PH can sure arrange shower for him even he couldn't get a room
Depends on comfort. We prebook the same room for convenience.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 6:14 am

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Recent two night stay here, booked as an award. Received an Opera Deluxe room without asking. Very spacious room with an amazing view.

Great hotel with excellent service. Loved the Globalist breakfast too, which included the buffet as well as ala carte menu.
Old May 5, 2017, 6:05 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold, IHG Gold, UA Silver
Would anyone share a DP on whether PHS allows Globalist breakfast served in room? In the past, I have had in-room breakfast at PH Toronto & PH Chicago, but at PH Sydney, they have charged me. Are there any standards around it as to which hotels charge, which doesn't charge for in-room dining?
Old May 5, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold, IHG Gold, UA Silver
Just to share my experience, I landed at around 7:30 and was at Hotel around 9. They let us use the swimming pool and Shower in the gym to freshen up while the room gets ready. Was given harbour/city view room, but was able to see Opera house without craning the neck. There were 2 kids and 2 adults, so they offered to put in a roll away bed, and even with that in the room, I felt there was enough room to move around. Most the staff was very friendly. All in all a decent stay except for the breakfast issue mentioned in my previous post. Any help with it would be greatly appreciated.
Old May 5, 2017, 6:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vinay2543
Would anyone share a DP on whether PHS allows Globalist breakfast served in room? In the past, I have had in-room breakfast at PH Toronto & PH Chicago, but at PH Sydney, they have charged me. Are there any standards around it as to which hotels charge, which doesn't charge for in-room dining?
The standard is that unless they tell you that it's a free benefit you will be charged.... Glob status doesn't give you free room-service unless a property offers it as a gesture.
Old May 5, 2017, 8:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by vinay2543
Are there any standards around it as to which hotels charge, which doesn't charge for in-room dining?
Under the WoH T&C (and GP before) room service breakfast is not a benefit.

Breakfast benefit (where provided) is not valid for in-room dining.
A small number of properties offer an exception. It is NOT an entitlement in any way, shape or form.
Old May 15, 2017, 1:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
Here tonight.

I'm a 'real' Globalist with 40 nights to date this year, and average around 100 if that makes a difference.

Used free night we all received in March, booked Park King,
Checked in and upgraded to amazing Opera Deluxe.
Not a suite, but sweet enough. Epic view of Opera House.

Previously was at Four Seasons Sydney.. That place is a dump comparatively.

I'm very pleased with the result.
Old May 16, 2017, 3:54 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Review posted in Luxury Forum

Hey everyone. I posted my review of our recent 4 night stay at the PH Sydney in the Luxury Forum...since I'm a luxury hotel regular but not a Hyatt regular:

http://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revie...w-caveats-1943

I don't know if the Hyatt mods can also add that link to this forum or not.
Old May 16, 2017, 4:24 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Hey everyone. I posted my review of our recent 4 night stay at the PH Sydney in the Luxury Forum...since I'm a luxury hotel regular but not a Hyatt regular:

http://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revie...w-caveats-1943

I don't know if the Hyatt mods can also add that link to this forum or not.
Great TR.
Old May 16, 2017, 7:51 pm
Suspended

Is this hotel worth 30k points per night? Not asking on a monetary basis (it clearly is). But more so if the hotel justifies using that many points or if there are better options around Sydney.
Old May 16, 2017, 8:03 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by GeorgeLopez
Is this hotel worth 30k points per night? Not asking on a monetary basis (it clearly is). But more so if the hotel justifies using that many points or if there are better options around Sydney.
We used 30K per night for 4 nights for my mother's room. It was totally worth it for us. We also used 12K per night for the Westin for our final 1-2 nights. I had major issues at the Westin. Was the experience at the PH twice as good as that of the Westin? You bet it was.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.