Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Titanium | Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ainternational
GH BKK staff told me last week that estimates are now mid to late 2016. They didn't sound optimistic.
On their Facebook page they made a comment stating it is now set to open the last quarter of 2016.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:33 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
They are clearly having problems with the roof 'tiles' of the building. It has looked the same way for month with no indications of improvement. Even if they finish the inside of the building, they have a lot of work to do on the exterior still.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 11:52 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

But that wouldn't prevent the hotel from opening......
Old Feb 2, 2016, 12:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by staff
They are clearly having problems with the roof 'tiles' of the building. It has looked the same way for month with no indications of improvement. Even if they finish the inside of the building, they have a lot of work to do on the exterior still.
How they look seems to depend very much on the lighting. At some times of day, it looks fine while a couple hours later, it looks like the roof was patched using different materials.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:03 pm

Wondering whats the chances It'll be open by beginning of September. Currently have a 2 night booking at the Grand Hyatt Erawan and was really hoping if the PH could be booked instead with a DSU I have before 2/29 this month
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:15 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by njdealguy
Wondering whats the chances It'll be open by beginning of September. Currently have a 2 night booking at the Grand Hyatt Erawan and was really hoping if the PH could be booked instead with a DSU I have before 2/29 this month
You can't apply a DSU to a property that hasn't opened. It's in the T/Cs
Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:55 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

And the PH won't be opening anytime soon.....
Old Feb 11, 2016, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
And the PH won't be opening anytime soon.....
And the Erawan is a superlative hotel anyway. Stay there and try to use the DSU closer to arrival or at check in, even if it is not confirmable in advance.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by njdealguy
Someone actually just asked on their Facebook page whether they'll be open in September. The hotel is predicting a Q4 opening, so it looks like you'll be out of luck unfortunately.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:03 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
They've just started recruiting senior staff

http://www.facebook.com/ParkHyattBan...type=3&theater
Old Mar 10, 2016, 7:14 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by atlion25
Someone actually just asked on their Facebook page whether they'll be open in September. The hotel is predicting a Q4 opening, so it looks like you'll be out of luck unfortunately.
Let's see about that. TIT. If there is some political unrest that might potentially affect the tourists numbers, they might push it back once again.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by gemini573
Let's see about that. TIT. If there is some political unrest that might potentially affect the tourists numbers, they might push it back once again.
I doubt any turmoil shy of building problems will delay the opening. After all, Q4 is the onset of high season*.

*Not that there's a low season in Bangkok anymore.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 12:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I doubt any turmoil shy of building problems will delay the opening. After all, Q4 is the onset of high season*.
Not to mention an empty building is an absolute disaster for the developer. They need to start generating revenue as soon as possible or the lender will wind up owning the building.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 2:07 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Looking good, you wouldn't get me on the roof though!

Old Mar 12, 2016, 10:22 am

Coming along nicely. Hopefully they can indeed open during Q4

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.