Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2013, 6:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by banzani
I will end up at min 11 stays but could somewhat easily do 17. 25 would be a stretch from there indeed. I am wondering if doing 17 over 11 would buy any goodwill ?
Too far off for GP to consider goodwill. Hyatt aims to maintain integrity of the Diamond Status. When ready, just sign up to do the Diamond Challenge once again.. that is if you have elite status at another hotel chain.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Worth the mattress run for Diamond.

You received the suite upgrades when you signed up for the Challenge (on commencement of the Diamond Challenge). In bold above, sounds like you didn't know you had the suite upgrades to use? Its in your account right now to use.

I have similar experiences.. The upgrades aren't usually spectacular, but I always stay in a suite and don't expect an upgrade in suites. But I'm really happy with the Hyatt GP program overall.
Yes I have them in my account. By "deliver" I meant that I will actually be able to use them when I want. For example UA provides me with GPUs and RDUs but I sometimes I can't use them on the flights where I need them.

So far I am 1 for 1 with Hyatt on using the cert for a confirmed suite so I'm happy. However was a bit disappointed when I noticed that the 4 upgrades that I received on my status match expire Feb. 2014. That's not terribly useful.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 6:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Yes I have them in my account. By "deliver" I meant that I will actually be able to use them when I want. For example UA provides me with GPUs and RDUs but I sometimes I can't use them on the flights where I need them.

So far I am 1 for 1 with Hyatt on using the cert for a confirmed suite so I'm happy. However was a bit disappointed when I noticed that the 4 upgrades that I received on my status match expire Feb. 2014. That's not terribly useful.
You will receive another 4 Diamond Suite Upgrades March 1st, 2014. I assume that you have status until February 28, 2015.

Still dissappointed? You can use the 3 remaining Diamond Suite Upgrades by booking a reservation up to a year ahead. Just after March 1st, 2014, no changes can be made without relinquishing the suite upgrade with expiry February 28, 2014.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 8:18 pm

Can someone please advise the requirements for the challenge, how many nights/stays within what time and who to contact?
Old Nov 4, 2013, 8:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
Can someone please advise the requirements for the challenge, how many nights/stays within what time and who to contact?
See post 797
Old Nov 4, 2013, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by martyYYZ
See post 797
Thanks, I put this info in the wiki for people like me who can't find it on two try's searching the thread.

can anyone, or the lurker, advise if government rate applies? The terms seem to indicate it does but want to confirm before I take the challenge.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA:EXP, GLD:A.Argen., Etihad; Turk SIL:UA, VS; HOT.GLD:ClubC, Loews, SPG; PL:Ritz, Hil, IHG, BtW., R
I am just sad that I didn't do the match;challenge when I had the chance as I think I would like Andaz properties a lot. I am new to traveling again, after a long time off, and loving it. I got in under the Marriott/Ritz Platinum challenge and have to say I have been given more than my fair share of suite upgrades, so I guess I should count my blessings.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 12:57 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Thanks, I put this info in the wiki for people like me who can't find it on two try's searching the thread.

can anyone, or the lurker, advise if government rate applies? The terms seem to indicate it does but want to confirm before I take the challenge.
Any stay that is eligible for stay credit applies as credit towards challenge requirements - including government rates.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:14 pm

quick question:

I am planning on booking a points stay in hawaii at the andaz maui.

Great time to do the challenge....should i first request and wait to be approved BEFORE i book my stay or does it matter?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by flyinghigh2011
quick question:

I am planning on booking a points stay in hawaii at the andaz maui.

Great time to do the challenge....should i first request and wait to be approved BEFORE i book my stay or does it matter?
Just so you know, your points stay will not count towards Diamond-qualifying nights/stay. In that case, it doesn't really matter if you sign-up before or after!
Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:29 pm

yes i understand that! im a spg guy but for hawaii want to stay at the andaz so i figured doing the challenge would be good so i get the diamond perks on our stay!
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by flyinghigh2011
yes i understand that! im a spg guy but for hawaii want to stay at the andaz so i figured doing the challenge would be good so i get the diamond perks on our stay!
Oh gotcha! It doesn't matter... As long as you have it by the time you check-in, you're good to go. They will recognize the status at check-in and you can request an upgrade at that point. Unfortunately you can't do the "6k for a suite upgrade" or use a Diamond Suite Award with a trip on points, but the status may help you!
Old Nov 6, 2013, 5:10 pm

Do you need to hold a top teir elite status with a another chain for Hyatt to extend the Diamond challange to you?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 6:52 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Do you need to hold a top teir elite status with a another chain for Hyatt to extend the Diamond challange to you?
Yes... Either of the four chains below:

Hilton Gold VIP or Hilton Diamond VIP
Marriott Gold or Marriott Platinum
Starwood Platinum Preferred Guest
Priority Club Platinum
Old Nov 6, 2013, 7:09 pm

I'm in the midst of a status challenge as we speak and trying to schedule my 12th night. The best thing fitting in my schedule is checking in on day 60 of my challenge, checking out day 61. Would this count towards the challenge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.