FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1307256-park-hyatt-paris-vendome-review-master-thread-aug-2011-onward.html)

francophile Oct 2, 2011 11:16 am

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC (Post 17207097)
I could use my Amex platinum personal to pay for any additional charges but that will not get me anything.

You will earn AMEX MR points and Hyatt GP points.

stevens397 Oct 2, 2011 11:41 am

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC (Post 17207097)
My goal is to stay there in UR or hyatt free nights. so I am trying to get more creative .

I could use my Amex platinum personal to pay for any additional charges but that will not get me anything .

Not sure I understand the problem. What would happen if you made your reservation through a Virtuoso agent (I can refer you to one if you wish). She makes the reservation for you and along with it, you get a number of valuable benefits.

When you get there, you use your Chase UR card. When the bill comes, you redeem some of the UR points to pay the bill.

Wouldn't that work? Wouldn't it solve the problem. The Virtuoso benefits at the PH Paris Vendome include room upgrade, free internet, free continental breakfast, late check-out plus and 85 Euro hotel restaurant credit.

GoingAway Oct 2, 2011 11:42 am

Originally Posted by stevens397 (Post 17207833)
Not sure I understand the problem. What would happen if you made your reservation through a Virtuoso agent (I can refer you to one if you wish). She makes the reservation for you and along with it, you get a number of valuable benefits.

When you get there, you use your Chase UR card. When the bill comes, you redeem some of the UR points to pay the bill.

Wouldn't that work? Wouldn't it solve the problem. The Virtuoso benefits at the PH Paris Vendome include room upgrade, free internet, free continental breakfast, late check-out plus and 85 Euro hotel restaurant credit.

He is looking for a free not paid stay, thats the difference ;)

mcavin Oct 2, 2011 3:45 pm

Advice - New Year's Eve @ PH

Staying at the PH-V over NYE 2011-2012. Looking for a top-notch restaraunt at which to celebrate New Year's with the to-be-MRS (she'll find out... that night).

Any suggestions?

Firewind Oct 2, 2011 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by mcavin (Post 17208739)
Staying at the PH-V over NYE 2011-2012. Looking for a top-notch restaraunt at which to celebrate New Year's with the to-be-MRS (she'll find out... that night).

Any suggestions?

Well, I don't get to survey the :-::-::-:s, but if you want to knock her socks off, I would suggest a walk, without telling her the destination, over to the Ritz, which is itself just off of the place Vendome. Be ready, their drinks alone cost more than the Park Hyatt's. But they have their own glass swizzle sticks, of which I'm sure there are fewer each night. Who gets one of those with their rock?

Addendum: You will watch Midnight in Paris with her first, non? You never know if you'll run into Ernest, and who knows who else? (The back room was his for a time or an era. .....OK, a bad attempt.)

francophile Oct 2, 2011 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by mcavin (Post 17208739)

Any suggestions?

http://www.meuricehotel.fr/restaurant-le-meurice

http://www.fourseasons.com/paris/dining/le_cinq/

http://www.lebristolparis.com/#/rest...-gastronomique

RichardInSF Oct 3, 2011 12:01 am

Why not contact the PH concierge and ask them to make a recommendation? They've inevitably gotten it right when I've asked them anything.

peteropny Oct 3, 2011 8:03 am

Mod Note - I've moved about a dozen posts discussing the discontinuation of free Coffee / Tea in the morning from this thread to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...p-members.html since it's really a discussion of Hyatt wide benefits and not specific to this property.

Please continue discussion of the coffee / tea issue over in the "new" thread and keep this thread for specific discussion of the PH Vendome.

Thanks!!!

peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt

Robl Oct 12, 2011 7:54 pm

Will be at the Vendome next week. Are there "American type" 120v outlets in the bathrooms? Yes I have an adaptor but I was wondering since I've stayed at other hotels where I didn't need an adaptor.

iluv2fly Oct 12, 2011 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Robl (Post 17264809)
Will be at the Vendome next week. Are there "American type" 120v outlets in the bathrooms? Yes I have an adaptor but I was wondering since I've stayed at other hotels where I didn't need an adaptor.

Nope - had to call and have it brought up to the room.

TraveltheWorld Oct 12, 2011 11:49 pm

Does anybody have an email address for the concierge at this hotel? I'd like some help with some restaurant reservations, but the e-concierge service only allows their selected restaurants.

Stewie Mac Oct 13, 2011 1:49 am

Originally Posted by TraveltheWorld (Post 17265830)
Does anybody have an email address for the concierge at this hotel? I'd like some help with some restaurant reservations, but the e-concierge service only allows their selected restaurants.

I did have but can't find it, sorry. I have in the past emailed the general address from the webpage (paris dot vendome at hyatt dot com) which has been forwarded to the concierge - I got a reply from them within 24 hours.

stevens397 Oct 13, 2011 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by TraveltheWorld (Post 17265830)

[email protected]

They are very responsive - you will hear from them within a day.

denniskwan Oct 13, 2011 7:37 pm

Yes, they are very responsive. They can also help you to book other restaurants in Paris even not in their list.

krazieman Oct 13, 2011 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind (Post 17209495)
Well, I don't get to survey the :-::-::-:s, but if you want to knock her socks off, I would suggest a walk, without telling her the destination, over to the Ritz, which is itself just off of the place Vendome. Be ready, their drinks alone cost more than the Park Hyatt's. But they have their own glass swizzle sticks, of which I'm sure there are fewer each night. Who gets one of those with their rock?

Addendum: You will watch Midnight in Paris with her first, non? You never know if you'll run into Ernest, and who knows who else? (The back room was his for a time or an era. .....OK, a bad attempt.)

Wow.. so the drinks there are even higher than the 26Euro minimum at the PH?
geez.