Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2016, 4:09 pm

I was told there is a chance the opening of this hotel will get pushed back once again to 2017.
Hopefully that won't be the case and it will be open for the winter holidays this year!
Old Apr 15, 2016, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by agjil
I was told there is a chance the opening of this hotel will get pushed back once again to 2017.
Hopefully that won't be the case and it will be open for the winter holidays this year!
Any idea as to what it could possibly be?

Anyone pass by recently? How's the construction?
Old Apr 16, 2016, 12:27 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Folks, everything in BKK is slow as heck. The GM at the GH told me to expect 2017 - MID TO LATE YEAR at best. Welcome to Thailand.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
I haven't even seen any renderings of rooms or suites - but it's very disappointing that Hyatt postpones quarter by quarter knowing that they won't start before 2017.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by SMK77
I haven't even seen any renderings of rooms or suites - but it's very disappointing that Hyatt postpones quarter by quarter knowing that they won't start before 2017.
Only if you believe the developer. Don't. It will open when it opens. I'm sure Hyatt wants it to open as soon as possible.

Same like any other development project in Bangkok, only I suspect because of the skin and shape of this building, it's more complicated to build than other projects.

-David
Old Apr 17, 2016, 10:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
TIT = This Is Thailand.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 1:28 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
If Central Pattana wanted the PH to open next week, they would ABSOLUTELY MAKE IT HAPPEN. Look at Central Empty. They were in a rush to get that open.

I stand by what I said before. They will definitely have this place up in running before 28.1.17, which is CNY.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 8:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear FlyerTalkers:

We are pleased to announce that Hyatt has signed an agreement for the development of a brand new hotel in Bangkok, the Park Hyatt Bangkok. The iconic hotel will be located in a prime location in the city’s central business district and will be scheduled to open in 2014. Park Hyatt Bangkok’s premier location within this rapidly growing international city and the spectacular design will be a standout in the Bangkok skyline. The hotel will feature 222 rooms, including 49 suites. The hotel will also feature all-day dining and specialty restaurants, a lobby lounge and specialty lounge, as well as a sky bar and restaurant with magnificent views of downtown Bangkok.

Sincerely,

-Nick B.
It is only a few months past 2014. Any more news from the Gold Passport Concierge? It is a good bet that the Bangkok Park Hyatt opens before we get more information on this from the Gold Passport Concierge. Hyatt social media staff has seemingly abandoned Flyertalk for any such helpful information.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 8:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by conde
It is only a few months past 2014. Any more news from the Gold Passport Concierge? It is a good bet that the Bangkok Park Hyatt opens before we get more information on this from the Gold Passport Concierge. Hyatt social media staff has seemingly abandoned Flyertalk for any such helpful information.
Hyatt just has a management contract. As mentioned above, I'm sure they'd like to see this property open asap.

And this would be at the very bottom of my list of issues for GP Concierge to address. We've seen several helpful posts lately on holding properties to GP rules, which I very much appreciate. And which I find much more important than an opening date which Hyatt does not control, in a city where there's already a very good Hyatt property.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Hyatt just has a management contract. As mentioned above, I'm sure they'd like to see this property open asap.

And this would be at the very bottom of my list of issues for GP Concierge to address. We've seen several helpful posts lately on holding properties to GP rules, which I very much appreciate. And which I find much more important than an opening date which Hyatt does not control, in a city where there's already a very good Hyatt property.
The Gold Passport Concierge thought the BKK Park Hyatt opening was important enough to start this thread with the original post. I hope that the GP Concierge proves me wrong and could provide a timely status update (Hyatt has not been accused as the source of delay).
Old Apr 17, 2016, 10:28 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hello Flyertalkers!

Our most recent information shows the Park Hyatt Bangkok with a tentative opening date of March 31, 2017.

Thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2016, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hello Flyertalkers!

Our most recent information shows the Park Hyatt Bangkok with a tentative opening date of March 31, 2017.

Thanks!
Thank You very much Gold Passport Concierge! It was great to receive a prompt reply. I am happy that you proved me wrong regarding previous doubts. It helps to have at least a tentative date for the Bangkok Park Hyatt Bangkok opening. I look forward to 2017
Old Apr 17, 2016, 11:27 pm

Another delay...
Old Apr 18, 2016, 12:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yep.... I see little rush here to open, probably the market isn't that good to open a new hotel in this price range.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 2:04 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RTW1
Yep.... I see little rush here to open, probably the market isn't that good to open a new hotel in this price range.
Decrease the price

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.