Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2024, 4:43 pm

I read on this thread that an eligible rate does not include reservations made through third party booking sites such as booking.com, etc., and therefore such reservations are not eligible for points as well as stay and night credits.

I assume that also means that I cannot apply a club access award to such a reservation.

Are both of the above correct?
Old Feb 1, 2024, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
I read on this thread that an eligible rate does not include reservations made through third party booking sites such as booking.com, etc., and therefore such reservations are not eligible for points as well as stay and night credits.

I assume that also means that I cannot apply a club access award to such a reservation.

Are both of the above correct?
Yes, I believe you would not be able to apply a club access award to third-party bookings.

Here are the terms and conditions:

Club Lounge Access Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, Suite Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights.
An “Eligible Rate” is defined as any room rate for a participating hotel, resort, or other property that is published by Hyatt (including rates found on hyatt.com without the application of a discount code, and Hyatt’s “Standard Rate,” “Volume Account Rates,” “Senior Citizen Rate,” Hyatt Privé rate, and the monetary portion of any Points + Cash Award (as defined in Appendix B), and – for stays with a checkout date on or after January 1, 2023 – Hyatt friends-and-family discount rates, but excluding rates published by ALG Vacations (defined below) unless Hyatt expressly indicates otherwise) or, for Miraval properties, published by Miraval.
“Ineligible Rates” are all rates other than Eligible Rates and include Free Night Awards (as defined in Appendix B), complimentary nights awarded in connection with Miraval’s Authentic Circle program, rooms booked on third-party online retailers (such as Expedia.com, Travelocity.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline.com, Tripadvisor.com, Inspirato.com, home-sharing sites, or any other third-party online/mobile travel portal or bookings made directly on Google.com and TripAdvisor Instant Book), traditional wholesale rates (examples include, without limitation, GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, Tourico, and Hotelbeds), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, media rates, Club at the Hyatt discount stays, Hyatt employee discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers, or contracted rooms. (A “contracted room” is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel or resort and a corporation, government agency, or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time.)
As for eligible stay and night credits, the terms and conditions are similar:

(i) Tier-Qualifying Nights. A Member may earn awards based on the number of nights the Member (i) stays at a Hyatt hotel or resort; (ii) pays an Eligible Rate or redeems a Free Night Award; and (iii) associates their valid Program membership number with the reservation (either at the time of reservation or check-in or by requesting retroactive credit for the night in accordance with Hyatt’s procedures) during the applicable measuring period (each a “Tier-Qualifying Night”).
sfvoyage likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 8:21 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Pocatello
Are you referring to sending Hyatt points from one Hyatt Member to another Hyatt Member?

If so...

transferring points from one member to another member does not have any charges.
Can booking a hotel then canceling count as activity?
Old Feb 5, 2024, 12:29 pm
Company Representative: World of Hyatt

Programs: World of Hyatt
Good afternoon. Thank you for choosing Hyatt. Booking and then cancelling a reservation does not count as stay activity.
  • Redeem points towards a night (free night awards, club upgrade, etc.). Stay must be actualized.
  • The following count as stay activity:
  • Any addition or deduction of points (except LPEMP points) counts as activity
  • Receive points (earned on eligible stay/spend at participating Hyatt, SLH, including Planner Rewards)
  • Redeem points towards a night (free night awards, club upgrade, etc.). Stay must be actualized.
  • Redeem points for Dining, Spa and More redemption
  • Receive point credit through a Hyatt partner (Avis, Airlines, Chase/Chase Ultimate Rewards, etc.)
    • Including points earned with the American Airlines/World of Hyatt Partnership
  • Transfer an award to another guest (point award)
  • Convert World of Hyatt points to a Hyatt partner (Airline, Avis, etc.)
  • Purchase points
  • Combine points with another World of Hyatt member's account (once submitted)
  • Active World of Hyatt Credit Cardmember
  • Active Hyatt Vacation Club Owner
tcspears likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by World of Hyatt Concierge
Good afternoon. Thank you for choosing Hyatt. Booking and then cancelling a reservation does not count as stay activity.
  • The following count as stay activity:
  • Any addition or deduction of points (except LPEMP points) counts as activity
  • Receive points (earned on eligible stay/spend at participating Hyatt, SLH, including Planner Rewards)
  • Redeem points for Dining, Spa and More redemption
  • Receive point credit through a Hyatt partner (Avis, Airlines, Chase/Chase Ultimate Rewards, etc.)
    • Including points earned with the American Airlines/World of Hyatt Partnership
  • Transfer an award to another guest (point award)
  • Convert World of Hyatt points to a Hyatt partner (Airline, Avis, etc.)
  • Purchase points
  • Combine points with another World of Hyatt member's account (once submitted)
  • Active World of Hyatt Credit Cardmember
  • Active Hyatt Vacation Club Owner
I don't think we have access to the ServiceNow links that you've posted...
Old Feb 29, 2024, 9:23 am

Grace period for status downgrade ?

My Explorist status is set to be valid until today (February 29th). I do have an upcoming stay this weekend (2 days after the official expiration date)

Is the status downgrade effective immediately after the expiration, or is there a couple of days grace period until the status changes ? I would like to take advantage of my status benefits for this stay.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 5:38 am

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Virtuoso, SLH, LHW, Rosewood, Four Seasons, and many more!
Originally Posted by IntTraveller
My Explorist status is set to be valid until today (February 29th). I do have an upcoming stay this weekend (2 days after the official expiration date)

Is the status downgrade effective immediately after the expiration, or is there a couple of days grace period until the status changes ? I would like to take advantage of my status benefits for this stay.
It's typically the next day after expiration that your status will change. Even if it doesn't change in your app, they will see it on the back-end when you check-in.
IntTraveller likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by tcspears
It's typically the next day after expiration that your status will change. Even if it doesn't change in your app, they will see it on the back-end when you check-in.
Thank you for your clarification. Indeed I see the status change in the app and website today, so likely the benefits wont apply to my upcoming stay. As a note, IHG gave me a grace period of about two weeks when my status was downgraded.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I have been either a Diamond, Platinum, Explorist, or Globalist since 2012. But last year the hyatt mlife loophole went away (RIP) and I only had nine nights total, so I expected to have no status at all, but logged in and was pleasantly surprised to see Discoverist status. Are soft landings a thing for everyone, or something that is case by case?
Old Mar 15, 2024, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA
Expiring Points - need to get just some points

[Not sure this is the correct thread, so if not, please reposition... thank you]

I received an email indicating my hyatt points would expire for lack of activity in about 30 days. I do not plan to have a stay before that period occurs.

The advice I seek is if there is an easy way to obtain a few points at a minimal spend. For example, go to a hyatt or affiliated property, buy coke or have a meal, etc.,...?

Thank you for any information.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 2:15 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hytail
[Not sure this is the correct thread, so if not, please reposition... thank you]

I received an email indicating my hyatt points would expire for lack of activity in about 30 days. I do not plan to have a stay before that period occurs.

The advice I seek is if there is an easy way to obtain a few points at a minimal spend. For example, go to a hyatt or affiliated property, buy coke or have a meal, etc.,...?

Thank you for any information.
There's some discussion of how to keep your points from expiring here ...

expiration of points - pandemic - FlyerTalk Forums

It looks like the minimum point purchase is now 2000 points for $48 ...
hytail likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA
@skj Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.