Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2013, 7:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You can see your new expiration almost instantly.... last time I got an e-mail acknowledging my new status within a week. A new card will probably take something like a month.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 8:27 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Originally Posted by RTW1
You can see your new expiration almost instantly.... last time I got an e-mail acknowledging my new status within a week. A new card will probably take something like a month.
Thanks; my account reflects my new status through 2/15, but I haven't received anything from Hyatt GP (email, welcome packet, card, etc.).
Old Oct 2, 2013, 11:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

When was your last of the 12 nights?
Old Oct 2, 2013, 11:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by wolf539
After completing a challenge approximately how long does it take before you receive a welcome letter, Diamond card, etc.?
My status confirmation email came in the same week the stay was posted that completed the Challenge. This confirmed my status til February 2015. My Diamond card arrived accompanied with a brochure and welcome letter via mail a month later.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 5:33 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
After completing a challenge approximately how long does it take before you receive a welcome letter, Diamond card, etc.?
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
My status confirmation email came in the same week the stay was posted that completed the Challenge. This confirmed my status til February 2015. My Diamond card arrived accompanied with a brochure and welcome letter via mail a month later.
I'd recommend replying to the original email you sent Hyatt as soon as your 12th stay posts to your account. This way they'll see it within hours and update your account immediately. Once updated (that very same day), you can go into your Hyatt account and request a Diamond card.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:19 am

The stay that put me over the top and completed the challenge ended 9/19. My account was updated as soon as the stay posted, and now reflects Diamond status until 2/28/15.

I never received an email confirmation, but since my account accurately reflects my status I'm not too concerned. Hopefully the card and welcome packet are on the way!
Old Oct 3, 2013, 11:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jmgriffin
I'd recommend replying to the original email you sent Hyatt as soon as your 12th stay posts to your account. This way they'll see it within hours and update your account immediately. Once updated (that very same day), you can go into your Hyatt account and request a Diamond card.
Totally unnecessary.... your status is already Diamond and as soon as the 12th stay has posted your expiration date of your Diamond status is updated.

It's just the e-mail and the new card that takes a while.... but who needs those.

Just like you receive e-mails with account balances that are outdated. For instance the last one I got was sent on Sep 28 with my Sep 21 account balance, already 3 stays and 4 nights had been posted in between.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 3:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
The stay that put me over the top and completed the challenge ended 9/19. My account was updated as soon as the stay posted, and now reflects Diamond status until 2/28/15.

I never received an email confirmation, but since my account accurately reflects my status I'm not too concerned. Hopefully the card and welcome packet are on the way!
A good feeling.. but there really isn't anything to worry about, unless you're excited to get the brochure and card.

Its a black card that really has no function. You get everything online that you need. The brochure is nice and glossy, but after glancing at it, the brochure regurgetates the website and the email. Congratulations.:-:
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by smitty06
Whatever program you attempt to match from, you must provide proof of at least one stay.
Within 12 months? Within this calendar year? I have a stay at the program I hope to match from from December '12, but haven't stayed in one since. Even though timing isn't ideal for it, I am planning to do the challenge, and then also apply for the card.

How do the free nights from the card work? If I do the challenge starting in, say, November, and then have provisional Diamond, apply for the card and want to use the 2 free nights in a suite in January...if for whatever reason I am unable to complete the challenge within 60 days are the free nights still in suites if I book them for January or February? Or, do the free nights get downgraded back to regular rooms?
Old Oct 4, 2013, 1:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The mail you get states one stay in the last 12 months....
Old Oct 4, 2013, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
A good feeling.. but there really isn't anything to worry about, unless you're excited to get the brochure and card.

Congratulations.:-:
Funny...!
Old Oct 6, 2013, 8:17 pm

Any current working methods for getting a status match challenge with Hyatt if you don't currently have higher status somewhere else? Used to have Hilton Gold but not anymore and have some upcoming Hyatt stays next month and could really use diamond benefits.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Originally Posted by drdavidge
Any current working methods for getting a status match challenge with Hyatt if you don't currently have higher status somewhere else? Used to have Hilton Gold but not anymore and have some upcoming Hyatt stays next month and could really use diamond benefits.
Get Citi Reserve or Amex Surpass and then stay one night at a Hilton if you haven't in the last 12months.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:28 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist

Many people are asking about when the welcome card and packet will arrive, here is the info on my experience:

July 19: I sent an email to Hyatt asking to confirm that I had completed the challenge:

July 29: Postmark date on Welcome Package:

August 1: Letter arrived.

It took 13 days from completion of Status Challenge until the Diamond card was in my mailbox.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 5:03 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
how many times can i do a diamond challenge?
I did one earlier in the year but i started it before July 1 because my planned stays only took me to 8 for the second half of the year...which led me to the Feb 14 expiration. I was going to mattress run to keep my status another year but got tagged with a last minute deployment two weeks out to afghanistan and wont return until march 14. I emailed gold passport and they basically told me no dice on extending my status. anything i can do other than starting over at square 1 when i get back?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.