Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2016, 2:17 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Let's first see what they will open with..... but I assume it will be priced way above the GH, and I'm not sure that is going to be a great deal in Bangkok...
Old Apr 18, 2016, 7:43 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by RTW1
Let's first see what they will open with..... but I assume it will be priced way above the GH, and I'm not sure that is going to be a great deal in Bangkok...
Probably - then perhaps a reevaluation and a decrease in price - although likely to be slightly higher than the GH.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 1:12 pm

Bangkok has several strong feeder markets but generally isn't able to support ADR other cities of the same magnitude can.

I just hope, as I said before, that the quality of the buildout will be better than the rest of the building... they cut so many corners with that mall, locals had a good laugh about it.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Can anyone provide any color on the "This is Thailand" theme I see here? I get that this property and many other projects have seen significant delays...but what drives it? Culture? Bureaucracy? Genuine curiosity here, as I love Bangkok and would love to stay at this property after it opens.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by RTW1
I agree. It can't really be on par and most certainly not cheaper. The GH already has such great service. It'll be interesting to try the Park... if it ever opens.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 7:37 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by CLEguy
Can anyone provide any color on the "This is Thailand" theme I see here? I get that this property and many other projects have seen significant delays...but what drives it? Culture? Bureaucracy? Genuine curiosity here, as I love Bangkok and would love to stay at this property after it opens.
I'm originally Thai. I think the TIT is mostly a cultural thing with the attitude that things will be done when it's done (much like "island time"). I know people whose houses or extensive renovations takes a couple of years. Of course for a building this size bureaucracy gets involved also. I'm sure that the ownership, Central group, is anxious to open the hotel since their investment is very significant - I had heard that they paid $400 million for the land which was the front lawn of the British Embassy.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by peteropny
I'm originally Thai. I think the TIT is mostly a cultural thing with the attitude that things will be done when it's done (much like "island time"). I know people whose houses or extensive renovations takes a couple of years. Of course for a building this size bureaucracy gets involved also. I'm sure that the ownership, Central group, is anxious to open the hotel since their investment is very significant - I had heard that they paid $400 million for the land which was the front lawn of the British Embassy.
Having spent many years in SE Asia and Thailand specifically I think the term TIT is rather more pejorative.
Old May 5, 2016, 12:50 pm

I was browsing thorough the posts on PH Bangkok's Facebook page, and noticed that someone asked whether the hotel would open in March 2017 instead of Q4 2016, which is the time frame our GP Concierge told us.

The property representative on FB seems to be strongly pushing the Q4 2016 opening date, and is insisting the scheduled opening date is still Q4 2016, and not 2017.

So...who is right?
Old May 5, 2016, 7:01 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by agjil
I was browsing thorough the posts on PH Bangkok's Facebook page, and noticed that someone asked whether the hotel would open in March 2017 instead of Q4 2016, which is the time frame our GP Concierge told us.

The property representative on FB seems to be strongly pushing the Q4 2016 opening date, and is insisting the scheduled opening date is still Q4 2016, and not 2017.

So...who is right?
As Thais like to say, everything will be sabai sabai.....
Old May 5, 2016, 11:53 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by agjil
So...who is right?
No. Who's on first. Right is never mentioned.

We'll know the answer when the property opens.
Old May 6, 2016, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet
No. Who's on first. Right is never mentioned.

We'll know the answer when the property opens.
Old May 6, 2016, 2:01 am

Count me in as one that'd like to see the hotel open this year; I'll be in Bangkok late December. I'm not adding much to the discussion here, but they did update their website with a real nice pool rendering.

Name:  Park-Hyatt-Bangkok-P002-Rooftop-Swimming-Pool.masthead-feature-panel-medium.jpg
Views: 864
Size:  172.3 KB
Old May 6, 2016, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by jxwo
Count me in as one that'd like to see the hotel open this year; I'll be in Bangkok late December. I'm not adding much to the discussion here, but they did update their website with a real nice pool rendering.

Attachment 6189
Gorgeous, na?
Old May 6, 2016, 6:37 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
That is a beautiful pool. But having stayed at the St REGIS BKK shortly after opening, not sure I'd take the plunge so quickly after opening.
Old May 6, 2016, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by yosithezet
That is a beautiful pool. But having stayed at the St REGIS BKK shortly after opening, not sure I'd take the plunge so quickly after opening.
PH looks okay, but I can't say I am all that excited by it. I already love the Erawan, and riverside hotels like Peninsula and Mandarin Oriental.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.