Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2014, 9:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

If you qualify in 2015 (25stays or 50nights) you will have Diamond status until 02/17.... Or do the challenge somewhere in the second half of 2015 and qualify for that as well, same result.

Who knows the challenge might even be available in 2016 as well....
Old Jun 28, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Delta, HHonors, Marriott rewards, Amex Gold
Based on the dates they gave me, once you qualify it's good for the next 18 months.

But don't worry if you don't make it in 2015 and you need to cover your trip for 8/2016, just do a diamond challenge at the about a month or so before your trip and you will get all the perks of Diamond including the suite upgrades, welcome amenity and free breakfast. (That's assuming you haven't requested a diamond challenge before, because I think you can only request it once.)

Last edited by Yes2milesandpoints; Jun 28, 2014 at 2:37 pm
Old Jun 28, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Delta, HHonors, Marriott rewards, Amex Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaDiamond76
I just booked a European vacation for me and spouse in July and booked business class airline seats throughout using Delta Skymiles (delta diamond member) and want to use Hyatt (hyatt diamond member) points to book our hotels in Amsterdam and Moscow. Amsterdam Andaz has been booked using points but I am roughly 44,000 (22,000 points/night) Hyatt points short for the last 2 nights of our 4 nights in Moscow. Any thoughts on how I get there? Alternatively I can book entire Moscow stay at Hilton using HHonors points but I really prefer the Hyatt in Moscow. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
If you are talking about the Ararat Park Hyatt Moscow, it's a cat 6 hotel which requires 25,000 GP points for a standard room, (not 22,000). I would cover at least 1 night fully with points then do points + cash for the other nights (12,500 x 3 nights plus $375 cash).

Other options would be to transfer points from other partner programs such as UR or apply for the credit card and meet the spending requirement in time to get the free nights.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 3:45 pm

Quick question as my brain seems to be a big slow...

I just applied and got accepted for the diamond challenge and have 4 hyatt stays in france to take advantage of the diamond benefits. However, I have limited of time to actually try to complete the challenge, I am attending some meetings that has preset hotels that I have no control over, plus I'm back in Europe for another meeting with hotel pre selected that's non hyatt as well.

That said, I currently have 9 stays ytd. I will for sure be able to get another 16 by the end of the year, so it's not that detrimental if I can't complete the challenge, correct??
Old Jul 6, 2014, 4:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Nope,you will be Plat again after the 60 days. And as soon as you get 25 stays you get to be Diamond again.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 11:14 pm

Rtw1- thank you! I was stressing out a bit how to fit in 12 nights in 3 weeks!
Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:00 am

If using teh Chase Hyatt card to book a room with Cash and Points, does the cash payment qualify for 3 points? (as opposed to just 1 point on regular purchases).

For reference, Club Carlson's card does reward points for the cash portion. However Amex SPG does not.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by tracerit
If using teh Chase Hyatt card to book a room with Cash and Points, does the cash payment qualify for 3 points? (as opposed to just 1 point on regular purchases).

For reference, Club Carlson's card does reward points for the cash portion. However Amex SPG does not.
Absolutely, in addition to the 5 points/$ for the stay + bonus if you have status.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 7:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Status Benefits on Priceline Stays

Is it still the case that you receive most Diamond status benefits when you stay at a Hyatt that was booked using bidding on priceline.com?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 7:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yes, you get Diamond benefits even when using a 3rd party for your booking, just no points and stay/night credit.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 7:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by RTW1
Yes, you get Diamond benefits even when using a 3rd party for your booking, just no points and stay/night credit.
Awesome, thanks!

Is this the only hotel loyalty program that does this?
Old Sep 20, 2014, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by FlyingExplorer
Awesome, thanks!

Is this the only hotel loyalty program that does this?
Marriott also offers elite benefits for opaque bookings.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 1:48 pm

Stay credit for direct billing

I'm not sure it is written anywhere (searched, but couldn't find)...I know you can't get points for a room that is direct billed, but do you get the night/stay credit? I've gotten it in the past, but when I called up to request a suite upgrade, they said i couldn't use the suite upgrade on a direct bill rate (which is weird, but i've done that before as well). I asked about the stay credit and they said no, I won't get stay/night credit either. Anybody have a definite answer, or is this a YMMV? thank you.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HYATT Globalist, Marriott GLD, Car National Exe
Multiple Rooms

I have a stay coming up next month at Hyatt Regency Danang. I booked 3 rooms for 2 nights for my family and I, and all are C+P under my account. Will it be 6 or 2 nights count toward the fall 2014 promotion (50k for 20 nights)? Thanks.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Only 2...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.