Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
When I stayed at this PH, there were always lots of available seating at the pool. It seemed to be hardly ever used. It's an outdoor infinity pool adjacent to the main dining room which means on the 9th floor, I think. It's not huge but should work well for kids if they don't have agoraphobia!
That sounds perfect, thank you. Just realized the other difference is the lounge at the GH vs none at PH, but i think we can balance that w free breakfast.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 11:56 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I disagree entirely. While suite upgrades have been at times sparse over the years almost everyone I know stays at SGS for their very solid Happy Hour at the three outlets and the very good breakfast.

This whole "I'm being treated well" mantra is a myth. If you're an elite member you're always "treated well" in terms of receiving hard benefits. I don't need feel good lip service. YMMV
Maybe the people you know are really into freebies? If you read the SGS thread, the service level is mentioned in the vast majority of cases as to why people like it. It’s certainly why I keep returning. Next there in 2 weeks!
Kacee likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stephem
That sounds perfect, thank you. Just realized the other difference is the lounge at the GH vs none at PH, but i think we can balance that w free breakfast.
I'm guessing you're not Globalist but you can have buffet breakfast at GH if you are.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by Aventine
I'm guessing you're not Globalist but you can have buffet breakfast at GH if you are.
Yup, that was my poorly made point, we get free breakfast at the PH or lounge/buffet at the GH, just no lounge at the PH (which we kind of like for some chill time during the evening before heading out for dinner).

FYI- The PH has a great "family plan" rate, only 7,000 THB per night, which is $140 less than my corp rate and nearly $200 off the best available rate. I booked the adult room with 20k points per night, that seemed like a good value for a $371 per night, but wow that's a lot of cash for a hotel room in Bangkok!
Old Dec 8, 2019, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stephem
I have a question about GH vs PH. We've been to Bangkok many many times, always stayed in either the GH or one of the SPG places in the vicinity. We know have 3 kids and are heading back through Bangkok for three days over Christmas. When I had initially booked many months ago, the PH had no availability at all (which seemed odd) and I snagged 2 rooms at the GH under my ridiculously low corporate rate. I've since been going back and running new searches .
Christmas.

I think GH does it much better. I'm here right now and the whole place is so Christmasy. There's even a tree in the Fitness center. Can't really imagine the minimalist PH being so festive.

skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 12:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Is there direct mall access from the hotel? We have a one day layover here before going to Bhutan and aren’t feeling too adventurous.

looks like they’re pretty open to globalist suite upgrades if there’s availability?
Old Dec 13, 2019, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by reigndrop
Is there direct mall access from the hotel? We have a one day layover here before going to Bhutan and aren’t feeling too adventurous.

looks like they’re pretty open to globalist suite upgrades if there’s availability?
Yes, direct mall access from the ground floor of the hotel, and a really great food court with lots of different food stalls at the bottom of the mall (Eathai).
reigndrop likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, with plenty of choices on almost every floor from sushi to Thai boat noodles.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by jxwo
Yes, direct mall access from the ground floor of the hotel, and a really great food court with lots of different food stalls at the bottom of the mall (Eathai).
Also access from the sixth floor.

The food court is fantastic, there is also a boat noodle place on 5th floor that is always very crowded but is very good and next door to that is an outpost of ippudo to get your ramen fix.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Indeed sizable with sitting area and the bathroom had double vanity sink.Was told all these Globalist corner rooms are facing the Okura Hotel:

I stayed at the exactly same room/category and I really loved the room. Definitely the best I stayed at in Bangkok and also the staff in this hotel was soooo friendly. I booked for nights for next year in hope to make it back
Old Dec 21, 2019, 9:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
We landed at 7a and arranged for hotel airport transfer so we got a room at 8a when we got to the hotel which is godsend.

I was surprised to see how worn in the hotel is despite its relative age, sagging seats, heavily scuffed nightstand, etc.

Breakfast was really nice, decent selection but very high quality and constantly replaced / refreshed.

location next to central embassy is great, good stores for shopping and so many great food options.

wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again but would try for a better room next time
Old Dec 21, 2019, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We landed at 7a and arranged for hotel airport transfer so we got a room at 8a when we got to the hotel which is godsend.

I was surprised to see how worn in the hotel is despite its relative age, sagging seats, heavily scuffed nightstand, etc.

Breakfast was really nice, decent selection but very high quality and constantly replaced / refreshed.

location next to central embassy is great, good stores for shopping and so many great food options.

wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again but would try for a better room next time
Suites see less wear and tear.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 1:26 am

Programs: WoH Globalist
For any one interested in the luxurious ambassador suite, here are some pictures:

Upon entering the suite, this is the living room (from the left of door entrance

Closer look to the living room (there is a DVD player with the big TV, however, you need to bring your own DVD's, as the hotel doesn't provide any movie in the suite

Phloen-chit view from living room (you can see the train when it stops to load/unload passengers

To the right of entrance there is a door that leads to guest bathroom in front, to the right is a kitchen:

and to the left we have the bedroom:

And here is the closet:

Bathroom:

After the bathroom there is a small GYM with a beautiful view of chit-loom and Siam BTS stations. Evian water is placed in the suite (though I'm unsure if it's complimentary or chargable

Old Jan 4, 2020, 6:52 am

Not sure what happened to your pictures?
Old Jan 5, 2020, 4:58 am

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Not sure what happened to your pictures?
I made a quick video of my stay in the room last year so Ill share in case anyone interested. Super nice room

Evian water is placed in the suite (though I'm unsure if it's complimentary or chargable
Complimentary

aceboy44 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.