Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2012, 8:13 pm

Do i get a night stay if i check it next early morning

I have some stays something up where I check in early - around 8am and I book the previous night to secure a room. The stay lasts for 3 nights in total (out of which I sleep 2 nights)

Do I get night credit for 3 nights or 2?

Thanks
Old Sep 19, 2012, 8:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SGC Gold, IHG Plat, Delta Diamond, Cont Gold, US Air Chairmans
Originally Posted by chanpreet
I have some stays something up where I check in early - around 8am and I book the previous night to secure a room. The stay lasts for 3 nights in total (out of which I sleep 2 nights)

Do I get night credit for 3 nights or 2?

Thanks
I did at the Andaz in London. I booked the room the night before so I could go right in around 8am when I arrived. No issues at all.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 8:09 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
So do Travelzoo rates (booked via Hyatt.com) now count? In the FAQ's it says they do and yet there are conlicting reports.

NOTHING in the "rate details" window,nor on my comfirmation page, on the rate I am looking at mentions this.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 8:19 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
So do Travelzoo rates (booked via Hyatt.com) now count? In the FAQ's it says they do and yet there are conlicting reports.

NOTHING in the "rate details" window,nor on my comfirmation page, on the rate I am looking at mentions this.
This was never really clarified. If you click through the Travelzoo offer to book, there is a chance that it won't but normally there is a corresponding rate offered on the Hyatt site that matches the Travelzoo rate but does not indicate Travelzoo, this is likely to qualify.

If this is important to you, perhaps you should PM our Gold Passport Concierge (with your confirmation number if you already booked it) and confirm.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I did hear back from HGP Concierge who confirmed that if the booking is made via Hyatt.com rather than a third party site then you WILL earn points/stay credit for stays using a code obtained on Travelzoo.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
I did hear back from HGP Concierge who confirmed that if the booking is made via Hyatt.com rather than a third party site then you WILL earn points/stay credit for stays using a code obtained on Travelzoo.
Thanks for reporting back - hopefully this is the norm going forward.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP / 2MM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond
I checked my points awarded for a recent stay at Andaz 5th Avenue, and saw that the Dinner Food was counted as an eligible charge but the Dinner Beverages (wine and beer) were not. I found the following in the T&C's:

Hyatt Gold Passport members may receive Hyatt Gold Passport points on Eligible Incidental Charges, even when paying Ineligible Rates. Five Hyatt Gold Passport points will be awarded for each whole U.S. dollar or U.S. dollar equivalent, paid by a member for Eligible Incidental Charges that are charged to the member's room. "Eligible Incidental Charges" vary on a hotel-by-hotel basis, but generally include food, beverage and lounge expenditures (except at outlets not operated by the hotel) and other charges such as laundry, dry cleaning and telephone. Hyatt Gold Passport points will not be awarded on alcoholic beverage purchases in certain jurisdictions.
Do we know what these "certain jurisdictions" are? I find it hard to believe that New York would be one of these. Thanks for any info on this!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by feeb1
Do we know what these "certain jurisdictions" are? I find it hard to believe that New York would be one of these. Thanks for any info on this!
No we don't - sorry.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP / 2MM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by feeb1
Do we know what these "certain jurisdictions" are?
Okay, I got the following answer from Gold Passport Concierge via email:

"Due to the large volume of countries and jurisdictions our chain spans, "certain jurisdictions" is used as a blanket term and therefore refers to all of our properties. By default, our properties do not reward alcohol purchases."
Old Nov 1, 2012, 7:42 am

Programs: Hyatt GP Platinum
I recently received the Hyatt Visa and so I have platinum through that. I was also credited for two stays that reads as follows on my gp account details page:

"Hycard Inc. Stay 5 0 5"

What kind of stay is this? Or is this a stay credit through the visa card for spending a set amount of money? Because I have not spent the required 20k in a calendar year.

Update: I have confirmed that even though I have only acquired 5 stays and 8 nights this calendar year, I have been credited for an additional 2 stays and 5 nights. But I had only charged $16k at the time those extra credits were posted. Is the requirement for the 2 stay/5 nights bonus credit less than the stated 20k?

Last edited by 88mph; Nov 1, 2012 at 8:11 am
Old Nov 13, 2012, 8:35 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
"Free Night" Questions

I don't see anything in the FAQ about free night awards, such as those received after applying for the Chase Hyatt credit card.

1. Do you need to phone in to book them?
2. Are they cancelable if travel plans change?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
I don't see anything in the FAQ about free night awards, such as those received after applying for the Chase Hyatt credit card.

1. Do you need to phone in to book them?
2. Are they cancelable if travel plans change?

1. I believe they can only be booked one at a time - so it would probably be better if you call in your reservation so that they would be on the same reservation. I'm not certain about this though.

2. Yes, within "normal" cancellation periods - usually the afternoon before scheduled arrival.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Thank you for the information, peteropny! I will phone Hyatt tomorrow.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 7:54 am

Programs: AA Platinum 4MM; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
I might have missed this, but is it the case for free night awards that they count for neither stays towards the 25 nor nights towards the 50?

Thanks,
--woodstock
Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JoeWoodstock
I might have missed this, but is it the case for free night awards that they count for neither stays towards the 25 nor nights towards the 50?

Thanks,
--woodstock
Correct award nights o not count unless there is a glitch which does happen occasionally but don't count on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.