Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2020, 1:19 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by jinrop
I made a quick video of my stay in the room last year so Ill share in case anyone interested. Super nice room

https://vimeo.com/370766168

Complimentary
Thanks so much for sharing the video. Could you kindly share your experience regarding your stay at that suite?

Last edited by aceboy44; Jan 5, 2020 at 1:39 pm
Old Jan 5, 2020, 2:37 pm

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by aceboy44
Thanks so much for sharing the video. Could you kindly share your experience regarding your stay at that suite?
Was a surprise upgrade at the end of a 3 week stay in a park deluxe suite. I have spent about 30 nights a year at this property since it has opened and I would imagine am in their top tier VIP designation as I use the house limo almost daily and rack up large laundry and F&B bills here as well. Im definitely a high revenue guest for them as well as having become very friendly with most of the front desk staff. Three days before I checked out they told me they wanted to move me to a different room and it was definitely a big upgrade. They actually apologized that the penthouse wasn't available for the last few days of my stay as it was occupied! I honestly can't imagine how ridiculous the penthouse must be.

On a side note, I always book into a park deluxe suite (Use my TSU's here) and am usually upgraded to an executive suite, but frankly I prefer the park deluxe to the executive suite because the views from the park deluxe are usually better. Other than the diplomat suite, room 3212 (park deluxe) is my favorite room in the hotel.
aceboy44 likes this.

Last edited by jinrop; Jan 5, 2020 at 9:21 pm
Old Jan 5, 2020, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Was a surprise upgrade at the end of a 3 week stay in a park deluxe suite. I have spent about 30 nights a year at this property since it has opened and I would imagine am their top tier VIP designation as I use the house limo almost daily and rack up large laundry and F&B bills here as well. Im definitely a high revenue guest for them as well as having become very friendly with most of the front desk staff. Three days before I checked out they told me they wanted to move me to a different room and it was definitely a big upgrade. They actually apologized that the penthouse wasn't available for the last few days of my stay as it was occupied! I honestly can't imagine how ridiculous the penthouse must be.

On a side note, I always book into a park deluxe suite (Use my TSU's here) and am usually upgraded to an executive suite, but frankly I prefer the park deluxe to the executive suite because the views from the park deluxe are usually better. Other than the diplomat suite, room 3212 (park deluxe) is my favorite room in the hotel.
Being a high revenue, frequent guest Globalist is definitely a way to get premium suites.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 9:39 am

No Toto toilets even in suites?
Old Jan 18, 2020, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by princesakura
No Toto toilets even in suites?
Diplomat suite had a fancy toilet in the master but regular toilet in the powder room. Executive suite and below regular toilets. More strangely, 3112 abd 3212 are identical Park deluxe suites on the top floors. 3212 has a "bumgun" and 3112 does not.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 4:41 am

Diplomat suite had a fancy toilet in the master but regular toilet in the powder room. Executive suite and below regular toilets. More strangely, 3112 abd 3212 are identical Park deluxe suites on the top floors. 3212 has a "bumgun" and 3112 does not.
so one deluxe suite has a toto toilet but no other rooms that are below a diplomat suite?
also, what's the diff between a park suite king and park deluxe suite?

Last edited by yerffej201; Jan 25, 2020 at 5:31 am
Old Feb 20, 2020, 1:45 am

Breakfast here has taken a serious downgrade. Used to be a pretty good buffet and a small a la carte menu. Now there are fruit and pastries in the same section of the buffet that they were in previously, but no more hotline buffet, only the same smallish a.la carte menu. It's gone from being a pretty good breakfast (not waldorf astoria bangkok level good but still pretty good) to being barely passable.

Disappointing as a globalist with free breakfast, but LUDICROUS for those who are paying $30 USD for breakfast here now
Old Feb 20, 2020, 1:58 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Breakfast here has taken a serious downgrade. Used to be a pretty good buffet and a small a la carte menu. Now there are fruit and pastries in the same section of the buffet that they were in previously, but no more hotline buffet, only the same smallish a.la carte menu. It's gone from being a pretty good breakfast (not waldorf astoria bangkok level good but still pretty good) to being barely passable.

Disappointing as a globalist with free breakfast, but LUDICROUS for those who are paying $30 USD for breakfast here now
Thanks for reporting. I saw rates as low as 7.0k THB per night for one of my upcoming stays and I had never seen it this low. But I think I will stay with my other more regular options.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Cost cutting for sure. Not like I needed more reasons to stay away from here but breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

Last edited by Aventine; Feb 20, 2020 at 4:00 am
Old Feb 20, 2020, 4:33 am

Programs: WoH Globalist

If you don't mind me asking, what's on their a la carte menu now? Do they still serve the Falafel sandwich? I ask this since I'm checking in very soon (I hope I wont be disappointed.)

Last edited by aceboy44; Feb 20, 2020 at 4:41 am
Old Feb 20, 2020, 8:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
no more hotline buffet
It may be cost-cutting, but it may also be coronavirus concerns. Eating at a buffet is one of the riskier things you can do in terms of exposing yourself to transmission.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC

I was there this week for paid breakfast (staying at home nearby) and was still satisfied with the quality and selection.

IMHO paying $30 for breakfast at a Park Hyatt (Thailand or not) is probably one of the lowest prices out there. Try Seoul, Paris or Tokyo or even Berlin/Hamburg.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 8:25 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I was there this week for paid breakfast (staying at home nearby) and was still satisfied with the quality and selection.

IMHO paying $30 for breakfast at a Park Hyatt (Thailand or not) is probably one of the lowest prices out there. Try Seoul, Paris or Tokyo or even Berlin/Hamburg.
If someone is going to eat local, the problem is that you can get a much better breakfast at Waldorf Astoria Bangkok for roughly the same price
Old Feb 21, 2020, 1:42 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
It may be cost-cutting, but it may also be coronavirus concerns. Eating at a buffet is one of the riskier things you can do in terms of exposing yourself to transmission.
yes, as a local i can confirm that it is especially the case right now (almost) anywhere in thailand or even in Asia Pacific.

the local authorities have predicted that, eventually, the situation of “Wuhan virus” outbreak in Thailand will be the same as in Japan or South Korea.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by escape4
If someone is going to eat local, the problem is that you can get a much better breakfast at Waldorf Astoria Bangkok for roughly the same price
If something is better or not is in the eye of the beholder. Not sure what could be better for me at the Waldorf since I get everything I need and in great quality at Embassy Room. Especially great bread which for me is the most important thing. I couldn't care less about buffet items. Plus of course earning WOH points for my spend and the fact that one can enroll in Dine at the Park.

You could also argue that for xyz reason the best choice would be the Mandarin Oriental but I'm really not in the mood to deal with BKK traffic. Most convenient option wins for me these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.